2nd Indoor Grow: Auto Cab Grow - CFL

I am anxious to see the result of the auto-flowering part rudaralis strains. I was very tempted to purchase some similar seeds for a fast grow, but I am skeptical and this will hopefully disprove my thoughts. I like to do a lot of LST and topping on my ladies to maximize yield but it just seems like it would only slow these ladies down. Did you mess with em at all or just let em grow as they are?

I am anxious to see the result of the auto-flowering part rudaralis strains. I was very tempted to purchase some similar seeds for a fast grow, but I am skeptical and this will hopefully disprove my thoughts. I like to do a lot of LST and topping on my ladies to maximize yield but it just seems like it would only slow these ladies down. Did you mess with em at all or just let em grow as they are?

Hey herbsnbuds, thanks for posting. Due to the very short life span of the autos, topping, lst, or any type of stress will only decrease yield b/c you have no control over flowering and the stress will slow growth. IMO, this is the biggest downfall to autos, but you can get a decent yield (1-2 oz) if you give them optimum conditions (light, nutes, etc) and just them do their thing.

If you didn't read my earlier posts in this thread, I had some serious issues w/ FFOF and it stunted my plants for 2 weeks straight, which will certainly put a dent in my yield. Autos are incredibly sensitive, so going with an inert medium or something w/out nutes is recommended. You want to be able to monitor exactly how nutes are going in.

As far as quality, they have improved so much in the past few years, some autos will fair better than standard indica/sativa strains at over 20% THC. Quality is not sacrificed if grown properly. With that said, you are taking a chance due to the very recessive nature of the autoflowering phenotype. It takes up to four generations to breed only 50% autoflowers with a given cross, so you are likely to get some plants that don't autoflower. My younger plant (21 days old now) has not yet started to flower, so she may not carry the trait. The older plant started flowering as soon as I got her out of the FFOF (about 20 days), but is only about 5" tall, so the yield will be terrible. Cloning is also not an option, due to the short life span. All in all, I prefer normal strains, and will only grow autos again b/c I still have 5 seeds.

With all that said, a 70 day harvest from seed is awesome, given you have the right conditions to increase yield.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy the show...more pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I may try em in the future but for now, I just purchased some Crystal seeds from a trusted source. Maybe the next purchase will be some auto-berry or lowryder.

Well, some more sad news on my already pathetic grow. The younger, healthier plant that had a good chance at yielding something worthwhile turned out to be male. It may have been hermie, but i wasn't going to wait around for pistils when there were already pollen balls forming. I pulled him yesterday, and I'm now left with one, 6" tall unknown autoflowering plant.

On the plus side, she is coming along nicely and got her first strong dose of tiger bloom today.

Here are some pics after a little pruning:

only_plant_day_35_3_.jpg
only_plant_day_35_2_.jpg
only_plant_day_35.jpg

One of the lower branches has managed to get as tall as the main cola, so lets hope they both fill out.

just checking, in nice grow man! subbed

Hey prep, if you don't mind me calling you that. Thanks for checking in, its always good to know someone is watching. Great name BTW, the admins will love that one! :welldone:

Just to peak your curiosity, I just sowed a special kush #1 from royal queen seeds (freebie from lowlife), b/c I had to pull my second plant. Its a fem, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Apparently it can get up to 3 meters tall, so I'll be doing plenty of topping, and maybe some LST on that one, since its not an auto, and it will be vegging under HPS. I'm probably going 12/12 when its topped, b/c I have a limited amount of time before I move, which means the little auto that's flowering will finish under 12/12. Anyway, that's a quick update and I'll have pics up as soon as this new seed pops the soil.

It would be so nice. Soon I will, though. Thanks for the condolences BTW. I did get a few hits of qwiso out of him, but it wasn't mature, so it pretty much sucked.

Only 1 more month on the auto, and the special kush should pop up tomorrow (I always get a little impatient and brush the top soil off of the seed to see if the tap root has emerged...and it has!). I can't wait for some good smoke, even though it won't be much! :ganjamon:

If there are any admins watching, I need this journal to sent to the incomplete graveyard.

With much grief, I had to end this grow due to a potential federal investigation on myself. My friend thought it would be a great idea to send me some bud via USPS, and it never arrived, which means the package was confiscated and probably opened by now. It would've been such a small amount (less than 2g) that the postal inspectors shouldn't even bother investigating, but you never know, so I'm playing it safe. I have two roommates to consider, and they shouldn't have to suffer b/c of me.

So with much regret, I must end this journal. Sorry guys...until next time (which should be fairly soon).

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, sorry it ended so quickly!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Hope all is well in your world, let us know that you are okay?

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom