Perpetual Ghetto Dungeon - AKA The Snake Farm

Grow Update

I'm about through the stretch on the THC Bomb girls. I moved 2 of the 6 THCBs to the other side with the Afghani girl after making pics. They have a little more elbow room now. I will be putting 6 clones in there in 1.5gal pots soon to clear off the veg table some. Got clones out the butt and out of flower space. A good problem to have I guess.

thcb-11.JPG

thcb-2.JPG

The Afghani girls look so different to the sativa doms on the other side.
afg-11.JPG

afg-2.JPG

Irie Ganja Mon! :smokin:

I had a "Situation" last night. The 600w ballast never came on. It died. I used a rod to tilt the 1000w toward the other side of the tent to at least give them a little light through the night.
tent223.jpg

Today I made a 60-mile round trip and spent $144 and have the right side of the tent back in business.
600w1.JPG

Full view of the tent all lit up tonight.
tent98.JPG

600w side with Afghani and surplus clones
600w-side.JPG

1000w side with THC Bomb - 30 days flower - These damn things never stop stretching tall. About to start back-building on the main colas that are getting close to the light.
thcb-30daysF.JPG

Here's the AK47 clones that my re-veg stump keeps cranking out. Going to veg these for a long time until they get their own side of the tent in about 5-7 weeks.
ak47-clones2.JPG

Been slacking on my updates lately. The music business has been good this spring and I stay busy.

The tent is about to become seriously crowded :rofl:

Grow Update

So far so good. The new ballast is working fine and the girls are chugging along. Trying to get my temps down. It has hit 90f in the tent a few days lately. Here's pics I made last night.

thcb-12.JPG

afg-21.JPG

clones-1.JPG

These THC Bomb leaves are so skinny and sativa that they hardly block any light from the small clones under the middle of the canopy.
clones-21.JPG

Here is one of the AK47 clones from the re-vegged stump. It was topped once during a 2-week veg. Not getting much stretch from them so I expect a small yield. I will be vegging the next round of these for a long time while I wait for the current girls to finish.
ak47-15.JPG

Have a great Memorial Day. Much respect to all those who gave all for my freedom.

:peace:

Alot going on around here.. GL getting the temps down. That's kind of why I shut my inside grows down the hottest time o year.
Keepem Green

Grow Update

The THC Bombs have finally slow growing tall and starting to fill out some. I about burned them with flower nutes last feeding. They are super thirsty plants. They suck the 3.5gal pots dry in 3-4 days now. I let them get too thirsty a couple times but they perk right up after watering. Not happy with they way they came out so I hope the smoke is good since the yield isn't going to be what I expected.
thcb-13.JPG

thcb-21.JPG

The Afghanis are doing good. Girl #3 is 1-2 weeks from chop. The THC Bomb clones by the Afghani girls have stretched 4x at 3 weeks 12/12 and don't look to yield much.
afg-12.JPG

afg-22.JPG

afg-3.JPG

Here are the 10 - AK47 (cherry) clones vegging up. Should make some nice bushes by the time they have their spots in the flower tent.
AK47-clones4.JPG

About to get busy chopping and trimming in 2-4 weeks in the snake farm.

Thanks for looking in...

About to have some disposable income in the next week or so. Ready to make that jump and try out LED lighting. I have decided on the Advanced PlatinumLED P450. IT has 5 year warranty, claims to cover 4.5'x4' @ 18" and has great reviews from most I have read.

I need to get this 1000w HPS heater out of the tent and save some on the power bill. :tommy:

Have u looked into cob led tech. It seems to be pretty inexpensive for the coverage of that space and I've seen some amazing plants be grown under it by bobrown sweetsue and many others. I am getting tired of my hps lights and have been looking at replacements for less than $1000 and I don't think I would enjoy the blurple lights that most leds give off

Beautiful day in the south today. Temp is 84F with 44RH today. Nice break from all the tropical rain and heat last week. I have the last 2 of the TCH Bomb plants trimmed and hanging dry.

I replaced the 1000w HPS with the new LED last night. Had to redo all my exhaust tubing which now only pulls through the 600w HPS hood. The LED light hardly puts out any heat at all. The air from the fans actually feels cool and you could put your hands on the bulbs and not get burned if you wanted to. BRIGHT AS FUCK on the eyes. I have some LED grow room glasses ordered.

Now I only have 4 small AK47 clones in 8-10" pots that are about 5 weeks 12/12 under the LED light now. I have some large AK47 bushes ready to go in a soon as they are dry enough to re-pot. Probably tonight. You can see the stretchy THC Bomb clones on the right under the HPS light.

The Snake Farm going high-tech! :thumb:

LED-2.jpg

Thanks for dropping by, Ditch. I wish my THC Bombs turned out like your Terry. You got it rocking over in your yard.

I have been busy in the Snake Farm. Loving the new light. Got some glasses to keep from going blind. I made the AK47 pictures below through the lens to get a more true color of the plants. Cool stuff.

LED-glasses.JPG

AK47-clones-StartF-01.JPG

AK47-clones-StartF-02.JPG

AK47-clones-StartF-03.JPG

2 of 4 Surplus clones
AK47-clones-43daysF.JPG

Here is the 600w HPS side of the tent. The jungle.

HPS-girls.JPG

Afg-G1-53daysF.JPG

Afg-G2-53daysF.JPG

Afg-G4-53daysF.JPG

THCB-clone3-43daysF.JPG

THCB-clone2-43daysF.JPG

THCB-clone4-43daysF.JPG

I have 6 more AK47 clones getting large on the veg table.

AK47-clones-veg.JPG

Have a great weekend!

Busy at the Snake Farm :peace:

Nice score on the lights. I have to say I got these Mars LED's and I swear them suckers will burn your eyes out. From the looks of your tent,,, 50/50,, is that the plan for the complete grow? You might have said, but I can't read and you'd have to use closed captions... But is a nice light. GL and looking forward to seeing you use her out. I've only really used my vegging as of yet... But you can bet I want to see what they can do. GL and Hope she works for you. Keepem Green

Hi Norcaliwood. I'm loving the light so far. MY 4 AK47s are 10 days 12/12 under full spectrum (both Veg and Flower on). They are making nice bushes having more stretch than I expected from revegged cuttings. Their color is beautiful so far and I love the fact you can see the true colors with the glasses on. Way cool.

I have yet to find a good condensed thread/article on the basics of using LED. I have read abouth the calcium def they can cause and most people use CalMag or similar suppliment. I have CalMag but don't know if I should use it every feeding or what. Also, I am only using it for flower in the tent. Should I run full spectrum through the whole flower time or is there any benefit to switching to flower only toward the end of flower for the plant to sense the end of the season and finish any faster?

All you thoughts and knowledge is welcomed since I'm a noob at LED for sure.

Grow Update:

First off is the HPS side of the tent. The Afghani are still packing on lots of new growth at almost 11 weeks 12/12. I'm ready for them to be done so I can get more plants in the tent. I was stoned and forgot to take any bud shots of the THC Bomb.

hps18.JPG

afg-1-76daysF.JPG

afg-2-76daysF.JPG

afg-4-76daysF.JPG

On to the LED side of the tent. The AK47s are looking good and almost through the stretch.

AK47-clonesLED-15daysF.JPG

AK47-clones-15daysF.JPG

AK47-clonebush-15daysF.JPG

AK47-clonebud-15daysF.JPG

Here is the next round of AK47 clones ready to go to the tent when the Afghanis come down in a week or two.

AK47-veg.JPG

The re-vegged stump that keeps on giving

AK47-stump.JPG

I will be harvesting 4 AK47 surplus clones that were flowered in small pots this week. I will post some chop shots.

Have a great week!

I've never used LED's myself either. But there are tons of peoples here that do know about them. I'm not sure what PPM you water has in the heavies. Me, my water is under 20 PPM. That being said, there is no calcium in my water period. I use fertilizers on my indoor grows. I feed every third watering, which I add cal mag. It will never hurt to get a bag of bonemeal to mix in you soil. I like the fine ground shit, it breaks down faster. But you can never have to much calcium. Well it wood take a ton of it to be too much. I always give my plants a heavy blast of the cal/mag at transition. Plants drink calcium during that stretch phase. Calcium builds stong bones in kids. Same with plants. Alot of times you will see the need of it right after the flowers show. You'd see a kind of rust around the margins on the Leafs. That's got to be the biggest deficiency marijuana is prone to..
GL and Keepem Green

Grow Update

I have all of the Afghani girls trimmed dried and in jars this week. At 12 weeks 12/12 these things were still packing on new bud growth with hardly any red hairs. That's too long for an indica dom? Funky genetics. I popped 4 beans and got 4 girls. Each of the 4 had hermie nanners. They were freebie seeds and I imagine they were prob hermie seds to begin with. I have had NO hermie issues with the other strains. I got right at 10oz of dried bud from the 4 plants. Large dense buds but just a mediocre smoke. I wouldn't even call it mid-grade, more like the businessman special that can be had for $100/oz in my area. Here are the pics of the last 3 chopped.

Afg-girl1-84daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl1b-84daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl2a-88daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl2b-88daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl2c-88daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl4a-87daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl4b-87daysF-Harvest.JPG

Afg-girl4c-87daysF-Harvest.JPG

I'm glad to have the Afghani out of the way so repotted and tossed the 6 AK47 clones from the veg table into flower. It is a little crowded with the THC Bomb clones stuck in every available nook and cranny around the large pots. The THC Bomb will be harvested in a couple weeks when the AK47 will be stretching out so they will get more elbow room at that point. Here's the newbies in the tent under the 600w HPS.

AK47-clones3-StartF.JPG

Here are the 4 existing AK47 clones under the LED light at 4 weeks 12/12
AK47-clones1-28daysF.JPG

AK47-clones2-28daysF.JPG

THC Bomb clones. Still stretching all the way to the end. Being in the small pots they have got to the point that they need watering almost daily. Some of them have got too thirsty a time or two so the leaves have taken a hit, but there is enough green to get them to the end in the next week or two.

THCB-clones1-65daysF.JPG

THCB-clones2-65daysF.JPG

THCB-clones4-65daysF.JPG

THCB-clones3-65daysF.JPG

And finally my bagseed surprise, Ellie Mae. She looks very healthy so far.
EllieMae-20daysF.JPG

EllieMae2-20daysF.JPG

I got a lot done last night. Feels good to be totally caught up for the moment.

Have a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom