Ghetto RV Suspended Grow aka Asteidl's Hanging Garden

The only suggestion I have is to to get 4200 lumens (300 Watt equivalent CFL's) for you babies. You can get them at HomeDepot or Lowe's. Three will run you about 56 dollars. Also if you do not have much space for the one in the closet I believe you can start flowering earlier and keep the lights closer to stunt the growth.

Everything else looks great. Good luck my friend.

Indicas

Thanks! I would like to get big, bad bulbs! Will be shopping around at HD (Lowe's doesn't have a local store to me), soon as I can. Not trying to contradict ya, but saw mentioned elsewhere on the site about big/few CFL's vs small/lots CFL's. Redundancy and all. Lower-wattage CFL's don't really stack up to the bigger ones, though, huh. Will probably try the big'uns. :) I also do want to start flowering earlier, for smaller plants. I am not commercial at all, so small may be very fine for personal medication. Thanks.

Also, planning to make a hole, and some sort of light-proof flange, to route power cords through. Current-ly [catch that? :) ], I have the power cord going through the door. It holds the door open a little bit, and it's really damn obvious that I'm running power to some sort of strange, well-lit cabinet. Suspicious and conspicuous as hell. Ventilation and light-proofing priorities. :)

Three hours later, had to water the peppers again, lol. Little Jello shot cup dries out quick! Will put it in bigger cup. Probably put it in the susp rig, if I make that my vegging area. I know, it's non-420 plant, but hoping the bright red spicy peppers compliment the luscious greenery that will hopefully take off. :) Looking forward to SPICY MUNCHIES.

Added some fans (80mm 12VDC from PC's) to the cabinet, btw. Pics!
100_30923.JPG

Gotta plug the hole yet, light comes through it.
100_30934.JPG

2x 80mm fans.
100_30914.JPG

12VDC, 10Amp power supply.
100_30962.JPG

100_30903.JPG

Mystery plant! ;)
100_30972.JPG

Just kidding, it's a plastic fake plant from my old aquarium.

Had a weather station thing outside, but the wind part is broken, so said fuggit and moved the Temp/RH sensor into the cabinet. Receiver has been right next to my computer desk since forever, so don't even have to move that. Temp/RH on receiver pic is not true yet. Needs time to update itself.
Sorry about the sideways pic, forgot to turn it before uploading.
100_30992.JPG

100_31003.JPG

Added some ghetto ventilation stuff.

100_31013.JPG

100_31024.JPG

Connection below is very flimsy and unsafe. Don't do this way unless you can be sure that, #1, the plants can't touch it, and #2, you don't touch it. This is only temporary fan for me, and I'm very electrical savvy, so I'm not worried. But believe me, I do respect electricity. Be careful with exposed conductors, and treat them as live at all times, unless YOU lock the circuit open. AKA Lockout/Tagout.
100_31045.JPG

Routed cord through hole
100_31054.JPG

Cleaned up area underneath cabinet. 10Amp 12vdc power supply is on the left. It's for my fans. And yeah, it's WAY overkill. But oh well. Can really expand on low-voltage fans. :) Each draws only about 0.1A @12VDC. So, that could theoretically add up to almost 100 fans, lol. In a roughly 9 cubic foot space. Damn. That'd be a ton of fans in there, no room for bud!
100_31063.JPG

100_31072.JPG

Forgot to mention a few things, and don't wanna edit, lol. The 4" vent came from an unused furnace vent in my RV.

The jury-rigged fan came from a microwave oven. Editing post won't work. "Save," "Go Advanced," don't work, only "Cancel" works.

EDIT: Just realized I'm no long a "New Member!" :) I'm a 420 Member now! w00t!:thanks::420:
EDIT2: And edit post is working this time....again. Heh.

Took some pics of the (hopefully) moms just now, but can't drag myself to upload them yet. Uploaded a lot of pics of my cabinet today, after working on it all day, and I'm wore out, lol. Need to go medicate, and maybe upload the lady's pics tonight.

Okay, very well medicated now :) :cool: Will UL a few pics of mom. :):tokin: Shit. It'd help if I opened the beer before I try to drink it! /me high as f*ck :)

100_31171.JPG

100_31161.JPG

100_3115.JPG
No sex yet, I don't think, but my eyes are a little heavy, hehehe
100_31141.JPG

Leaves looking nice
100_31133.JPG

Nice view from below. This wouldn't be perverted, would it? LOL
100_31111.JPG

Nice branching?
100_31103.JPG

FIM gone FIM, lol Missed it quite a bit. Was just experimenting.
100_31092.JPG

I know I said no sex yet, but this is just wrong, upskirt, lol
100_31082.JPG

I don't think the ladies like the heat the dome has been creating. FLA sun is killer. I am certain they like the light, though!
I'd like to show how the skylight can't be seen through from the outside, but don't wanna attract undue attention from nosy neighbors, by climbing on my roof and taking pics of it. If I happen to work on my AC or something, I'll get a pic and share. Anywho, just wanna say that while the sun comes in a LOT, you can't see through from outside for some reason. From inside to look through it only shows silhouettes, of like my weather station's wind sensor's pole's shadow.

I'm still thinking, that due to space, I should move mom's to the cabinet (once clones show sex). If I can control the heat under the skylight, I could easily fit a couple short veggers with LST. I think. But then in autumn, the veggers.....hmmm. This will take some thinking, methinks.

That's it for now! Thanks for watching, this has been your host, asteidl!

Weird question, but it popped into my mind: Would honey (the kind bees make) be good for mj plants? As a nutrient, in with watering. I have a lot of honey. The kind bees make, lol.

Man I got to say, this is one crazy grow dude lol. I like when people think outside the box and make what they have work for them. They always seem to end up interesting in terms of ingenuity and results. +reps!

~Psycho

Thanks, Psychosic! This is why I'm jack of [some] trades, master of none. ;)

Let me start by saying I have 0 experience with honey or molasses for that matter but, I do recall someone mentioning that it works in a similar way to molasses for adding sugar it just doesn't work as well. I would say if you want to go the sugar route use unsulfured blackstrap molasses, its what I have seen a lot of people use and some swear by it others not so much. I do know that you can gunk up your soil with it if you don't use it properly. No one wants that or the bugs that come with nasty soil. I have also heard of people using Sucat instead of molasses.

Just got up, temps in cab are 70F and 57% RH Not sure about soil, etc, was too blinded when I looked in, lol.

Aha! Didn't think of the bugs it might attract. THank for mentioning. I really don't know how the whole sugars/carbs for plants works, but thinking I'll hold off on the bee juice.

Fan on the exhaust vent in the cab must be making neg pressure, as the barometer on the Temp/RH sensor shows half-inch lower than atmostpheric. Just a curiosity, but would a lowering barometric pressure, in a humid, or even dry, environment, stimulate plants to anticipate rain? I know baro pressure has an effect on my joints (knees, hips, shoulders, etc, not the green ciggies, lol), and on other animals, so I'm sure it could have some type of plant effect. Since lowering baro pressure often indicates possible rain, I wonder if the plants know that, and respond in kind: maybe leaf folds, to channel rainwater; cellular wall porosity changes, to absorb water in roots/foliage. Or are these types of stimuli responses due to water, and not pressure. Maybe will conduct some experiments. Planning will be necessary. Documentation, too. /stoned rambling, lol.

Well, it's Sunday evening, 7PM. Nothing really new with moms. Clones are very healthy-looking so far, but no visible roots yet. Saw somewhere on teh webz about lifting by stem to check if roots present, but I really don't want to disturb them. Going shopping in a couple days, gonna get a spray bottle, and maybe some other supplies. Hint: I want to try dwc, and apparently can get the system going for dirt-cheap, and I have a few parts already (air pump and stone, buckets, lids). Mostly need a few detail shit, and then nutes. So, price-wise, it's a little longer term plan than the next few days. Maybe a month or so for dwc, but I want to make the system, at least. :) Maybe put it in my closet. Also, planning to get better lights. Also planning on putting moms into cabinet soon as clones sexed. So, will need to get redder lights, too.

Inspecting and watering moms today. They sure were thirsty. I think I noticed a tiny female preflower, but can't be sure. Hangover eyesight today. Took a pic, but focusing on my cheap camera sucks. Need a better camera, but need grow supplies more!
100_3126.JPG

Clones on 22/2 now, as of midnight last night, lights-on till 2200. Lemme pencil in a possible schedule.

(4/24): on 0000-----2359
(4/29): on 0000, off 2200
(5/1): on 0000, off 1800
(5/7): on 0000, off 1500
(5/14): on 0000, off 1200
harvest when ready

Also, clones are doing beautifully.
100_31182.JPG
100_31191.JPG
100_31201.JPG

Thanks for the love, Thatoneguy! May well yet need to "make 'em fit."

Will probably be doing just that, pretty soon, thatoneguy. Soon as I get some good lighting, I think I'm going to swap moms for clones, in the cabinet and hanging rig. By that time, will be certain of the sex. Thinking a 150w HPS would suffice for my small area. I know I've been doing CFL, but been finding more lumens for less money in a lower-power HID. I be wrong, but with my current setup, it'd take 20 bulbs to do the same as one 150w HPS. It's cheap, powerful enough for my needs, and I'd finally have HID! :) I know I could go a lot bigger than 150w, but still learning to crawl before I start running. ;) That, and, money is still tight, lol.

Dammit, was going to write some shit down, but fucking roasted. Smoked 6 different strains tonight, not mine, else I'd have pics. :( lol Sativas, Indicas, Hybrids. Really digging one hell of a mind-fucking body-numbing soul-crunching stomach-munchies-callin' buzz. Will try to record temps, progress, plans, etc. Would love to stay, but feel the need to lay down for a bit and enjoy some cheetoes, painlessness, and mental wellness.

EDIT: Don't really wanna sit still, lol. Temps in cabinet are 71.8F and RH 71%. Perhaps I should turn the bubbler off? Lights are off at the moment. I put a glass of water with my old aquarium's bubbler in it, in front of my 80mm fans. Humidity has been doing good all day I think. Been gone all afternoon though. My trailer gets hot during the day, even with A/C. Old insulation. Moms look okay. Plans... Seriously considering going to a 150 HPS in cabinet, and swapping moms for clones and pepper plant. Or may keep pepper plant in cabinet, with moms, lol. Gotta keep my above-stated schedule, though, I think, unless it's not a goodun.

Early early early mornin' here. Got up about 4am, surprisingly clear-headed, lol. Was riiiiiiiiipped last night, hehehe. Anywho, just set the timer, which goes on at midnight, to turn off at 1800. So, 6PM it'll be off, after being on for 18 hours. THat's for the cabinet, btw. Clones seem healthy, the first one I did, in the black pot, it's doing really well, grew about an inch taller! The others in the jiffy things, They're the same size so far, and I don't see any roots poking out yet. I think I had them too wet, so dumped the water out of the jiffy tray. THe jiffy pods have more than enough water in them at the moment, so will give em a little break from saturation. Keeping my fingers crossed for them. This week or next, planning on getting an HPS lamp, powered appropriately for my space. Probably don't need to go higher than 250, but am more likely to be able to afford a 150. 150 puts out about 16000 lm, so, in that little space, should be enough.

Uh oh. Brain is thinking. Stand back, this could be dangerous, hahahaha. What the hell do I do with the clones, moms, when I only have one cabinet set up. Do I flower out the clones, and do mom later, or make the clones show, put moms in, and clones on veggie rig till mom done... Ugh, the choices... Hmm. If I put clones on 12/12, then put them on the veggie skylight rig, they'll reveg, I think. But I think I do want to get mom done. Doesn't sound right, I know, lol. I know they don't liek the heat of the dome, because they've gotten bigger than the dome can handle and are all rubbing the inside dome surface, which is upwards of 100F. As for sexing, well, I almost wanna say fuggit, I'll cull 'em if need be. I've seen enough cannabis balls to recognize them, lol. Just gotta get lights first, before stuffing moms in the cabinet.

Hmmm...okay. Once get light (hopefully this week, maybe next), I think I'll take kids and put 'em in the Super-Duper Suspended Vegetation Rig (my skylight), and put moms in the cabinet. Then by the time they're done, clones should be ready to put in there, and maybe I'll have even more clones off of them. Hopefully. By that time, I may even be able to get other projects off the ground, like the hydro system I want to build.

Anywho, pictures!

Awesome growth the last few days. This is actually the bottom branch of what I may as well call "West Mom," as it's on the west side of the skylight.
100_3134.JPG

Top of West Mom.
100_31381.JPG

Top of East Mom
100_3137.JPG

A view of both from below, looking North, I think.
100_3135.JPG

The kids.
These were REALLY wet.
100_3139.JPG

Growing so big!
100_31401.JPG
100_3141.JPG

Back
Top Bottom