First Grow Journal: Bag Seed

Should of asked this on here instead on making new threads but as I mention about my next grow. The plan is to do autos, wondering what would be good strains to start that will be fast and high yield with also good high THC? Can be any strain always open to try anything new. Also, I know I'm technically a new grower but seeds don't have to be for beginners!

Should of asked this on here instead on making new threads but as I mention about my next grow. The plan is to do autos, wondering what would be good strains to start that will be fast and high yield with also good high THC? Can be any strain always open to try anything new. Also, I know I'm technically a new grower but seeds don't have to be for beginners!
I started with gorilla glue autos. High yield high THC fast is a relative thing. I was happy with result for 1st grow. Currently growing Amnesia autos no results till August.

I’m not a fan of autos and I still can’t grow a decent one. Just be sure to start them in large final container with at least 3 gallons of a good soil mix, but then you have to learn to water differently. Emilya has article linked in her signature “How to water auto or small seedling in large final container”

It’s true - upcan transplants and autoflowers do not play nice together....

Update- The plant that I was saying about stun growth is getting back up I can see it start making them resin on the sugar leaves, budlets are still small; kind of feeling these buds might end up being airy but not putting all my hopes down yet give it couple more weeks and see if they getting fatter. About the other lady she's getting fatter buds and looking sugary. I feel like about another month left before harvesting can't wait. Next weeks should start smelling the good a lot more and seeing them budlets fatten up. I already have the next grow plan ready going to get some auto flowerings and use the SoG technique. Give more info about the set up when the weeks getting close.
So, I pretty sure I found out why the plant was not and kinda of still now growing right is because I'm high a lot and didn't see them like that lol but seen that the girl had a gnat problem I know that they don't feed on the leaves or flowers themselves but they affect the roots which is most likely why it it wasn't growing right. I'm growing organic/ natural so I know the method I did which is peroxide and water also kills the organic nutrients as well but freaked out and did what I already knew what will help. If you know any other methods that will help me with this problem next time so I won't have to effect the good with the bad, please let me know?

Nice looking plants u got going :thumb:

I have just finished an auto journal with 2 plants an came away with 180grams between 2 plants ,,my point is I uppotted twice with each plant with no issues and they were my first auto's,,so no matter wot u choose for next grow u have learned the basics to handle any type of grow u want ,

So made a quick organic fertilizer which contains 3 banana peels and 2 orange peels, next feeding is today so going give it to the lady's today give them flowers a boost for the next 4 weeks. Next grow going aim to make my own super soil, found a a good website that give me a list of all times of fruits and vegs NPK raito so that will help if you have anything that could help with Super Soil input please let me know

IMG_20210603_074745.jpg

So made a quick organic fertilizer which contains 3 banana peels and 2 orange peels, next feeding is today so going give it to the lady's today give them flowers a boost for the next 4 weeks. Next grow going aim to make my own super soil, found a a good website that give me a list of all times of fruits and vegs NPK raito so that will help if you have anything that could help with Super Soil input please let me know

IMG_20210603_074745.jpg
NPK information for Organic Growers

IMG_20210603_074745.jpg
Just feed the girls with the banana and orange water lets see how the girls take this wonderful mix in!!!

Hey guys coming this Monday girls will be in the 6 week of growing can't wait. Everything I read is this is the start of seeing the Buds start ripening up and get bigger also can't wait to smell them as well. I'll make a more detailed post on Sunday on how the plant are were doing this week and what I did to them as well. I wish these girls had better lightening though.I wish I had the MedicgrowEz8 light it's a new light from @MedicGrow has, puts off 1000 watt HPS Full Spectrum Light with 5x5 coverage perfect for all stages of growth and it also has 8 removable lights so it's easy to replace and reattached also has 50,000 hours of lightening plus with dimmer knob. This sounds amazing everyone should check this out!!!

Any help ASAP so went to check on the girls and did a soil exam on both plant well the plant I been mentioning about having stun growth well I finally got rid of the gnats but now their are hella spider mites in the soil and their tiny of course but looks like some are reddish and the rest or white and the other plant I seen a few little white ones but nothing like the one that's been having stun growth. Need some advice on what to do right now I have the plant separated from each other!! There are one spiders on leaves or stem or nothing FYI

Hey mg,

Not a pro here by any stretch of the imagination but soil dwelling mites are not always spider mites, I learned this the hard way. Soil mites can be quite beneficial and actually help prevent fungus gnats infestations. Spider mites are usually 2 spotted spider mites and (I think) they prefer foliage. Try to identify them first.

Are they in the foliage?? Or just the soil??

I had a plant with tiny whiteish or off white soil mites they were line dancing on bucket rims, I nuked the crap out them. Sulfur dust, oil dormant spray, soil drenches with Spinosad, neem oil, SNS and for weeks no matter what I tried - I could not get rid of them. I actually burnt the plant will all the sprays and developed root rot from nearly daily soil drenches. In the end the mites lived and the plant died. I tossed that soil outside

fast forward I had been slow cooking a large batch of LOS and planned to put that into use, ordered nematodes and sprayed all my soil bins, grow bags and containers of the new soil with the nematodes. Also ordered hypoaspis miles which is predator mites and released them into my two 30 gallon grow bags, there is a 2 inch layer of rice hills as ground cover and birdseed to grow grass as a ground cover and nitrogen fixer. I still see occasional fungus gnats which I think are visitors that come into basement via doggie door to escape heat but don’t think they are able to get a foothold in the soil due to the predators. Check out arbico organics or build a soil both are pretty well known I’m sure there are others too. Nematodes, earthworms, hypoaspis miles predator mites and rove beetles all to work the soil; they tunnel, nest, mate, poop, eat pests and die in the soil which also puts nutes back in.

brb with link....saw this video about this time last year so I’ve been working in this direction for a while. I still don’t have the rove beetles established in my soil but that’s next on the list, plus I want a colony of lady bugs to work the foliage. Nunyabiz is a very skilled grower - this is his soil, see post #4
Nunyabiz soil critters video < < <

also see post # 424 in my journal for close up pic of predator mites 013 predator mites

Hey mg,

Not a pro here by any stretch of the imagination but soil dwelling mites are not always spider mites, I learned this the hard way. Soil mites can be quite beneficial and actually help prevent fungus gnats infestations. Spider mites are usually 2 spotted spider mites and (I think) they prefer foliage. Try to identify them first.

Are they in the foliage?? Or just the soil??

I had a plant with tiny whiteish or off white soil mites they were line dancing on bucket rims, I nuked the crap out them. Sulfur dust, oil dormant spray, soil drenches with Spinosad, neem oil, SNS and for weeks no matter what I tried - I could not get rid of them. I actually burnt the plant will all the sprays and developed root rot from nearly daily soil drenches. In the end the mites lived and the plant died. I tossed that soil outside

fast forward I had been slow cooking a large batch of LOS and planned to put that into use, ordered nematodes and sprayed all my soil bins, grow bags and containers of the new soil with the nematodes. Also ordered hypoaspis miles which is predator mites and released them into my two 30 gallon grow bags, there is a 2 inch layer of rice hills as ground cover and I’m using birdseed to grow grass as a ground cover and nitrogen fixer. I still see occasional fungus gnats which I think are visitors that come into basement via doggie door to escape heat but don’t think they are able to get a foothold in the soil due to the predators. Check out arbico organics or build a soil both are pretty well known I’m sure there are others too. Nematodes, earthworms, hypoaspis miles predator mites and rove beetles all to work the soil; they tunnel, nest, mate, poop, eat pests and die in the soil which also puts nutes back in.

brb with link....saw this video about this time last year so I’ve been working in this direction for a while. I still don’t have the rove beetles established in my soil but that’s next on the list, plus I want a colony of lady bugs to work the foliage. Nunyabiz is a very skilled grower - this is his soil, see post #4
Nunyabiz soil critters video < < <

also see post # 424 in my journal for close up pic of predator mites 013 predator mites
Makes really good sense now as I said got rid of them gnats couple days ago and didn't see nothing in the soil than. But yesterday made some organic fertilizer and out it in the soil and today is when I started seeing them mites!!! I mean something has to eat and break down the matter in the soil lol

So have a question...My high dumb ass just realize that my light/dark cycle is 9/15. I thought this whole time its was 11/13 cycle. Well i wanted to l know if I can switch it to the 11/13 cycle or well it mess with the girls. I mean I know that as long as the plants get 12 hours or less they're in flowering stage. I feel this is the reason why my one of the girls buds look hella small and the other one looks more like its getting for pistils than fattening up, could this be true?

They will still be within the flowering light cycle. It shouldn't cause much adverse hormonal change. Going back to a veg light cycle would be more difficult.

Hey guys, girls are still looking good. Switched to 11/13 the other day thought it was like that this whole time, it was 9/15. The time change seems like it did a little effect to it but their still getting sugary don't have a huge smell to them yet. How big should buds be around this time (6 weeks and 4 days)? Like I said their still getting frosty but really hard to tell if buds are fattening. Anyone got pictures? I'll be on 7 weeks into flowering this coming Monday!

First grow journal - Bag Seeds
Tents size - 2x2x4
Light- VS600 Dimmable Viparspecturm watt LED light full spectrum
Incline fan with exhaust with speed control
2 small fans for airflow
Temperature and humidity monitor
Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil
3 gallon Breathable Fabric Pots

Flowering Week 8ish got lost of the time

Hey everyone been a while since my last post been working a lot but so realize I was a couple weeks ahead i was counting the start of the preflowering earlier so took 2 weeks off the original time and now it's been better. The buds are looking beautiful and the smell ain't as strong on them but still a pleasant smell. Last time I posted and gave the girls my homemade fertilizer with orange and banana peels and they loved it. Right now I been keeping an eye on the buds because their around the time of harvesting. The main thing I got to ask is when I look under the microscope I have a mix color of the trichomes from some been slightly cloudy to some being cloudy and some turning amber. Also the stigmas are browning and it's like a 40 maybe 50 percent of them have change but still see white stigmas sticking out. Need some advice on what to do I would post pictures of the trichomes but phone sucks lol but here is some of the best pictures I can of the buds. Also end up having to cut of a branch that got bent pretty bad so theirs also a pictures of the buds after a little trim. What you guys think?

IMG_20210626_120606178.jpg

IMG_20210626_120601509.jpg

IMG_20210626_120551431.jpg

IMG_20210626_120509309.jpg

IMG_20210626_120503955.jpg

IMG_20210626_120458251.jpg

IMG_20210626_120453889.jpg

IMG_20210626_120434778.jpg

IMG_20210626_120415374.jpg

IMG_20210626_120404514.jpg

Back
Top Bottom