Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

I got given a couple of Afghan Kush regular, I hadn't really even thought about using them but I've got two female strains atm. Plushberry and LSD. Do you reckon it's worth sacrificing a female to the cause?

I have always thought about doing that one day. You would end up with a bunch of seeds. Maybe :)

I'd need to build a pollinating place, I've only just finally got a room back after my daughter decided they were moving back home. I wouldn't trust myself doing it in the same room, everything I flowered would be seed mate. I'm trying to learn how to make decent buds, breeding sounds good though. Need more rooms though :)

I got pics and descript of making beans. I'll dig it up and post it out. Although, I'm sure there is a thread here on how-to.

Have you ever had seeded and sensi bud growing on the same plant?

When I made beans in the past, I keep my male in a different part of the house until it flowers. Collect pollen in a baggie. I would then pull a selected female out of the grow area and cover it with a trash bag. I would make a small hole in the trash bag and pull a single branch out through the hole. Place baggie of pollen on the exposed branch and shake it up and leave it on for about 15-30 minutes. Then remove the baggie and mist the branch down good to remove any loose pollen. Then remove the trash bag and put the girl back into flower. I had good success this way. I would get about 100-150 seeds from that branch. I did find just a few seeds on other branches of the plant, but the seeding did not seem to effect the yield and potency of the plant.

Great words of advice there ChefDGreen. We don't use many green tomatoes over here or even much cornmeal, but I really like the sounds of that cooking already (salivating here)! Nice write up on the compost too, I'm thinking of going organic but it will be awhile from now, I need to learn how to grow steadily first :) All the best :thumb:

See Kraize? Now you have me thinking about a recipe for spicy canna cornbread. Mmmmmmm.

Thanks guys, I'm flattered. I still consider myself a novice as there are some brilliant growing minds on this forum. Those are the minds I sponged knowledge from over the years. I am very much a slacker now compared to when I first started. That is why I love to follow "first grows" and relive that excitement. I was so obsessed/anal retentive/OCD during my first grows. :p

Sue, canna cornbread sounds like a winner! I would add some cracklins and jalepeno... That's just me though ;)

Grow Update - 42 Days

Got 3 more girls since last update. Got 2 confirmed dudes. "A moment of silence for the sacrificial males"...

Still got 4 plants unknown but they will show in the next few days.

Six Girls so far! The way they are growing, they will fill up my 600w HPS and still leave the 1000w open for the new genetics I have...yeah, mon!

Repotted the 3 new girls into 12" pots, FFOF/perlite mix and watered them in with the big dose of FF Big Bloom like the first 3.

The first 3 are already starting to get huge and haven't started the stretch yet. This is gonna get crazy but I like a challenge.

42days-girl4.jpg

42days-girl5.jpg

42days-girl6.jpg

Canopy shot:
42days-canopy.jpg

R.I.P. dudes...
44days-01.jpg

I love this part of a grow...hehehe

Keep'em Green!

~GG

They all have huge leaves, Scar, especially #4, but yeah, #5 looks like a heavy indica :)

We'll know more in another week of 12/12. The first three girls look more sativa than these last three, that could just be my veg style that makes them look that way?

They all have huge leaves, Scar, especially #4, but yeah, #5 looks like a heavy indica :)

We'll know more in another week of 12/12. The first three girls look more sativa than these last three, that could just be my veg style that makes them look that way?

Nah... It's the genetics talking to you. Or, maybe the angle of the picture?

That sounds like a good way of doing things. Damn GhettoGro, I was just learning how to grow and now you're making me think about trying to cross breed these THC and Plushberry :)

If you can make your own beans. Why not!?! They aren't cheap and a risk to order if you live in a state like mine.

Sue, canna cornbread sounds like a winner! I would add some cracklins and jalepeno... That's just me though ;)

My thoughts exactly. Gorgeous plants GG. Just stunning.

Back
Top Bottom