Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Welshy,
Thank you sir! I'd love to see your yard my across the pond brother. :) I'd like to see any yard right now that isn't 3 feet deep in snow!
If I decide to do any autos in the future I'm sure going to do things different..... and it will be right from the start.
Have a great one and a green one bro!
:Namaste:
I have 3 autos not he go at the moment and 2 off them I have topped and lsd.....your more than welcome to my yard to have a look at them and see what you think...one thing I have noticed with topping is that they stay pretty short and I've kept the bud sights level and they are growing at the same rate as each other...with the LSD I have not seen any slow growth so far ...hope this helps a little...

Welshy,
Thank you sir! I'd love to see your yard my across the pond brother. :) I'd like to see any yard right now that isn't 3 feet deep in snow!
If I decide to do any autos in the future I'm sure going to do things different..... and it will be right from the start.
Have a great one and a green one bro!

no probs mate but what i ment by yard was my journal...sorry for the confusion lol..plus we aint got snow here just sun and wind today...

What's going on Brother Beateo:)?........yeah i wouldnt top either at that height.....i dont know how it would affect an auto at that height......i have also been taught that you can defol to slow or stop stretch.........hell on my last autos....i grew 3 short ryders......all 3 were different phenos......one shot up to about 16", one was about 8-9, and the last was like 5:)lol....the two shorter ones finished a little taller than that but the tall one......i didnt feel like raising the shorter ones to the light at that time so i said screw it and supercropped it about 5-6" down from the central cola.....layed it over flat.....the next day the tip was turning to the light.....did slow down the vertical growth:)lol....Have a great day my friend:)

Welshy,
No confusion brother... if you don't have snow... then the yard attached to your house is the one I was talkin' about!! :)
(I'm subbing your "yard" mate) lol
no probs mate but what i ment by yard was my journal...sorry for the confusion lol..plus we aint got snow here just sun and wind today...

Welshy,
No confusion brother... if you don't have snow... then the yard attached to your house is the one I was talkin' about!! :)
(I'm subbing your "yard" mate) lol

lol it will be a pleasure to have you subbed to my yard(journal ) lol

Hey Stealth! Hope all is well with you my friend.
Light problems..... yes. I swear I can actually see the autos growing :) Altering the hoods has helped.. I get a couple more inches of adjustment like this... need to be careful though because while they have more adjustment... they have lost a little bit of gripping power by elongating them. I have to go to the grow shop with what's left of my tax refund :) :) :) I'm hoping to come back with a 4 or 600W HPS and NOT have my wife hit me with a brick for spending so much! lol
How's it hanging Beateo? Any other light problems for now?

I'm going to post a picture when I get home... the one AK auto that got a little toasty is growing like crazy and the top is getting what looks like pistils!

She just loves abuse :p Spank her some more I'd say ;)

Cant you suspend these lights from rope ? Then you could adjust the rope before having to raise the frame again ?

Well the wife didn't hit me with a brick :) She wasn't thrilled about me spending $250 on a "damn light" but it's all good!
I got a Quantum Commercial Digital Dimmable Ballast, 400W, a Sunsystem hood and a MH bulb for 250. The book says it covers approx. 4' X 4' area... I can grow MORE!! Yay!! :) Right now I have it about 18" above my plants...(book says between 12 and 36" is where it should be)???? all new to me.

Some pictures:
DSCN21969.JPG

DSCN21973.JPG

And here is my biggest AK-49.... she's starting to look kinda fuzzy?? :)

DSCN21993.JPG

The remains of a mediocre idea:
DSCN21985.JPG

The best part is I now have 2 lighting systems and a closet I can use for growing a few moms! I will try to learn to clone real soon.
Thanks for looking.

Happy Daze brother, and thanks.... I'm not the type to always trust completely in books or "user's manuals"... I'm hoping the 18 inches is a good distance? I have to say... what a difference! I was sitting in the grow room "admiring" my work and noticed that I was facing the open end of the hood and my retinas were about burned out :) I got my light meter out and checked the CFLs... had to be practically on them to get the needle to deflect, then at the top of my girls (about 18") the needle PEGGED! WOW! I have the SUN in my grow room. lol
I already started on the alterations to the closet. I'm really pumped! Just hope I don't screw this up. :)
Time for a bowl :smokin:
Later bro. :Namaste:
Happy Daze Beateo....and congratz on the new light bro.......you are gonna kick ass with it.....what a jump from cfl:)....i cant wait to see how you rock the rest of this grow my friend:)

Excellent upgrade, man! Youn and your girls will love it. 18" should be a good distance.

Ranger, Thanks brother..... I am excited. Let there be light! :) I'll try to get some better pictures posted tomorrow when I water.
Fiat lux! Congrats on the slice of sun. You must be so excited.

Major, Thanks bro. 18" was just mid-range according to the manual..... I am more confident hearing it's good from an actual person. lol
BTW.... is "Youns" common speak where you are? If it is.... I would guess we're fairly close because to my knowledge, that's a strictly "local" way to say y'all, yous guys, etc. :)
Excellent upgrade, man! Youn and your girls will love it. 18" should be a good distance.

PlanetJ, I will look my friend.... once I get a few minutes :) I'm taking a break right now from building a closet shelf for two 3 gal. pots that can be raised in 1 inch increments. My lights (CFLs) are going to be stationary for this closet set-up.
Consider Living Organic Soil next .. look at SweetSue's grow why ;)

Back
Top Bottom