Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

A wise man once told me.....just let "her" do her thing and she will tell you what she wants. - still the best advice I think any of us need to remember(thanks Beateo)

Agreed! One of the limitations in my current setup is lack of space and access. I can't even get a good look at them, much less spend any time getting to understand what's going on. I'm not a "groovy" kind of grower, but I am now a firm believer in spending time with your plants so you know when they are thriving and when something is starting to go south.

When I scratch my screen, I can almost smell ur girls.

Brings a whole new meaning to, "scratch and sniff".

Agreed! One of the limitations in my current setup is lack of space and access. I can't even get a good look at them, much less spend any time getting to understand what's going on.
I was in the same boat for a minute Pita until we converted to a micro perpetual grow.

Hey Brother Beateo:).....sorry to hear about your wife:/.....i hope her appt went well.....send her LB's and my :love: vibes and best wishes for a quick recovery:)........on your lower leaves....if they have not perked up yet since watering......how far are your lights above the tops of the canopy or rather how far are the leaves that are affected from the light......i ask because mine that are not recieving sufficient light will do the same before yellowing and falling off:).....but hopefully it was a water issue and they are happy again:).....
Positive vibes being sent for all of you;)

Green Dreamz,
Thanks bro. The wife will be fine.... lots of meds and breathing treatments but she's feeling better this morning. :)
See... the good vibes absolutely work! And.... all of my girls have perked right back up since yesterday's watering. I guess it wasn't either light or heat.... but, I can't see how there won't be an issue with light? My light meter reads good light right down to the dirt level IF it's not blocked out by leaves. I've only trimmed off leaves that block a bud site.. not other leaves so I'm figuring on losing some of the lower leaves eventually. I'm just really happy it's not a pest issue or something really difficult to fix.
Thanks again for the positive vibes brother.

Hey Brother Beateo:).....sorry to hear about your wife:/.....i hope her appt went well.....send her LB's and my :love: vibes and best wishes for a quick recovery:)........on your lower leaves....if they have not perked up yet since watering......how far are your lights above the tops of the canopy or rather how far are the leaves that are affected from the light......i ask because mine that are not recieving sufficient light will do the same before yellowing and falling off:).....but hopefully it was a water issue and they are happy again:).....
Positive vibes being sent for all of you;)

WOOT! Good news on all fronts.

Thanks to all of you guys! The wife and I both have our health issues but she's good for now and all I need to do is fire one up. lol
Everything is going well now... uh oh... that can't be right?? :)
:Namaste:
Great news on the wife and the girls bro:).....i am glad it was just a water issue:).....no worries there:).....always sending out positive vibes.....and energy......i truly believe in the power of the energy surrounding us and the impact our moods have on it:).....have a great daze my friend:)

WOOT! Good news on all fronts.

Update on my attempt at cloning. This picture is of one of the Haze cuttings I put in the bubble cloner. There were 5 Haze and 4 Amnesia... all of the Haze have at least the start of roots while the Amnesia haven't done anything yet except split their stems. I suppose different timing for different strains?
DSCN23064.JPG

We have lift off!

Hi all!
Some of my girls looked like crap again this morning? Some of the large fan leaves were just about hanging straight down and floppy. I watered again without the nutes this time. It seems these girls are as thirsty as my last grow was dry... a few times last grow I went 10 days without watering just to see how long it took them to show signs of drying out and they never did. I was a little afraid to go any longer than 10 days. I'm wondering if HPS/MH lights are drying them out much faster than CFLs ever could?
I raised my lights again and decided to water more often but maybe less volume. Probably not going to use the nutes every time because I'm sure that can lead to other problems. It is what it is. :)

I'm sure HPS will dry things out quicker than CFL, but it all comes down to temperature, RH, and air flow.

Major,
I'm sure you're right. Temperature I can mostly control for now....keeping it right around 80F with lights on. Once we get in the heat of summer it's going to be a lot more of a challenge. Humidity is generally low... about 30-40%. I have my humidifier in the "clone closet" to keep it higher but I can't get it as high as it probably should be. Someone here (I don't remember who posted it) said for the clones it should be above 90%. I don't even think that number is possible in that room? I have a double window fan aimed directly between the hood and the top of the plants. I did trim the lower part of my plants this morning... I trimmed pretty hard to allow better air flow. Didn't trim the two autos on the end because to be honest I'm a little afraid to touch them.. and they're already pretty sparse! :)
I got a positive outlook... I'm sure things will always work out the way they're supposed to. :)
Take care brother.
I'm sure HPS will dry things out quicker than CFL, but it all comes down to temperature, RH, and air flow.

It isn't your clones that look witled, right? It's your plants in veg/bloom?
You can keep the clone humidity up with a dome/cover.

Photo update... day 46 of Veg.

The first two are of the Haze clones I potted today..... they had roots that were INSANE! :)

DSCN23083.JPG

DSCN23074.JPG

These next two are the Herbie's freebie Sleestack Skunk. it's at 18 inches tall... Fingers crossed for a female.

DSCN23127.JPG

DSCN23118.JPG

Next two are of my Amnesia, she's 21 inches from soil to top:

DSCN23134.JPG

DSCN23146.JPG

Next two are Haze #1, She's at 18 inches tall:

DSCN23163.JPG

DSCN23183.JPG

Next two are Haze #2, She's 21 inches tall:

DSCN23196.JPG

DSCN23206.JPG

The next photos are of my AK-49 autos. One is 21 inches, the other is 26 inches tall.

DSCN23216.JPG

DSCN23226.JPG

DSCN23216.JPG

DSCN23226.JPG

DSCN23237.JPG

DSCN23246.JPG

The one plant that I got confused at sprouting time (either a Skunk or an Amnesia...looks like neither) is at 21 inches tall. I didn't get a picture of her.
I did a hard trim on the lower part of all the girls to allow better air flow. I don't think I cut off anything I was gonna be smokin' anyway! :) I also re-directed the fan to blow better between the light hood and the plant tops... this should help to keep things a bit cooler. The two clones that I potted this morning were put in the closet on the same shelf with the bubble cloner and the remaining 7 cuttings.
That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for looking! :)

Does anyone else have a problem scrolling through photos? Mine freezes up an awful lot when I scroll pictures? Hey.. I got post number 420!!
:party: :party: :party: :party: :)

Back
Top Bottom