Bag Seed Growing in the Dungeon - AKA Snake Farm - Old School HPS - Soil

Update: 2 weeks veg

These things are taking off like crazy. A couple were about root-bound and hungry in the 16oz cups after just 2 weeks. Transplanted 5 of them to 6" nursery pots. Fed a light dose of FF Grow Big (N). THe way they are going and acting, I think they can take it. Gonna push the envelop. :)

bs02.jpg

bs011.jpg

Here's another peek into the ghetto dungeon ;)

I let my water sit in here for a few days to let chlorine etc.. evap. Adjust Ph and we are good to go.

water11.jpg

Keep'em Green!

~GG

All plants are in the 6" pots now. I used every grain of dirt that I had left. Worked out perfect. Now I have find another source for dirt within the next couple of weeks. Haven't been able to locate the FoxFarms so I will prob swith back to the ProMix.

These little bishes are hungry. They had started eating the bottom leaves in the cups. I fed them a good dose of Grow Big and a Cal/Mag suppliment. The AK47s never needed feeding until the flower stretch. They loved the FFOF dirt by itself for veg.

They are growing fast still and ranging from 4" to about 8" in height now. The nodes are staying pretty short on most and the leaf fingers are mostly short and wide (hoping indica dom). We'll know more when they hit the stretch.

17days-veg.jpg

Keep-em Green!

~GG

The last of my AK47 grow came down today. About to get busy trimming her out. I let her go a long time in flower as she kept putting on new bud growth. I think she was more more sativa dom than the other 4 which were almost identical in stature, smell and flavor.

She had more deficiencies than the others and ate most of her leaves up the last couple weeks in flower. I am a very conservative feeder and this seemed to have had a big appetite.

girl3-01.jpg

girl3-02.jpg

The flower tent is empty until these new babies are ready for 12/12. Gotta do some cleanup and patching on the tent.

Fiskars don't fail me now! :party:

Hi PotChimp, that last AK47 made 71 grams of trimmed and dried bud. She's in the jars now My total yield from the 5 AK47s came to 299 grams. I'm stocked for a while. :ganjamon:

Grow Update: 21 Days Veg

I don't think I will be vegging these bagseed plants too long. They are about to take up the whole veg light at 3 weeks. I will be training the larger ones this week to keep my canopy level. The biggest one is dwarfing the others at about 10" tall now. Got to be a male growing that rapid and stretchy. They still haven't drank the whole pot up since re-potted. Should be ready for a good feeding in a couple days. As soon as they sex they will either be chopped or sent to the flower tent. Hoping for many girls.

21days-1.jpg

21days-2.jpg

21days-3.jpg

My recycled grow dirt is making food in the back yard now :thumb:

:party:

I'm challenged by that firewall too GhettoGro. Yesterday I loaded an off-topic picture into Member files three, count it - three times before I did it correctly. :laughtwo:

I like the way you unabashedly embrace frugality in the grow process. We all do tend to get somewhat carried away with this hobby of ours, don't we? When I started mine, it was with the same intention. Then I was introduced to LOS and I made that affordable. Everything kind of snowballed from there. I'm still in awe of where it's taken me.

My best to the wife. :love:

Absolutely GhettoGro. You should configure it into your signature. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Loving those AK pictures GhettoGro. I've subbed and am here for the ride if you don't mind? I love the 'unabashedly embraced frugality' too lol, sounds like a great way to grow, and judging by your last harvest it isn't a bad thing at all, unlike some that spend every penny they have on all the newfangled gizmo's and still fail <whistles>. Good luck to you, your wife and all those beautiful girls. May you weather the storms and grow strong and hardy. All the best :thumb:

"HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!!!" "GOOOOOOOOAL"! lol

Finaly located my dirt in my town. It actually cost a buck less that the bags I bought from my old nersery which has since gone out of business.

The last batch I bought was over 5 years ago and I'm just now finishing it up. I was informed by another grower that they changed factories and the newer stuff is too hot for seedling. Anyone else using this or have experienced this? I have some high genetics ordered and will prob start them in "starting soil" to be sure. I have never had a prob putting fresh sprouts into straigh FFOF, but I know things change I would not want to take chances with new beans. Any input from FFOF users is very welcome here.

FFOF.jpg

Hi CO, I have never mixed it with anything but perlite. Never had a prob, but I haven't bought any in over 5 years. I love that I could veg plants all the way to flower without even feeding them. BUT, this bagseed grow is hungry. I have started feeding them because they are gowing nutz! It is a fun flashback growing the BS. :) GOt some AK47 and THC Bomb on the way though :D

P.S. The Ocean Forrest already has the castings and ammendments.

Although I have no experience, I too have heard rumblings of FFOF being too hot for seedlings.

The addition to your grow title works well. It will attract attention. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom