First Grow Journal: Bag Seed

More pictures

IMG_20210626_120345411.jpg

IMG_20210626_120337201.jpg

IMG_20210626_120330190.jpg

IMG_20210625_110107591.jpg

I'm about to look again I'm getting the sugar leaves right below the top of the nugs to look at the trichomes. An like I said I had to harvest a branch couple days ago because is got pretty bent and way hang off and I did try that sample yesterday and I got pretty high lol but yeah their all different type of stages from a little cloudy to cloudy to amber

I'm about to look again I'm getting the sugar leaves right below the top of the nugs to look at the trichomes. An like I said I had to harvest a branch couple days ago because is got pretty bent and way hang off and I did try that sample yesterday and I got pretty high lol but yeah their all different type of stages from a little cloudy to cloudy to amber
Right on the calyxes is best.

Right. The trichomes on the sugar leaves are usually an early warning signal as they turn first.
Early warning signal? What you mean by that

When they turn amber on the sugar leaves it means you are getting close on the flowers, so start watching those closely, though you still probably have a bit to go as Otter mentioned.

They give you a heads up as to what's coming, but it is the color on the flowers that you want to go by.

And usually, the longer you wait, the more cloudy turns to amber and the more couch lock effect you get. So, depending on what you like, there is a harvest window. Harvest earlier at the first hint of amber and get more of a head high, an up lifting high. Harvest later with more amber and you get more couch lock.

Thank you guys for the help and advice I been looking at the sugars leaves right under the top of the buds now I know what to look for also so you guys know going start another grow journal right after I harvest and dry these girls out

So wanted some suggestions should I harvest them in parts, the reason why is I got a better look at parts of the plants and saw that the the trichomes on the parts I looked at about 75% of them are fill and a couple got a hint of amber and the others are half way cloudy. Also the stigmas on some of the nugs are about 60-70 brownish. I read that some of the top and outer buds could fill up quick than the once in the middle, that once I cut those ones the ones in the middle we'll finish quicker since light can get to them. Just so you guys know I want more of a up high than a couch potato high.

So wanted some suggestions should I harvest them in parts, the reason why is I got a better look at parts of the plants and saw that the the trichomes on the parts I looked at about 75% of them are fill and a couple got a hint of amber and the others are half way cloudy. Also the stigmas on some of the nugs are about 60-70 brownish. I read that some of the top and outer buds could fill up quick than the once in the middle, that once I cut those ones the ones in the middle we'll finish quicker since light can get to them. Just so you guys know I want more of a up high than a couch potato high.
If you want more of an "up" high, harvesting earlier is best. If you don't need the grow space for something else, harvesting the tops and letting the lowers go a bit longer will give you a more consistent harvest since the tops will be done sooner than the lowers.

I'd watch the trichomes on the top buds and harvest them when you think they're ready and give the lowers more time if you've got the space.

Just keep good notes on what they looked like, the rough percentage of amber to cloudy, etc, and then see what you think of it when you use it. That way you'll be able to dial it in better next round.

Hey everyone sorry about going AWOL for a little. So you know the plants came out alright I had to cut them down a little early for reason I can't say but it got me high and made edibles out of the sugar leaves and fan leaves which were good as hell. Took 5 mins to hit me and I was gone laughing lol. I am about to start another grow as soon as these seeds come in. It would be the with same set up but this time I know the strain which would be Sour Diesel - Auto Flowers from 420. So you know the weight outcome for the plants were 3 oz in total. Is this a good amount for first grow let me know.

Back
Top Bottom