Dank's Adventures In Dankland

I’d do a Sulphur burn to make sure you get them all.
I'm not sure about a sulfur burn in my basement. If they come back I'll setup my shed properly for growing. Worst case it could work. But I love the environmental control of growing in the house.

Thanks brother I do appreciate the advice. I saw Bob brown talking about doing that

Man that sucks I would hate to kill all my plants I hope you get them all now there is something else for me to worry about how do you get them
I messed up and took in a clone. I quarantined it and scoped it with a jewlers loupe. Looked clean. Here's the thing, I couldn't see them with a loupe. It took a USB microscope to see them.

I brought it on myself bringing in a clone. My own fault.

I'm not too bummed. I have enough to hold me over. It's all good

I messed up and took in a clone. I quarantined it and scoped it with a jewlers loupe. Looked clean. Here's the thing, I couldn't see them with a loupe. It took a USB microscope to see them.

Man that sucksyou know I didn't think of that I'm not taking clones from anyone

I can't like that pic................... sucks........ but that's them varmints for sure...........

Spray the $hit out of the clone with a good organic bug killer when you first get it (pot and all), whether you see anything on it or not. After a day or two of quarantine, it seems like it would be okay to put in with the rest of the plants.

Hey @ilikemsticky when you had them did you wipe out your garden and start over?
yes but they were 4-5 foot plants in flower you really shouldnt go by me i gave up didnt want to go through all that if your plants are small in veg its easier to get rid of them woody has had lots of experience with them you need to talk with him hell put you on the right track good luck bud now im going to go back and catch up! :)

I'm thinking about waiting a month or so to crack seeds for the next grow. Any thoughts on how long it takes to starve out the ones I might miss while cleaning?
im thinking about that to it was last year i had four plants totally infested with them in my backyard so im gun shy im doing the sns 209 its rosemary in it supposed to make the plant taste like shit i think its working i dont have any plant eating critters living on them will see when the borers and worms come around next month.

a good cleaning of the flower room... and all new plants should be 'from seed'. And treat all the young plants while in veg with some sprayings of green cleaner, and safers soap mixed in every third spraying..

New soil, even wash all your pots.... It's much easier to start over than try to save some.. Unless you have a strain you just can't do without.......... They can be beaten. Just takes a religious spraying regiment.... And when you think you got them beat,, spray twice, even three times more.....

The saying goes ''''real friends don't let friends bring home clones..............'''

They seem to attack plants that have been being cloned repeatedly over and over for years,, like my Puppies... Or weak plants......... You can try me in the morning I'm up at 4 am my time west coast time.. But if we don't talk I'll call ya when I get up about noon or so....

GL and Keepem Green

Thanks. I'll do some research on that process. I'd hate to have my house reek of sulfur :laughtwo: Maybe van will pop in with some info
I do my sulfur burns in my basement. Aside from that, they are amazing. I used to spend hours a week spraying as part of my IPM, and the plants weren't always happy with those sprays. Since switching to the sulfur burns (I do multiple burns per week....each tent gets their own) my plants have NEVER been happier. No more angry plants.....always happy and healthy after the burns. I will continue using them as part of my normal routine.

The concept is to do the burn at lights out. You will need to remove your lights from your tent as the sulfuric acid in conjunction with the high humidity needed will corrode your lights electronics. It takes me far less time to remove my lights than it did to spray my plants. Get a humidifier and crank it up when you do the burns. You want the RH to wet the leaves of your plants as much as possible so the higher RH the better. The sulfur burner will heat up to roughly 190 degrees, the point where the sulfur will melt and turn to a gas state. The sulfur gas will coat the leaves which changes the pH of the surface of the leaves. Pests and Powdery Mildew are unable to live with the surface pH as acidic as it is after the burns. All my plants love the burns and come out happy and healthy with bright green new growth.

I have gotten so confident in the burns, that I have taken infested plants and put them into my tent with plants that did burns......the pests will not go onto the plants that had the burns done. Generally 3 burns will take care of most of your issues but why stop when it will prevent anything from grabbing a foot hold in my garden. I have used the burns to deal with Hemp Russet Mites, Spider Mites, and Powdery Mildew with far more success than any product sold to treat those things.....and all those products are stressful to your plants. I can't stress it enough....the plants LOVE LOVE LOVE the burns.

Remove lights, shut off exhaust from your tents, turn on the humidifier and do the burn.....I do them for 3-4 hours when I do them.....and I do them once a week per plant/Tent. You can do them more often if you want, as it won't hurt the plant....but I find once a week is perfect for me. I invested in a timer specifically for the burner so that I don't tinker with my light timer to do the burns (I always end up messing it up when I tinker with the timer) and it works best for me. I just unplug the light and timer, remove it from the tent and plug in the timer with the burner and humidifier on it. Do your burns at lights off obviously since you are removing the lights from the tents.

I HATE the term 'game changer'. Seems like everyone wants to throw that term around for everything but the sulfur burner is just that for me....a GAME CHANGER. I was spending 8+ hours a week spraying my plants which hated it and they hated the pests. I am no longer treating anything.....I am staying ahead of the game and preventing issues before they happen instead of chasing my tail. Growing is enjoyable again.....which it wasn't when you are dealing with the obstacles of growing. I got @bobrown14 to take the plunge with the burners and he shares the exact same sentiment that I do. If anyone is interested the burners, I can recommend a couple sources. Get one that is electric so you can plug it into the timer and not have to manually do it. Prices run 70-110 bucks for the electric burners.

Happy plants....check
Pest free.....check
PM free......check
Hours saved spraying.....check
No more buying stressful products to try and save my plants...........check.

Minor sulfur smell in my basement.......thats a no brainer. My farts are worse than the sulfur burn in all honesty. My recommendation to anyone on the fence is to not worry about the smell, it ain't that bad....and the positives FAR outweigh any negatives. Even Ms Stank doesn't really mind the smell too much. She prefers seeing me happy with healthy plants and lots of extra time....which is the direct byproduct of the burns.

3-4 sulfur burns will have you mite free. I had the same thing.......I used to check all my plants for spider mites and other pests and didn't see anything. Low and behold a clone from someone had hemp russet mites. They are much smaller than everything else so I didn't even know what to look for. I was horrified when I found then on my plants and I was even more horrified that I had given them to @bobrown14 . Everywhere I read, all I heard was ditch everything, burn everything, start over......its impossible to get rid of them. I even burned a few plants that were just covered in them because I was paranoid (now I would just do the burns and have 100% confidence that I will be free from pests in a month)

Then I found some resources from outdoor greenhouse growers regarding sulfur burns and hemp russet mites. They had tried everything I was trying with no luck. Then they did the burns. Suddenly I had hope. They were also using SNS 209 who happens to be a sponsor here. I was lucky to have received a big ass jug of it from the POTY win so I started watering that in on top of the sulfur burns. Its basically rosemary oil which when watered into the soil, becomes part of your plants systemic defense. The rosemary oil causes internal issues on any pests that eat your shit and inhibits their reproductive capacity. So the dual approach seemed to work for all the commercial cannabis greenhouse growers....why not give it a try. I am SO SO SO SO SO glad I did.

I wish I had a greenhouse where I could do burns on my outdoor girls. If I get a greenhouse, I can promise you I will invest in one or two more burners and I will make it a part of my outdoor routine as well. I won't stop doing burns.....even when I know I am pest free. Its like a bullet proof vest for growing.....I know as long as I keep doing them, I won't have to worry about spider mites, hemp russet mites, leaf hoppers, or PM.

I currently do my burns through mid to late flower (stop around day 50 of flower) and haven't had it impact the product in the slightest. I haven't had anyone comment on any scent or taste stemming from the burns.

Thanks for stopping by Van. I have a shed I've used for my garden. Maybe I'll get a burner and do a test run out there.

Dankwoman puts up with my shit even though she doesn't smoke. I don't want to upset her with too much. She's ok with smell of erb but I'm not sure about sulfur.

One way or another I'll be up and running again by end of summer. I'm thinking about just setting up my shed with a proper heater and a mini split. I have access to all the power needed. Would kinda be nice to separate it from my house. Might force my hand.

Thanks again everyone for the input. It's truly a great community

3-4 sulfur burns will have you mite free. I had the same thing.......I used to check all my plants for spider mites and other pests and didn't see anything. Low and behold a clone from someone had hemp russet mites. They are much smaller than everything else so I didn't even know what to look for. I was horrified when I found then on my plants and I was even more horrified that I had given them to @bobrown14 . Everywhere I read, all I heard was ditch everything, burn everything, start over......its impossible to get rid of them. I even burned a few plants that were just covered in them because I was paranoid (now I would just do the burns and have 100% confidence that I will be free from pests in a month)

Then I found some resources from outdoor greenhouse growers regarding sulfur burns and hemp russet mites. They had tried everything I was trying with no luck. Then they did the burns. Suddenly I had hope. They were also using SNS 209 who happens to be a sponsor here. I was lucky to have received a big ass jug of it from the POTY win so I started watering that in on top of the sulfur burns. Its basically rosemary oil which when watered into the soil, becomes part of your plants systemic defense. The rosemary oil causes internal issues on any pests that eat your shit and inhibits their reproductive capacity. So the dual approach seemed to work for all the commercial cannabis greenhouse growers....why not give it a try. I am SO SO SO SO SO glad I did.

I wish I had a greenhouse where I could do burns on my outdoor girls. If I get a greenhouse, I can promise you I will invest in one or two more burners and I will make it a part of my outdoor routine as well. I won't stop doing burns.....even when I know I am pest free. Its like a bullet proof vest for growing.....I know as long as I keep doing them, I won't have to worry about spider mites, hemp russet mites, leaf hoppers, or PM.

I currently do my burns through mid to late flower (stop around day 50 of flower) and haven't had it impact the product in the slightest. I haven't had anyone comment on any scent or taste stemming from the burns.
So can you only burn in veg you wouldn't want that in your flower tent do you

Thanks for stopping by Van. I have a shed I've used for my garden. Maybe I'll get a burner and do a test run out there.

Dankwoman puts up with my shit even though she doesn't smoke. I don't want to upset her with too much. She's ok with smell of erb but I'm not sure about sulfur.

One way or another I'll be up and running again by end of summer. I'm thinking about just setting up my shed with a proper heater and a mini split. I have access to all the power needed. Would kinda be nice to separate it from my house. Might force my hand.

Thanks again everyone for the input. It's truly a great community
Ya you can convert that she'd for pretty cheap it would be nice not to have my flower room light my Hallway at night with 1600w in there it is bright

Back
Top Bottom