ChefDG's Very First Plant - Soil - LED - MG

I watered her a couple days ago, 1750ml( i know, way too much), after a couple hours, i maybe got 1-5% run off and she was really droopy and sad, i imagine cause she was sitting in bowl of mud that wont drain.. So i added 40% perlit and now she should drain great. It was dumb to do that 1 after fimming, 2 after bending, and 3 a week after her original transplant into this pot.. Oh well, this is my test run plant. She's gonna take a couple days to recover probably, but now her drainage is 100x better.. I dunno what kind of soil, just generic potting soil.. Cheap stuff. When i wetted down the soil in the pot pre-transplant, it was like cement lol.

Edit: she would probably be fine without the added perlite, but the wet phase causes her stress... Which would be a big problem in flower.

Understandable mistake. Yes, I add perlite to all my soil. I like to put about 3-4" of gravel in the botton too if I have it. More drainage and less of the dirt, which cost more money. You will be Ok. Always remember that these plants are "by nature" thrifty and do now need much water or nutrients. I learned the hard way by trying to "grow the plant" rather that "letting the plant grow". You'll get it. Your plant still looks good! I think you got it already.

P.S. THe more drainage you have, the more you can water. The more you can water, the more you can feed. The more you can feed, the fatter the nugz.

Thanks man, i mostly leave her alone... Besides checking every few hours for temp and venting when its in the 85 zone. And i check her soil in the morning and in the night for moisture. I was just saying this exact thing about watering to my father.. More dry wet phases means stronger roots regardless of nutrients :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes, you got it. If they aren't hungry, don't feed them. That was the hardest thing for me to learn.

I know it is hard to accept, but these "weeds" (I'll catch some flack for this) love to grow. don't let people fool you. Less is better.

Just Sayin' ~GG

day 33
continuation of LST: bringing down her top most new growths
image25850.jpg

She has 11 top shoots now, that are all getting bigger cause of the HST/LST

Lookin Good Chef! :peace::blunt:

Thanks bud :cheesygrinsmiley: im very happy with it so far.. So i spoke with the guy i get all my bags from.. I told him the nugs the seed came from were most likely Alien OG or trainwreck, and he told me other people reported a seed or two in their trainwreck. So for now thats what we'll call her. I was already thinking that because of the smell she's already taken on, very skunky and fuely. He also told me that in the three crops hes grown himself from bag seed hes taken out, not one male. Im thinking shes a fem trainwreck.... On another note, little nuggage from my pops arriving tomorrow.. Will post picks of, what is no doubt to be, some incredible flower.

:blunt: :passitleft:

dude that is one hell of a lst to you got going on there that is kind of like a flux right? I want to try something like that :allgood:

Yeah i guess it is in a way. I didnt top early like flux technique usually does.. I just was trying to figure out a way to pull down all of those new shoots and this is how it turned out. Shes been bent over for probably a week in that photo

exciting update
i took a cutting today and have set it in water to hopefully root in the next week, i'll give it 48hrs of darkness then put it in 18/6.. Really hope i see roots so i can use my next photo....
image25884.jpg

50PPM Colloidal Silver - Homemade with Colloidal Silver Generator
image25885.jpg

I want to root this clone by the time i send her into flower, so i can flower this clone and spray it for fem pollen. Make some S1 fem Trainwreck seed :cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL, If Portland is in southeast, I must live in the northwest. Wow, who knew? :hmmmm:

Looking good on the LST Chef! Will give you great light coverage over many bud-sites.

:thumb:
Thats what im hoping for :cheesygrinsmiley:. Im going to be upgrading to a mars II 700w panel in the couple weeks before she goes into flower.. Hopeful i can get a decent harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah i was messing with you and subbing to your journal with the post. I lived in Southeast Portland (Lentz Park area) for 20 yrs.

Looking great!
Yeah im moving to k falls .. Basically a week after i chop this gal

Low profile, lots of bud sites! Looks healthy!

Work boot and Roman sandals? :rofl:

I love the creative peeps.
Those are winter boots and evolv climbing shoes :blushsmile: ohhh yeah bud sites everywhere! Cant wait to see how she progresses in the next three weeks leading up to photoperiod switch!

Back
Top Bottom