Alaskan Purple In DWC & Super Soil

Running out is what I'm doing.:thedoubletake: Certain factors have me unable to grow until later this year.:(
It appears if all goes well I'll have a good(?) 4 weeks of tolerance reset before I harvest another crop. :eek:
"Tolerance Reset" I don't like the sound of that! :oops:

That just sounds tragic....with a slightly sunny side on the other side. No thanks!

What's up growers!

Time to flush and feed the DWCs again. (Last feed was on 9/2

Used Water
#1 PH 4.8 PPM 391
#2 PH 4.8 PPM 240
#3 PH 4.9 PPM 477

New Water

CalMag 4ml
Macro 12
Grow 12
Bloom 12
Terpinator 12
Hydroguard 6

#1 PH 5.8 PPM 430
#2 PH 5.8 PPM 680
#3 PH 5.8 PPM 408

So why is the PPM solution for #2 so much higher than the other solutions? I have no idea. I'm pretty sure that I screwed up during the mix. I've got to stop tokin' while trying to do stuff. Anyway, my plant #2 needs more nutes because she's a beast, so I'm going to give her the heavy dose no matter what I put in it!

I must say that this grow has been full of surprises. From 4 Alaskan Purple seeds I have gotten 4 different results. One plant (Rusty Leaf for those who have been following) is way tall with light colored leaves and tall, but new, pistil production. The soil plant has actually turned purple, but its buds are smaller than the DWC plants and it has lots of deep yellowing leaves. My plant #2 that got the heavy solution (the one I thought was a Zombie) has turned to a deep orange and looks to be nearing completion. She's full of cloudy trichomes but her buds are still kind of fluffy. The last plant is just plugging along nicely, but still only producing white pistils.

I'm posting some pics, but I've found that the flash in a dark tent distorts the color of what's really going on.

The Bunch (That's Rusty Leaf back left, Soil back right, #2 front left and Plugging Away from right.)

P1020575.JPG

Rusty Leaf out of the tent (She looks kinda' scrawny. LOL)

P1020570.JPG

Plugging Along out of the tent:

P1020568.JPG

That's all I've got for now.

Later!

@InTheShed I know! I don't know why the PH keeps dropping. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the nutrients. Is there a shelf date on nutes?

Hello, growers!

It's day 69 for these Alaskan Purples and I am pumped!

My former Zombie, plant #2 is nearly done. I'm starting to see a sprinkling of amber trichomes amongst the ample milky ones. I think I'm going to take her down 3 days from now. The soil plant won't be far behind, but I haven't spotted any amber on her yet. The Plugging Along plant will be next (no amber on her yet either). That will leave Rusty Leaf all alone in the tent where she can continue her crazy ways in solitude.

Here's #2. I'll post some better pics Tuesday, when I get her out of the tent.

P1020578.JPG

P1020579.JPG

P1020581.JPG

P1020583.JPG

P1020582.JPG

Later!

Hello (again) growers.

I just posted yesterday, and I hope I'm not posting too much. But I'm just so pumped about this grow I can't help myself.

I came into this grow with a lot of new stuff. New nutrients, new light and, in one container, soil. So I had concerns from the outset and some of these damn plants did all that they could to increase those concerns. But it seems that its going to turn out well for at least 3 of the 4, and maybe even the fourth.

Anyway, I've been trying to do better with keeping the PH in range. And today I had to take two of the girls out of the tent for some PH adjustments. Since I had them out and since (surprise) I think they are lovely, I took some pics.

This is "Plugging Along" and she is doing just that.

P1020592.JPG

P1020594.JPG

This is the former Zombie. She will be taken down soon, though not as soon as I said in my last post. I'm going to let her go through next week.

Z1 10-6.JPG

Z2 10-6.JPG

Okay. No more posts from me until the next time. LOL

Later!

Attachments

• Z3 10-6.JPG
    Z3 10-6.JPG
    964.6 KB · Views: 61
Hello, growers. Yes, I am posting for the third day in a row. I would apologize, but like Reeses, I'm not sorry. :p

I haven't really provided any decent pics of my soil plant, mostly because it's been so ugly lately. A lot of its leaves turned a deep yellow and, even though it has some nice buds, it just hasn't been very photogenic. I grew this is Super Soil mixed with perlite and Fox Farms Happy Frog soil. Being new to soil, I didn't know what to do about the yellowing leaves. I used a CalMag foliar spray on it, but that's all I did.

Anyway, I took her out of the tent today and trimmed most of the ugly leaves, so now she's ready for her solo debut. These flash pics don't show it, but believe me, she is purple!

P1020597.JPG

P1020598.JPG

P1020600.JPG

Later (Not Sorry)!

Your plants look that good you get to post three days running! Beauties all...I even scrolled through the tent pics three times.
:welldone:

Thanks, InTheShed! I've calmed down now. No more daily posts. :thanks:

Those are some sexy ladies for sure!. It was cool to see how the soil did right next to the DWC. Looks like you are in for a bountiful harvest.
Thanks, Nkwow. I can't wait to do a smoke comparison.

Hello, growers.

It's day 73 and I took down the former zombie today. I should say I took down most of her. I tried something different this time. I took off the nice ripe buds but those low growing flowers that never made it to the light were left on the plant and the plant was placed back in the tent. Can't wait to see what happens with those remaining flowers with more light exposure.

Anyway, I took off 15.3 wet ounces.

P1020618.JPG

P1020619.JPG

P1020620.JPG

They've been put up to dry and I'm licking my chops!

Later!

Day 76 and I took down another plant, my Plugging Away. I didn't expect to have to do this so soon, but I had no choice. I've been watching her trichomes closely for the last week or so. Over the last two nights the trichs have gone to almost 50% amber. I might be overstating that just a bit, but amber is everywhere! A few days ago it was just barely there.

I pulled down 292 grams of very sticky, fat buds. (As with the first plant, I left the popcorn stuff on and left it in the tent.)

So that leaves Rusty Leaf and the soil plant left in the tent along with two stubs. I'm excited about the soil plant and Rusty Leaf because they are both purple while neither of the first two were.

Pics of second takedown:

P1020645.JPG

P1020643.JPG

P1020642.JPG

Here's what left in the tent. By the way, has anyone ever tried this thing I'm trying with putting the low-hanging fruit back in the tent? I don't think those popcorn buds are going to get any bigger but I think they may firm up a bit and become smoke-worthy. Some already show signs that that's what they're trying to do.

P1020646.JPG

Later!

Attachments

• P1020641.JPG
    P1020641.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 70
  • P1020644.JPG
    P1020644.JPG
    505.6 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom