Sillymoose1's - LED - Indoor - Soil - Adventure

Just a little update :tokin: lots of me growth at the nodes and the one top is growing 5 or 6 stems out of it! The one I thought was a normal top is starting to get a 3rd new growth out of the topping!

Oh yeah my new pH/moisture meter. Simple and cheap and will probably break but I just wanted somethin cheap to see if pH was close, which it is!:thumb:

Hey brother, I had a meter like that, it worked well for me for 2 grows, and after that it ended up going south on me, and caused 1 plant to die, and 1 almost died. So as soon as you're able to swing it financially, look into upgrading in the future.

Plants are looking good with a nice spread, great job on the LST so far! I'm curious about those lower leaves, have you had a deficiency or nute burn recently?

The lower leaves are pretty much dead, I had small brown spots pop up but all the new growth looks good. The spots popped up a week ago or so. So far there are no more signs of the same thing happening on the new stuff so I think its past. ( look at the previous post, I mentioned the spot earlier but no one gave any opinions, which are still welcome if you have any. That way I can possibly avoid the same problem in the future)
Yeah I read in your grow you had one of these meters. I just wanted to get an idea of where I was at, I know I can't trust this meter(I can feel that its cheap)

Took some soil and water samples to my local hydro shop today and had them tested. Drum roll please
:tommy:
Tap water PH is 6.8 with 0 chlorine and 0 alkalinity hardness=soft
Soil run off PH is 6.2 with 200 ppm nitrates. Said my KH was almost 0 which he explained was a measurement of calcium. He then said if there wasn't sufficient calcium the plant couldn't absorb magnesium. Can anyone confirm this and give me your opinions on my pH levels.

Since I believe my previous problem was a lack of magnesium, hopefully the new nutes I have will help since it contains magnesium and calcium. And hopefully I won't need an additional CalMag supplements.

Ps. Also just looked back and noticed my cheap prong pH meter was/is pretty accurate for now!!!

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3117.jpg

Here is a chart of deficiencies. I would definitely add some cal/mag.

I can tell ya that with LEDs you can pretty much plan on having to add cal/mag.... I don't really know the science behind it but I know it to be so.... I have only grow 2 girls out of no less than 15 strains that didn't shows signs of deficiency without the supplement... I think the spots on the bottom leaves look like it could be a multitude of things... my guess would be light and nute burn but honestly it is just a guess.....:circle-of-love:

received_10100318191623925.jpeg
received_10100318191648875.jpeg
received_10100318191449275.jpeg
received_10100318191409355.jpeg
received_10100318191588995.jpeg

Only plants under leds are showing these signs. Plants under MH arent. Both are fed the same strength nutes. 1 leaf is one of the upper leaves that doesnt show problem. The new growth doesnt gave the problem. Thanks

time for more light and maybe a bit less water
get used to some older lower leaves freaking out on you
your plant is in constant flux
you must learn to shadow box with it
different strains and environments
phenotypes
ph changes (remember a half point is quite a large change,causing up take of certain nutes to change slightly)
you have a good start keep it up

reading and researching are great but experience is the great teacher

Yeah I've read thousands of pages and too many articles and journals to count, but nothing like having the problem at your fingertips. Exact reason I ran bag seeds to work out the details

Update: got the exhaust to the ac complete!!!:woohoo: ordered some 6 mil panda film for the walkthrough door so I can light proof it. And trimmed a few of the dead/dying foliage in the way of the new growth.
Thanks again pic soon

You got your grow on you sillymoose. Like everyone is saying, add some cal-mag especially when using LED. I use GH CALiMAGic. Good stuff. Here's what they say about it.

Calcium Magnesium Supplement
CALiMAGic™ is a concentrated blend of readily available Calcium and Magnesium. It is formulated to assist fast growing plants by preventing secondary nutrient deficiencies. CALiMAGic helps optimize plant nutrition and enhances plant growth and development while preventing blossom end rot and tip burn in many crops such as tomatoes and lettuce as well as other Calcium intensive plants. Use CALiMAGic as a part of your regular feeding program, it is a clean, fully soluble product that will not clog spray lines or drip emitters and is safe to use in reservoirs combined with many other fertilizers.

Plenty of other brands out there. Yes, it is a little expensive. It lasts a while.

Good luck on your grow sillymoose1

WJ :ciao:

Took some soil and water samples to my local hydro shop today and had them tested. Drum roll please
:tommy:
Tap water PH is 6.8 with 0 chlorine and 0 alkalinity hardness=soft
Soil run off PH is 6.2 with 200 ppm nitrates. Said my KH was almost 0 which he explained was a measurement of calcium. He then said if there wasn't sufficient calcium the plant couldn't absorb magnesium. Can anyone confirm this and give me your opinions on my pH levels.

Since I believe my previous problem was a lack of magnesium, hopefully the new nutes I have will help since it contains magnesium and calcium. And hopefully I won't need an additional CalMag supplements.

Ps. Also just looked back and noticed my cheap prong pH meter was/is pretty accurate for now!!!

I think you're giving them too much N. The MG organic is already amended with chicken manure. That should be plenty for your plants. That Alaska Fish is high in N. I've over fertilized plants with it before.

Yeah I'm not going to feed and actually did a small flush yesterday. The guy said the nitrates are at good levels that I didn't need to add any nitrogen now. Going to town tomorrow so I'm picking up some calmag. Thanks

Oh yeah that soil sample was of the bricko farms soil straight from the bag. No perlite added. So if you guys say that's a decent level of nitrogen I def don't need to feed them.

Back
Top Bottom