Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Happy TokerDaze Beateo:).....just got caught up again:)lol.....your diy cloner is the bomb bro:)....look at you go:)......got one thing to point out and maybe it is my eye sight but 8 of your 9 clones in the bubbler look like they are just the leaf stem......is there a main stem/branch that i am not seeing......the one front right in the pic is how the others should look:).....like i said might be my eyes...:)

Green Dreamz... it's not your eyes bro.... cutting the fan leaf like that is how the tutorial I watched showed it being done?? Won't they root like this?
:Namaste:

Alright buddy:).....although it may be possible to root a fan leaf you would be really slowing the process down.....it would have to generate a stem off the stem of the fan leaf that is not meant to hold weight of a bud......it would take time for that stem to grow......if you start out with a main stem in the beginning you have everything there that you need minus roots.......i would suggest taking new clones like the one alone and replace the fan leaves.....maybe leave one running just for shits and giggles but i think you will not get the results you want:)

Green Dreamz,
I'm thinking I'd better maybe wait awhile? I checked out some other cloning stuff with the search and they all do it the way you say! The possible problem with that is if I take 9 clone clippings that way, I don't see how I'll have much plant left?
I've got 7 plants total. The two freebie skunk are eliminated because I don't know yet if they're male or female, the two AK-49s are eliminated because they're autos. That leaves me two Haze and one Amnesia. Maybe 3 off of each? I'll figure it out later.... I'm taking a break from painting the stairwell and hallway at the moment :)
I still don't know how long the roots need to be before transplanting them or if the water needs changed or not?? Thanks for the info man.... you just saved me a bunch of wasted time! :) :thanks:
Well... back to work :(
Alright buddy:).....although it may be possible to root a fan leaf you would be really slowing the process down.....it would have to generate a stem off the stem of the fan leaf that is not meant to hold weight of a bud......it would take time for that stem to grow......if you start out with a main stem in the beginning you have everything there that you need minus roots.......i would suggest taking new clones like the one alone and replace the fan leaves.....maybe leave one running just for shits and giggles but i think you will not get the results you want:)

It is possible to root a fan leaf but cannabis plants will not grow new growing branches from fan leaves.

KingJohn,
Does this mean that they'll root and continue to just become a bigger and bigger fan leaf? I get the feeling you're telling me about the same as Green Dreamz and it's pointless to continue with this batch (except for the ONE clipping)? :Namaste:
It is possible to root a fan leaf but cannabis plants will not grow new growing branches from fan leaves.

Yes you are correct, you can not regrow a cannabis plant from a rooted fan leaf. You must have a shoot or branch with terminal growth tips to successfully root a cannabis cutting as a clone and successfully clone your plant. Kill the fan leaf cuttings!

Green Dreamz,
I'm thinking I'd better maybe wait awhile? I checked out some other cloning stuff with the search and they all do it the way you say! The possible problem with that is if I take 9 clone clippings that way, I don't see how I'll have much plant left?
I've got 7 plants total. The two freebie skunk are eliminated because I don't know yet if they're male or female, the two AK-49s are eliminated because they're autos. That leaves me two Haze and one Amnesia. Maybe 3 off of each? I'll figure it out later.... I'm taking a break from painting the stairwell and hallway at the moment :)
I still don't know how long the roots need to be before transplanting them or if the water needs changed or not?? Thanks for the info man.... you just saved me a bunch of wasted time! :) :thanks:
Well... back to work :(

The two freebie skunk male or female should not be eliminated if you would like to root cuttings as clones for future plants to take cuttings from for perpetual harvests. Taking cuttings from you unknown sex plants also allows you to flower a small plant to determine sex while a larger plant continues in vegetative growth.

KJC, Green Dreamz,
Here's a picture of my new clone cuttings. I did as you said KJC and threw out the fan leaf cuttings. These are 4 Amnesia and 5 Haze. I may try the skunk too to see the sex like you recommended. How do these ones look? If I screwed up this time I'm going to have to wait for a while until my girls grow some. :)
DSCN22703.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Oh... I still need to know how long the roots have to be to transplant to soil and also if the water in the cloner needs to be changed at all?? For some reason I can't find these out?
Thanks!

Oh... I still need to know how long the roots have to be to transplant to soil and also if the water in the cloner needs to be changed at all?? For some reason I can't find these out?
Thanks!

Hey Beateo.....those clones look much better bro:)......as far as roots and length go i cant tell you if there is an actual exact length......i do not have any particular length or time frame that i let them go.....depends on the available room:)......i have transplanted them with roots less then an inch long, but they had several popping out....and they survived fine......i have had clones with roots 10 inches long before transplanting:)lol.......i will say the longer the roots the less they have to travel to the bottom of whatever type of pot you are using:).....but i dont know if the time difference between going ahead while they are short adn waiting for them to hit the bottom is faster tthan waiing for longer roots to transplant:)......as far as changing the water......yes.....i would change your solution each week.....fill with fresh PH'd solution.......i just had to change mine today....as i have one clone in there that has a pretty bigt root system already:)....i need to transplant, but dont have the room yet:)lol.....i hope htis helps out my friend:)....i am off for the night.....catch you tomorrow bro:)

Green Dreamz, Dusty,
Thanks guys! I will change my water at least once each week..... (funny I wasn't able to find that information with the search??)
Anyway, I think I'm on the right track to successful cloning this time. :)
...as far as changing the water......yes.....i would change your solution each week.....fill with fresh PH'd solution......
Love the cloner buddy. I change water even in my bubblier every seven days. Fresh water =health IMO.
Happy growing buddy.

Those new clones look money. I bet you have good success w/them.

Back
Top Bottom