Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

Welcome aboard, Scar. Thanks for the info on the soil. I think I'll mix it down for my good genetics. In the mean time, the first 3 girls of this grow were put into FFOF with about 25% perlite. These little gremlins are hungry though! I would be afraid to risk my good genetics this way, but since it's bagseed, let's push the envelope! I fed them every week in veg with the FF Gorw Big and then I fed 1 cup FF Big Bloom/gal on the three girls in flower. They are 3 days into 12/12 and they are larger than the hydrangeas I've been trying to grow in my yard for years now.

This is a "fun" grow and I'm not afraid to experiment. May try some supercropping and back-budding just for the heck of it. Any suggestions or tips, just let me know. We will try it.

42days1.jpg

Veggies = Un-sexed MJ plants. Sorry if the tag is misleading. But, I do have some 'maters and peppers growing in recycled grow dirt. Had some fried green 'maters for dinner tonight :)

From my experience, tomatoes and cannabis don't co-exist Tomatoes need lots of light and nutrients. Cannabis (oh I may catch hell for this) is a weed, Less is better. ~hides and runs away~

Ahh. Ok I get it :rofl: I decided that tomatoes are to stinky to be grown the weed plants anyways :)

ChefD, you ever fry green tomatoes? MY wife didn't do so good on them. She didn't use enough corn meal and the oil wasn't hot enough to get that good "initial scald". I got to teach her my method, but I am amature chef. Any input or tips?

Love growing vegetables.
I have been a city boy, for the most part of my life, and always felt the call to nature.
Last September, my Special Lady and I moved to the village, and the first thing we did, was to start make our land.
Now we have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, celery, kale, water melon, and many other types of stuff growing in our garden, practically any seed or plant to we managed to get our hands on was planted.
One of the best hobbies I have, and one of the most rewarding.
Obviously, after seeing how well we did in our outdoor garden, making our indoor garden was a must and a natural step :)

Just a little show and tell :)

BTW, we are making our own compost outside, made out of leftovers from our veggies, eggshells and weeds and leaves.
Can we use it for cannabis, and get good results?

ChefD, you ever fry green tomatoes? MY wife didn't do so good on them. She didn't use enough corn meal and the oil wasn't hot enough to get that good "initial scald". I got to teach her my method, but I am amature chef. Any input or tips?

Make sure you go dry, wet, dry(so flour first, then egg wash, then corn meal) - to get the corn meal to stick properly. Also a good test for oil is toss a few particles of corn meal in the oil.. If they immediately start to bubble and take on that "properly frying" look then you're ready to go.. And i wouldnt do more than three or four at a time unless youre deep frying in 2+ gallons of oil... Adding cold food to hot oil can make the oil too cold for the next tomato to get properly crispy. Gotta maintain that 350 degrees, so its best to let the oil come back to temperature before you do another round. Hope that helps :thumb:

:passitleft:

Yes you can use homemade compost with great success in your cannabis garden. You just have to know what to put in it. No feces, meat or fish, weeds or mature seeds of any kind, preesure treated wood, or chemically treated anything, plastic, ceramic, glass, metal, used cat litter, particle board, bones or fat, dairy, citrus, or whole eggs. Besides that you should be okay. Also a little urine is good for your compost bin as well lol

Great words of advice there ChefDGreen. We don't use many green tomatoes over here or even much cornmeal, but I really like the sounds of that cooking already (salivating here)! Nice write up on the compost too, I'm thinking of going organic but it will be awhile from now, I need to learn how to grow steadily first :) All the best :thumb:

OK please stop xD. I'm on homemade cheese and onion pie and they look like they'd go well with it (had to google it, my palette needs expanding lol). Damn we should start trading food as well as knowledge :)

I got given a couple of Afghan Kush regular, I hadn't really even thought about using them but I've got two female strains atm. Plushberry and LSD. Do you reckon it's worth sacrificing a female to the cause?

Back
Top Bottom