LlamaBomb's 1st Grow - Multi-Strain

Jesus!! Miss a day miss alot, wouldn't you say? Turn around and boom two huge ass Gorilla Tents, not too shabby :riskybusiness:
You'll love it for sure, it's so much easier and less worrisome while your away knowing that the thing you built just might fail and cause heartaches. Good for you LlamaBomb, :high-five:

KiG :green_heart:cheers
Hehe Snid man.... had too I was hating every minute of feeding and training so wasn't a enjoyable experience plus your quote kept coming back to me. Now it's back to being awesome. Ill keep the tents for other purposes so no big loss either. Next up is some l.e.d.s so the heat is easier to control. Those will be the tits.

Snid as always my friend thanks for stopping by. Cheers bud.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Quick update with a couple pictures only sorry.

April 11th

Decided to germinate 3 more Mighty Mix, 2 more God Bud, 1 more Candy Cane using wet paper towel method again since I had 100% success last time.

April 13th

God Bud "A" + "B" and Mighty Mix "A" had long enough tap root to plant. The rest broke through shell but not long enough to plant yet.

Do I need to start a new grow journal for these or can I just add them since they same strain and such?

Any who I am basically doing these the same way minus my learnt lessons so far, which because of all you and the info on here is a lot. Thanks to all who have commented and even just read silently or passed by :)

In other news I move my untrained mighty mix, untrained indoor mix and both candy canes over to my flower room for some 12-12 1000w hps sunbathing. oooooooooohhh yaaaaa soak those rays hehe.

With some plants out and fans moved and such my room temp and humidity is this:

Veg room 78f 52%
Flower 80.5f 37%

Now pictures or lack of

Flower
f9ac87a33c43ffab3bd22592f6f7d0bb.jpg

b0c9dd8569944eef03f0964117c9a093.jpg

Veg
36913a77c7ac9b5ad6fcb8adbe7bab86.jpg

Promise I'll take better this weekend... Cheers

More plants!! Gotta love that. I would imagine you could keep going in this journal where they are the same strains, changing it to more of a perpetual grow. Wouldn't hurt to ask an admin about it, or maybe they can change the name of the thread and add in that it's a perpetual grow now? Just some ideas, keep up the great work my friend!

More plants!! Gotta love that. I would imagine you could keep going in this journal where they are the same strains, changing it to more of a perpetual grow. Wouldn't hurt to ask an admin about it, or maybe they can change the name of the thread and add in that it's a perpetual grow now? Just some ideas, keep up the great work my friend!
Hehe you know it. Since I moved some out gotta put more in... guess this is going to be more of a perpetual as I don't plan on stopping but I do plan on different strains soon. I want to try as much as possible. I still have to get some pictures of the candy cane close up for you just been busy.... it's really starting to frost up at the top (I was dancing in my tent... don't tell anyone). Cheers my friend. Always a pleasure :)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately I've been super busy with life and work. Also have had a few thing go wrong (nothing major but I have to change few things). Anyways I will update soon. Cheers to all

Hey man, was wondering where ya been. Hope all is well in your world! At least your issue isn't a major thing, could always be worse my friend! I am sure you got it under control anyways. Keep up the good work regardless. Don't let issues get ya down, always stay positive!

Hey man, was wondering where ya been. Hope all is well in your world! At least your issue isn't a major thing, could always be worse my friend! I am sure you got it under control anyways. Keep up the good work regardless. Don't let issues get ya down, always stay positive!
Thanks bud... had one of my MH ballasts go and just now my HPS wasn't turning on for f*ck sakes lol... was going to update with a big LED purchase but I cant wait/afford the ones I want.

I am going to stay with HIDs... going to pick up 2 new 1000w solistek dimmables, 1x 1000watt hortilux MH (pricey guy), 1x 1000watt hortilux HPS, and possibly if money allows 2 air-cooled hoods and another fan and ducting. To keep heat down... then I may be able run less fans per room (as of now I have 2 oscillating, 1 stationary and a exhaust per room) that just keeps temps below 80f at the moment and it's not even summer yet. Don't feel like buying a A/C and having even more power consumption.

What are your guys thoughts on the air-cooled shades? Do they really help the room temperature as I would like to be able to control it more?

That sucks man, hope it's not screwing with your light schedules to much. I personally haven't used the cool tubes but I have heard lots of good things about them. It will not only keep the overall temps down, it will keep the temperatures at the plants canopy a lot cooler. You can even get the lights a little closer to the plants with them as well. Hopefully you wont need an a/c with the cooled hoods, that would be a big bummer. That's the thing I like about growing in my basement, it doesn't get to hot down there in the summer months where it is unfinished and only 1 window letting light in. Can get a little cool during the winter for plants but I have a small space heater for that issue during lights off.

That sucks man, hope it's not screwing with your light schedules to much. I personally haven't used the cool tubes but I have heard lots of good things about them. It will not only keep the overall temps down, it will keep the temperatures at the plants canopy a lot cooler. You can even get the lights a little closer to the plants with them as well. Hopefully you wont need an a/c with the cooled hoods, that would be a big bummer. That's the thing I like about growing in my basement, it doesn't get to hot down there in the summer months where it is unfinished and only 1 window letting light in. Can get a little cool during the winter for plants but I have a small space heater for that issue during lights off.
I got the hps back on so I'm not sure what happened there. I might actually try and setup 2 600s a tent depending on the deal my local guy wants to give me. Will see I guess

Hmm interesting. Now I can't say I know a lot about HID,
I was just wondering if one 600 watt light would be sufficient for one tent? I read somewhere they are pretty efficient no? Cheers! More pics plz! :)

All depends on the size of the tent you want to put the 600w into. One of these lights will cover a 3.5'x3.5' space efficiently. They say a 1000w will cover a 4x4 space. These are just recommended dimensions as well, I have a 430w covering a 4x4 space and seems to work well but less light to the outside edges of my tent (I try to keep my main girls right under it) For your tents llamabomb I would almost go for the 2 600w lights if you can get a good deal on them aside from the 1 1000w. But if you do get the 1000w light it will still do just fine in your tents for sure and would be less wires/plug ins and more room to move around. Let me know what you pick up, cant wait to see more new gear in action over there :)

All depends on the size of the tent you want to put the 600w into. One of these lights will cover a 3.5'x3.5' space efficiently. They say a 1000w will cover a 4x4 space. These are just recommended dimensions as well, I have a 430w covering a 4x4 space and seems to work well but less light to the outside edges of my tent (I try to keep my main girls right under it) For your tents llamabomb I would almost go for the 2 600w lights if you can get a good deal on them aside from the 1 1000w. But if you do get the 1000w light it will still do just fine in your tents for sure and would be less wires/plug ins and more room to move around. Let me know what you pick up, cant wait to see more new gear in action over there :)
Do you happen to know what the heat difference between a 1000w and 2 600w would be? Kinda decides if I need to go air cooled right now or not.

I'm not completely sure to be honest, my light is only a 430w. I would have to say there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference as long as your ballasts are outside the tent. If you have 2 ballasts as compared to 1 this will generate more heat, I keep my ballast outside but it is also an older style one (bigger and bulky).. Wish I had some hands on experience with larger lights to help you out here. I have the feeling that 2 - 600w lights, ballasts and shades would cost more to buy than going with 1 - 1000w with an air cooled hood. You would get more light coverage by having the 2 - 600w because they would be side by side. There are all kinds of things to consider. I seen you said you already have an exhaust in each room plus the fans.. Are these just in-line booster exhaust fans or are they the actual exhaust fan to set up to an air cooled hood? All-in-all, if you are already running 1000w in each room and the temps are sitting at the max they should be, stay with the 1000's. If you go with the 2 - 600's and then realize they bumped your temps up you may have to get more cool air going into the tents or a bigger exhaust. I'm sure the guy at your local store can help you as well but beware, sometimes the stores are going to tell you what you want to hear just to sell more product. Not everyone is like this but it does happen.

I'm not completely sure to be honest, my light is only a 430w. I would have to say there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference as long as your ballasts are outside the tent. If you have 2 ballasts as compared to 1 this will generate more heat, I keep my ballast outside but it is also an older style one (bigger and bulky).. Wish I had some hands on experience with larger lights to help you out here. I have the feeling that 2 - 600w lights, ballasts and shades would cost more to buy than going with 1 - 1000w with an air cooled hood. You would get more light coverage by having the 2 - 600w because they would be side by side. There are all kinds of things to consider. I seen you said you already have an exhaust in each room plus the fans.. Are these just in-line booster exhaust fans or are they the actual exhaust fan to set up to an air cooled hood? All-in-all, if you are already running 1000w in each room and the temps are sitting at the max they should be, stay with the 1000's. If you go with the 2 - 600's and then realize they bumped your temps up you may have to get more cool air going into the tents or a bigger exhaust. I'm sure the guy at your local store can help you as well but beware, sometimes the stores are going to tell you what you want to hear just to sell more product. Not everyone is like this but it does happen.
Yea the options are killing me hehe. Ballasts for 4x 600's, 2x MH, 2x HPS non cooled hoods (or air cooled w/another fan)
Or
Twin 1000w Ballasts with air cooled hoods, 1x MH, 1x HPS, exhaust fan and ducting.
Or
Get 2 of them fancy dual bulb reflectors and run a 1000w MH for veg, 600 HPS + 400 MH for most of flower and finishing off with a 1000hps.

Of course this is all money dependant, which it looks like the two 1000's are the cheaper route.... really want dual 600's though.

Yea I have 3 fans per room and a 6" exhaust fan per room. With the exhaust running full bore during lights on I'm at 80-82f and it's not even summer here so I can see that number raising with nothing but A/C to help (which my buddy said he will give me one free). I just don't want more and more power I rather use less... again choices hehe damn. Oh and ya it seems like the store I go to rather just agree with what you say.... I went in about 5 times just setting stuff up since the guy didn't really say "hey this would work better" or "hey do you have or need this as well"

If you are trying to be more cost effective in the long run and not have to run an a/c go for the 1000's. You will still get a great yield using these. I can't see the extra 200W really helping you in the long run when heat may be an issue come summer time. I am the same way when it comes to power consumption and i only have my 430w hps and 2 - 54w t5's. Even those t5's will be coming out of the tent by the end of the week and not being used until I start more seeds. You shouldn't have many issues running 1000's even when summer comes with a 6" exhaust in each tent plus your other fans. Does it stay relatively cool in your basement during the summer? I think you should be fine without a/c but your climate could be different from mine as well.

If you are trying to be more cost effective in the long run and not have to run an a/c go for the 1000's. You will still get a great yield using these. I can't see the extra 200W really helping you in the long run when heat may be an issue come summer time. I am the same way when it comes to power consumption and i only have my 430w hps and 2 - 54w t5's. Even those t5's will be coming out of the tent by the end of the week and not being used until I start more seeds. You shouldn't have many issues running 1000's even when summer comes with a 6" exhaust in each tent plus your other fans. Does it stay relatively cool in your basement during the summer? I think you should be fine without a/c but your climate could be different from mine as well.
Yea I'm thinking I'll probably just run with 2 dimmable 1000s for now then I can always get 2 more and run 600s in them if I want. My basement is unfinished, I believe like yours. It does warm up a bit, definitely the coolest place. My basement at the moment is 66f and the tent reaches 80-82f as of now with the exhaust pulling full. So my worry is without a/c or air cooled hood I think even 2x 1000s will be warmer.... so basically I think I need the a/c or air cooled hoods for summer

The air cooled hoods would definitely be the way to go before bothering with an a/c unit imo. The hoods will pull the majority of the heat being produced straight out from the light before it gets to the plants canopy, in return still giving you a cooler tent. Also having those dimmable 1000w ballasts would be a benefit so that later down the road if you added a 2nd light to each tent you could control the amount of light and heat better.

The air cooled hoods would definitely be the way to go before bothering with an a/c unit imo. The hoods will pull the majority of the heat being produced straight out from the light before it gets to the plants canopy, in return still giving you a cooler tent. Also having those dimmable 1000w ballasts would be a benefit so that later down the road if you added a 2nd light to each tent you could control the amount of light and heat better.
Totally agree with you... Thanks for the help my friend, appreciate the discussion and the recommendations. Hopefully I'll have time to take pictures for all you fine people :). Cheers bud and again thanks muchly.

Back
Top Bottom