Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

OK.. I made a small bubble cloner. I used an aquarium pump rated for a 60 gal. tank, 3 air stones, a few T-connectors and hose. I cut nine holes in some tupperware and 9 pieces of styrofoam to fit those holes. I painted the top flat black to stop light but I think I'm just going to wrap the bottom part with foil or mylar or something? When the paint dries I'll get some pictures :)
:Namaste:

Here's my homemade cloner LOL it works 100% of the time.
2014-09-04_18_40_29.jpg
2014-09-04_18_40_44.jpg

With these bubble cloners, do the plants actually go down into the water, or are they above the waterline and just splashed by the bubbling?

Bubble cloner: stems go an inch or so into the water. Mine is a 20 liter bucket, airstone dropped in, cheapest pump I could find with 2 airstreams. Hooked both up to a round, flat airstone, and it will have to do :p There is an oven grate over the bucket, and the clones hang on their fanleafs, or I stick em in foam that I cut out of soundisolation foam.

No wilting whatsoever.

With cuttings straight to soil, you want to cut off 2/3 of each fanleaf .. and might need some sort of humidity dome ... plastic sandwich bags work fine. You can also clone in a glass of water .. put an inch of water in the glass, and set the stem in that water .. wait. Change water daily in this case.

OOPS! PlanetJ.... I cut the leaves on the ones for this cloner. I'm guessing that was a mistake?
Here are a few pictures of the DIY cloner I made today

DSCN22554.JPG

DSCN22542.JPG

DSCN22574.JPG

Looks great!
I'm going to want to clone before long so I'm interested in seeing the results. Way to go bro.

Dchannn,
I took a total of 15 clippings for clones. 6 are in soil and all but 2 of them look dead? 9 in the new air stone cloner.... I'm hoping to get either a Haze and an Amnesia or 2 Haze plants rooted to use for mothers. I'll give whatever remains away if I can.
Hope all is well for you brother.
Nice DIY Beateo.

How many of those will you keep, assuming they all root?

All the best.

Major,
Thanks. I'm interested too! I had a really lame attempt at cloning during my first grow. I think I did everything wrong :) Still a rookie at cloning but I did a little more research on it this time.... time will tell brother.
Looks great!
I'm going to want to clone before long so I'm interested in seeing the results. Way to go bro.

Hey m8 :)

Cutting the leafs never hurts. But I found it is not really needed if you have them in water or in an aerocloner. It helps spotting new growth :p

It is hard to do things wrong .. as long as you take a little care to place to them in water immediately after cutting them from the mother plant, to prevent an air embolism, nothing much more can go wrong.

Cloning update.... and a question:
The clones I put in the DIY bubbler ALL look exactly like they did the moment I cut them! No droop, no color change. The 6 I did in soil aren't fairing so well.... 4 look dried up and dead. 2 might make it. Also, I didn't use any of that rooting powder I got on the ones going in the water... didn't seem to make any sense to put it on then stick the stem in water?
My question.... how long should the roots of the ones in the bubble cloner be before they are put into a soil mix?

Lazy people, that know they are, have a weird way of operating. We hate doing shit .. but we also hate the issues arising from NOT doing shit. So in the nick of time, we get everything done, just to maximise our resting time :p

Ranger,
I am. All of my life I've known it. Whenever I was in charge of other people, be it military or business, I always gave a task to the laziest sob I had.... we lazy people seem to always find a way to get the job done the easiest way possible. lol
Wow! Just a couple days ago you said you were lazy, and now it's Baron vonFrankenKloner. Congrats, you're really pulling out all the stops.

PJ,
Exactly! :)
Lazy people, that know they are, have a weird way of operating. We hate doing shit .. but we also hate the issues arising from NOT doing shit. So in the nick of time, we get everything done, just to maximise our resting time :p

Sam,
My plastic dome is a lid from a birthday cake. lol
I am spraying them a few times a day.... .maybe they're still not moist enough? 8 of the 9 in the bubbles still look fantastic! The other one has gotten a bit yellow and droopy but still isn't too bad looking. 2 in the soil are still hanging in there. :)
Did you have a plastic dome/tent over the soil clones? I found this is a must. And I spray them with a mister. And if they're dropping too much, will water the soil (even if it is still moist).

Back
Top Bottom