Coco/Perlite/Ewc - 300w GSL LED - RV Grow

CascadianDank

Hello and :welcome: to my second effort at journaling.

My first journal (linked in sig) was not what I hoped it to be so Ive decided to start a new one now that I have all my equipment in place and have settled on a soiless medium to grow in.

For this round I will be using a 2: 2 :1 mix of Coco:perlite:EWC with feedings of BPNs Farmers Pride Nutrients along with Liquid Kelp and Cal/Mag+.
Farmers_Pride.JPG

DSCF3620.JPG
DSCF3621.JPG

Lighting will be a 2ft 24Wx4 T5 for veg and a 300W Quantum LED Grow Light | Grow Stealth LED | 3W LED Grow Lights for flower.
DSCF35811.JPG

DSCF3133.JPG
DSCF31361.JPG
DSCF31371.JPG

My tents are home made, Flower Tent being an RV shower wrapped in Panda Film and Veg Tent being a 36W x 22D x 30T PVC frame wrapped in Panda Film and on an RV Dashboard.
Finished_Veg_Tent_1.JPG
Finished_Veg_Tent_2.JPG
DSCF24782.JPG
DSCF24773.JPG
DSCF24762.JPG
DSCF24741.JPG

Strains are MANY. I have 2 Super Skunk that are in horrible condition almost done flowering, a Purple Kush and a Purple Power both 4 weeks into 12/12, a Super Skunk thats been vegging for 3 months that will be going into flower as soon as the other 2 come out and 2 that are either Mango or something else that I dont know and those are 2 months from seed. These are all in different mixes of FFOF, EarthGrow potting soil, Coco and EWC.

The stars of this journal will be Texada Timewarp and BC Pinewarp both regular seeds from BC Bud Depot that are soaking in shot glasses of water at the moment waiting to be planted into solo cups of the coco:perlite:ewc mix. I will post Pics of those once they sprout.

Hello daicacharco and sillywilly thanks for joinin us. The strains are listed at the bottom of the first post at the top of this page, there are a few different ones goin but the main 2 for this journal are Timewarp and Pinewarp from BC Bud Depot.

The Timewarp seed has broke the surface, still inside its seed casing though, but the Pinewarp has not yet popped open so nothing to show in pics just yet. I do have a new issue with my SS still in veg, its been 3 months and I have had PH issues in the flower room that I added Garden Lime to correct around a week ago, this was done to all plants and did bring PH up to the 6.4 to 6.7 range of plants I watered and was able to check. I now have a different issue happening on the SS

DSCF3625.JPG
DSCF3627.JPG

These leaves are both off the following plant

DSCF3638.JPG
DSCF3641.JPG
DSCF3642.JPG
DSCF3639.JPG
DSCF3640.JPG
DSCF3644.JPG

Those are all the same plant and this is the first issue Ive had in veg they have all been fine until about 3 weeks into flower til now. I was planning to flip this one in the next couple weeks but I need to fix it first and I can never find a pic that looks like my problems so once again Im asking for suggestions while I keep searchin.

Edit** forgot to mention these leaves come right off when grabbed with little effort unlike the flower issue.

I do well with things I know. I dont mess with electricity or plumbing on my own though. Solar Panels would be something I think I could handle if I had good detailed directions or someone to show me how its done. I learn faster by seeing and doing rather than reading and comprehending. I would like to produce enough that I didnt have to pay for power at all which shouldnt be too big a task with such a small space

I wasnt sure but thought that it may be Phos. I have looked at that link and a few others but even when doing a search I either cant see the pics cuz Im not a member or its the same pics on other sites and they dont always look like my problem. I kinda thought maybe it was a deficiency due to all the flushing I have done to try and fix it. Now that I know the right way to test the soil ph I think its fixed so Ill feed nutes again and see if that does it. Today is water day so Ill check the soil and the runoff again and see where Im at.

The Pinewarp seed never popped so I guess it was a dud but the Timewarp sprouted and is growing so I will have some pics and updates for this journal and I still have the Mango/Mystery which are lookin good so Ill post pics of them in here soon too.

maybe add a little extra micro, and azomite, did you ever get any bpn seaweed? a good foliar spray/feed would be a tbps seaweed some dissolved ,strained azomite 1 tsp,1tsp molasses,and a pinch calmag or epsom salt in a gallon, that way you can feed without disturbing the soil balance you could even half this and mist a little more often, the bpn seaweed has made my veg plants explode in the last week since xmas (thats when i got the new formula), anyway try that, and have a great new year!!!

Thanks BID Ill give that a try. No I dont have the BPN Seaweed but I do have some Eco nutes, Eco-Nero Kelp Ive been using. The wife was cookin up some of her seafood chowder the other day so I didnt get to do the PH testing (space restrictions) but I did mix up a tea thats been bubbling since and ready to go. I just lightly fed some of the pre bubbled mix so they should need more today and Ill get PH numbers this time.

I ended up choppin the puny top buds off the 2 SS that were ready to harvest and put them back in to reveg. The other SS was over growing the veg tent so it went into the flower tent. The 2 Mango/Mystery are lookin great and growing nicely after some defol and bending the tops over. The timewarp is comin along with the 2nd set of real leaves out n soakin up light.

Friday Ill be scoring some Blue Dream and Purple Diesel to smoke on and a couple clones although I dont know what they will have yet so Im hoping for those 2 strains. I only got a couple grams of the BD last time and it was great so Im glad its back and the PD is one of my favorites right now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and heres to an AWESOME 2013 (lucky 13) :roorrip:

I had never heard of the Blue Dream ti I got the 2 grams a couple months ago, now I see it all over 420. I loved it but the buzz seemed to not last more than an hour which after reading up on it some it is said to go from a sativa head buzz to an indica type buzz so I guess thats what I was experiencing. It is a very nice mellow high that we enjoyed alot while kicked back playin Skyrim and then out walkin the dog too.

My next seed order, which wont be til late spring, will have a skunk 11 in it. I love the skunk I have so Id love to try that one and I have to order more Pineapple Chunk and PineWarp since I screwed up on those. The PW never popped and I killed the PC which really sucks cuz we like that one alot too.

OK so today Im callin it quits on the organics for a while. I fed and checked the PH of the vegging plants which I had added 2 Tbs of Epsoma Garden Lime to about 3 weeks ago and the PH is still fucked. I added nute tea that bubbled for 3 or 4 days that was 7.1 PH to 4 plants that all had 7.3 for runoff but the soil PH ranged from 4.5 to 5.1. I decided to check the soil PH of the pots I had waiting for the new seedlings that was mentioned in the title and first post. EWC/COCO/PERLITE watered once with a tea of EWC, molasses, liquid kelp, and Farmers Pride. Today I watered with 7.2PH tap water and the soil PH was 4.8 and runoff was 7.6. My runoff is always higher than whats put in and the soil PH stays too low even after trying everything suggested.

I have 2 friends who buy bales of sunshine mix with perlite added and use GH 3 part nutes without PHing anything or adding anything extra and neither have issues and have great results so Im done buying this and adding that for now. Im going to go buy some more Coco today and mix it 50/50 with perlite and transplant everything. Im also gonna buy some nutes which I havent decided on yet.

I checked the PH of the Coco I have by adding the 7.2 tap water and it was at 7.0 so I dont get why or how the PH was 4.8 in my EWC/Coco/Perlite pots that dont have plants in them yet but were fed the tea only from above. Did I get a bad batch of BPN??

Ill be back later after my work is done to see if anyone has any ideas why this is happening, I hope so. Im not tossing my soil or giving up on organics just putting it on hold cuz I need a return after all this money Ive spent and this isnt working.

i dont know whats going on, but i never mess with ph, i just mix coco the way i do in my video and use farmers pride just like the online schedule says except i add worm castings and azomite and you can see in my journal what i get, something is defo outta whack in your grow, i know you'll figure it out, was the coco washed clear of all possible salts, i have never tested ph in the mix before watering and after only if i see a problem do i test the runoff , i realize im late getting back to you life got busy and i got put down a bit, and im at 75 on my subbed journals, stuff slips by sorry bro, i dont think you got a bad batch as its prolly the same batch as mine i ordered this set sam time you did, have you got ahold of corey i know he will know whats going on and know how to fix it hes good that way give him an email and your # he will prolly call you fairly quick

Thanks and all good BID. I dont know for sure but I think by PHing my water to 6.5 then adding nutes I screwed it all up so NO it isnt the Nutes and Im sorry I said that was just pissed off and trying to think of all possibilities.

I went out and got 2 bricks of Coco and mixed it roughly 50:50 with Perlite and I also got the Botanicare Pureblend Pro Grow and Bloom. I was gonna get the GH 3 part because it worked for me for the past 2 years but the dude at the garden supply store suggested the Pureblend instead which is Organic Based but all I do is add 1 thing depending on stage of growth. I still add my Liquid Kelp and Cal/Mag+ and so far everyone is lookin happier.

I transplanted everything even the PP and PK that were 5 or 6 weeks into 12/12 and didnt much care what if anything survived but they all seem fine after 2 feedings which I just mixed the nutes with the tap water and it was 6.3 going in and 6.6 or 6.7 coming out. Im gonna PH tap water to 6 and water with no nutes next time and try to keep it around 6 for now or til I see a reason to change it.

What sucks the most is after all the money Ive spent since I started my journal I still had to go pay for another Oz when I should have been harvesting my own so I had a little tantrum but now I think Im under control or so it seems at the moment.

Im not done with the Farmers Pride or Organics I just need to harvest a few Ozs before my trip so I dont have to buy anymore then Ill work on getting it right.

I ended up getting a White Widow clone and a Sweet Island Skunk clone that day also but the WW only had 2 little hairs for roots when I transplanted so I dont know if its gonna make it or not, Ive been keepin it moist in the Coco so welll see. The Skunk was all root in its solo cup and is doin good so Im happy about that.

I fed the 2 SS plants, that were ready for harvest, to the worms cuz there was nothing to them but leaf and hairs with a little dusting of trichs. I did try to smoke a little but it was harsh and tasted like shit. That left space in the flower tent so I put the remaining SS in flower that same day which was 8 days ago and it is starting to bud already so the countdown begins.

I now have 1 Timewarp seedling, 1 WW clone(kinda), 1 SIS clone and 2 Mango/Mystery plants in veg and 1 PK, 1 PP, AND 1 SS in flower. Too many strains at once Im sure but we shall see. I just like variety and theres WAAAAAAAAAAAAYY too many strains out there to try still lol.

Ill post pics if anyone is still interested I was just layin low for a bit cuz it got quiet in here and I figured everyone was tired of offering advice that wasnt workin for me. I now see it was my screw ups that were screwin me and I honestly was trying everything suggested just not the right way I guess if that makes sense

Well all my flowering is done for now I ended up getting a half oz of dried fluff from the last remaining SS. The PP and PK didnt amount to anything so I made a little butter out of them which is frozen and I have yet to try. I got excited about the SS because after the first week of 12/12 it started flowering and steadily growing buds that looked like they would be good but around week 5 they stopped and the leaves all dried up n died like the rest. I decided fukit Ill let what happens happen. I still have 1 Mango going the TimeWarp and the 2 clones I got a while back Sweet Island Skunk and White Widow, or so I was told anyway. I dont know if I trust the source after finding out the WW wasnt even rooted yet and the SIS had mites which I found out when I got them home and transplanted from his soil to Coco.

Last week after chopping the SS I moved those four to the shower to continue vegging while Im gone and to make sure my new drip feeding setup will work for the amount of time Im away. I ordered a raindrip system online and bought a 10 gallon garbage can with lid for my rez. The plants have tripled in size since moving them under the LED and having the temp and humidity higher than they had in the dash tent. The WW took about 3 weeks to show any growth and now its caught up to the TW which also took forever to grow any. The Mango and SIS took off also and I may have to top them before I leave so they dont out grow the space while Im gone.

Things were lookin great til 2 days ago I started noticing yellowing leaves again on the lower branches that are starting to grow now on the TW and the WW. I feel like I just cant win. Im using the Pureblend Pro Grow and Bloom with Ph in the 5.8 to 6 range. I also add Eco-Nero Kelp but just a Tbs per Gal and not the 2 Oz per Gal the bottle suggests and I added some Cal-Mag+ at 4 Tsp in 6 Gals

Heres the SS before 12/12
DSCF3642.JPG

SS at chop
DSCF48651.JPG
DSCF4866.JPG
DSCF48711.JPG

The unimpressive bounty which didnt amount to much but it does what its meant to do
DSCF4876.JPG

The shower the day I moved them in
DSCF48731.JPG
DSCF48721.JPG
DSCF48751.JPG

Raindrip system and rez
DSCF4877.JPG
DSCF49011.JPG
DSCF48741.JPG

Today
DSCF48841.JPG
DSCF4885.JPG
DSCF48861.JPG
DSCF48911.JPG
DSCF48902.JPG
DSCF4889.JPG
DSCF48991.JPG
DSCF4900.JPG

I kept the SS to reveg for clones for when I get back in April and you can see a little clone in the blue cup thats a SIS clone I put in Coco for the hell of it when I did some pruning a few weeks ago. I didnt use anything on it just stuck it in Coco and kept it wet and in a couple weeks it had roots and I transplanted it into a mix of Coco and the soil I had left from before. I kept it all and soaked it in BPN and let it sit for a couple months and now the PH is good so Im experimenting with it so I can eventually go back to Organics and Farmers Pride.

Last year i had similar issues with some of my plants frying, it was two things 1 was using too much food with the led lights i was flowering with and 2 the hard water softener in the house, try less nutrients next round. Also I have been hearing led growers mentioning higher temps are needed when growing with led lights. Hope this round treats ya better, dont give up dank youll get it

Back
Top Bottom