Looking for a Good ADHD Strain

Cannibiphilis fumigus

Hey everyone. I was diagnosed with ADHD and PTSD last year at the age of 55, on top of depression/anxiety. I've been a pothead for 35 years, I suspect subconsciously self-medicating, and now I'm in the process of finding a good strain for myself. As it stands, basically what works is CBD. So I'm mixing some high-CBD weed in with my regular stuff.

I have two Crop King Hash Plants almost ready for harvest, although I'm doing an oven-dry on one of the stalks now to check the progress. It's said to have 12% THC and 3% CBD, which should make it a real good strain for me.

If anyone here has any success stories regarding ADHD and a natural treatment, suggestions are welcome, requested even. Cheerio for now.

Long story brother & sisters, meningitis in early 2000's and almost died leaving me with extreme anxiety due to what the doctors would call "potential brain trauma". I have smoked a ton of strains, as anyone else who has partook (?) of the herb for any length of time. Indicas leave me tired and unmotivated. An awesome Sativa has the potential to spin my brain and cause panic attacks. I have found 1:1's to be spot on for me. Enjoyable anytime of the day. I have only enjoyed 2 strains but they are awesome. CBD Compassion Lime & BlueWater. Blue Water came from a now defunct breeder named RedLineGenetics. Out of 3 successive grows since the original, i have only hit that 1:1 pheno ONCE, since inbreeding the strain. Though that CBD Compassion Lime had more of a soaring yet comforting high. Reason why i mention these, even though i don't have ADHD (i think) is due to my extreme symptoms of anxiety leaving me distracted due to my unrealistic racing thoughts. 1:1 allows me to settle and focus. There are other strains like Shark Shock that touts a 1:1 high.

Grandaddy Purp Is a great strain for ADHD. Lot’s of mellow, and calming , soothing effects. I like to smoke It when I want to relax for the day. 1-2 blunts, and you’ll feel great!
Thanks, Chronic. Never heard of that one. I'm in New Brunswick, by the way, so I get most of my smoke at the store now. One strain from there that does me good is Sensi Star for days when I can't seem to focus on anything; three gaggers of that and the outside world reaches my brain. On a bad day, looking around me is like playing Where's Waldo. On the other end of perception, I unfortunately have yet to find anything, in weed or pharm source, that helps my attention span.

On top of that, I'm undertreated and my Concerta wears off in the afternoon so later in the day I like to get a CBD preroll at the store for the evening to slow down the thoughts for sleep.

I just had two puffs of my Hash Plant a few minutes ago. I decided to oven-dry some for a test run. Time to try another one now; it's not the best way to dry, but when you're in the mood for one and that's all you have...

What's the best weed in the word? The stuff you have on you!

Long story brother & sisters, meningitis in early 2000's and almost died leaving me with extreme anxiety due to what the doctors would call "potential brain trauma". I have smoked a ton of strains, as anyone else who has partook (?) of the herb for any length of time. Indicas leave me tired and unmotivated. An awesome Sativa has the potential to spin my brain and cause panic attacks. I have found 1:1's to be spot on for me. Enjoyable anytime of the day. I have only enjoyed 2 strains but they are awesome. CBD Compassion Lime & BlueWater. Blue Water came from a now defunct breeder named RedLineGenetics. Out of 3 successive grows since the original, i have only hit that 1:1 pheno ONCE, since inbreeding the strain. Though that CBD Compassion Lime had more of a soaring yet comforting high. Reason why i mention these, even though i don't have ADHD (i think) is due to my extreme symptoms of anxiety leaving me distracted due to my unrealistic racing thoughts. 1:1 allows me to settle and focus. There are other strains like Shark Shock that touts a 1:1 high.
Yeah the 1:1 is pretty good, for sure. I like to buy a Balance preroll, which is around 7% CBD and THC. Perfect to mix in with my others. It seems like I only need a few points of a percent for it to kick me into lucidity.

You breed your own seeds? I'm working on a line of autos to breed with some of my favorite strains. My plan for next year is to cross it with a Hash Plant.

@Cannibiphilis fumigus Yes i do breed. I am learning and my room is limited, so it is sllllooooooowwwww going. I haven't tested any thing. I have just recently become able to hold on to a pheno. So now the hunt has begun. I don't run indoors until winter due to heat issues. I am not running AC + lights. We have kids and there are jars of weed just sitting around, so priorities. I breed when i can. I have a pure CBD (AC/DC) that was potentially seeded by a THC male. I have those seeds saved and may grow out this winter. As CBD is a recessive gene, it needs to be bred for, to isolate or risk losing it to the THC gene. So pairing a THC & CBD should produce 25% THC, 50% 1:1, 25% CBD. Breeding is NOT this mathematical and way more complicated than i can fully understand. But the framework is enough to start and forecast what could happen. So i may have some 1:1 seeds that may produce well but smell horrible. Or they may smell great but not yield much. Its a total crap shoot and understandably the uncertainty is enough to deter any grower looking for guaranteed results. The wife allows this hobby, understanding what it does for me. I can't go depleting the proverbial "reservoir" that is my wallet, by buying seeds and clones. Other wise, she may not be so tolerating. I am an ardent DIYer and that bites me in the ass sometimes. What was i talking about...was there a question? (Computah!) LOL

Thanks, Chronic. Never heard of that one. I'm in New Brunswick, by the way, so I get most of my smoke at the store now. One strain from there that does me good is Sensi Star for days when I can't seem to focus on anything; three gaggers of that and the outside world reaches my brain. On a bad day, looking around me is like playing Where's Waldo. On the other end of perception, I unfortunately have yet to find anything, in weed or pharm source, that helps my attention span.

On top of that, I'm undertreated and my Concerta wears off in the afternoon so later in the day I like to get a CBD preroll at the store for the evening to slow down the thoughts for sleep.

I just had two puffs of my Hash Plant a few minutes ago. I decided to oven-dry some for a test run. Time to try another one now; it's not the best way to dry, but when you're in the mood for one and that's all you have...

What's the best weed in the word? The stuff you have on you!
I would definitely try the Granddaddy Purp, I’m assured It would help you. It has a good berry taste to add on to that! Granddaddy Purp has always been a favorite of mine! The CBD version should be what your looking for. I smoke CBD very often for my personals, so as a testimony for the Granddaddy Purple, you definitely have one on that one!

Right on, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I don't think they carry it at the store unless it's some of the higher-end stuff. I just go for affordable.

I tried some of my Hash Plant, oven dried, this morning. As expected, it wasn't overly potent and tasted like lawn cuttings. Going down, it was like a cat trying to claw its way out of my lungs and throat. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't give an accurate account of it haha. I'll give it the remaining time to harvest it right and get a few ounces of high(er)-quality stuff.

The problem with buying it in a store is that they use brand names rather than the strains. Today I got a 5g thingy of Simple Stash (TM) indica for $30.

Where you located anyway? For all I know, I could be telling you something you already know haha.

Mature African sativas = smokable adderall. Focus...

Right on, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I don't think they carry it at the store unless it's some of the higher-end stuff. I just go for affordable.

I tried some of my Hash Plant, oven dried, this morning. As expected, it wasn't overly potent and tasted like lawn cuttings. Going down, it was like a cat trying to claw its way out of my lungs and throat. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't give an accurate account of it haha. I'll give it the remaining time to harvest it right and get a few ounces of high(er)-quality stuff.

The problem with buying it in a store is that they use brand names rather than the strains. Today I got a 5g thingy of Simple Stash (TM) indica for $30.

Where you located anyway? For all I know, I could be telling you something you already know haha.
I’m located In Illinois. There are a few dispensaries out here, most of the time they carry 3.5gs (8ths for between $50.00-$75.00.) Lot’s of great strains. I would just rather grow It on my own Instead of buying an 8th for $50.00, when I could spend that on a 5 pack of seeds, grow 5 plants, and get at least a QP-Pound off each plant! That’s my view on It.

@Cannibiphilis fumigus Yes i do breed. I am learning and my room is limited, so it is sllllooooooowwwww going. I haven't tested any thing. I have just recently become able to hold on to a pheno. So now the hunt has begun. I don't run indoors until winter due to heat issues. I am not running AC + lights. We have kids and there are jars of weed just sitting around, so priorities. I breed when i can. I have a pure CBD (AC/DC) that was potentially seeded by a THC male. I have those seeds saved and may grow out this winter. As CBD is a recessive gene, it needs to be bred for, to isolate or risk losing it to the THC gene. So pairing a THC & CBD should produce 25% THC, 50% 1:1, 25% CBD. Breeding is NOT this mathematical and way more complicated than i can fully understand. But the framework is enough to start and forecast what could happen. So i may have some 1:1 seeds that may produce well but smell horrible. Or they may smell great but not yield much. Its a total crap shoot and understandably the uncertainty is enough to deter any grower looking for guaranteed results. The wife allows this hobby, understanding what it does for me. I can't go depleting the proverbial "reservoir" that is my wallet, by buying seeds and clones. Other wise, she may not be so tolerating. I am an ardent DIYer and that bites me in the ass sometimes. What was i talking about...was there a question? (Computah!) LOL
All kinds of fun with breeding. I crossed an Early Miss auto with a photo two years ago and now I'm back to full autos again, with breedable male and female seeds. I backcrossed one of those with another Early Miss this year so I should now have pretty much what I want. And EM is a White Widow cross anyway, so there's the perfect strain there for another cross for next year for a real potent auto full of trichs.

Unfortunately, I no longer have a grow room. I gave it up so the young guy we took in coud have a room. ADHD like me, plus Asperger's, and much abused by his family. I see a lot of myself in him, and he says he's never been happier. It was worth giving up the grow room (but just barely).

So where you located? If you're in Canada I'd like to propose a little trade. Different strains are always fun to try, and I've been looking for a good CBD strain for another cross.

Mature African sativas = smokable adderall. Focus...
If that's the smokable Adderall, then Sensi Star is the smokable Ritalin. It's the one I know of right now that seems to do best under a wide range of daily fluctuations in concentration. I bought 2g this morning and focus always comes on in a flash right after a head rush.

My Hash Plants are probably going to get cut today so I'll have a smoke report to do on that. It'll be an interesting one because of the two seeds I planted I got two completely different-looking and -smelling phenos.

I’m located In Illinois. There are a few dispensaries out here, most of the time they carry 3.5gs (8ths for between $50.00-$75.00.) Lot’s of great strains. I would just rather grow It on my own Instead of buying an 8th for $50.00, when I could spend that on a 5 pack of seeds, grow 5 plants, and get at least a QP-Pound off each plant! That’s my view on It.
Without a doubt, it's best to grow your own if you got the space. When the stores opened up here in Canada a 3.5 went for about $35 and up. And Cannabis NB was, as a result, the first people in history to lose money in the drug trade. The other day I got a 3.5 for $15, if you can believe that. But mostly they start around $25, which is about the same as black market around here, only much better quaity.

Hey everyone. I was diagnosed with ADHD and PTSD last year at the age of 55, on top of depression/anxiety. I've been a pothead for 35 years, I suspect subconsciously self-medicating, and now I'm in the process of finding a good strain for myself. As it stands, basically what works is CBD. So I'm mixing some high-CBD weed in with my regular stuff.

I have two Crop King Hash Plants almost ready for harvest, although I'm doing an oven-dry on one of the stalks now to check the progress. It's said to have 12% THC and 3% CBD, which should make it a real good strain for me.

If anyone here has any success stories regarding ADHD and a natural treatment, suggestions are welcome, requested even. Cheerio for now.
I really prefer the high CBD strains like Harlequin and Cannatonic. I find the higher CBD than THC helps more than a high THC.

Hjgh CBD does me really good in the evening when my meds wear off. I came off it yesterday and went to bed at 5:30PM, but that was a little extreme. I'm on Concerta, which is a time-release Ritalin, but I can still get only seven hours out of it and no doctor wants to help me out. They're all afraid to modify another's prescription and instead just contradict each other. And to make matters worse, my own doctor has a chip on his shoulder WRT the mental health system. I've brought it up with him in the past and, well, if I left the swear words out, he didn't say anything.

Kind of leaves me hanging from a limb while they go on collecting their pay business-as-usual. Makes a person frustrated and a little(!) cynical of "the system". Sorry for starting a bit of a rant there, but I only took my meds a few minutes ago... I'll use that as my excuse.

And I never did get any plants cut, needless to say. I'll try this afternoon; my niece said she's give me a hand. Maybe I'll buy a bottle of solvent somewhere throughout the morning and make a concentrate with a branch while we're doing it. She's always fascinated with things I have to show her, and I have her tuned right in to the sciences; I seriously hope she chooses that direction after high school. But I diverge again...

Hey guys,
Im on rubifen 10/20/10/20 (60) a day... Instant/slow/instant/slow.
I find different times call for different measures....
At times a great indica to calm the mind / actions and then also a sativa at the right time can bring a heightened sense as well bringing the best out of you.
This is my personal experience only and no two fingerprints are the same.
R&D my friend......

Hey guys,
Im on rubifen 10/20/10/20 (60) a day... Instant/slow/instant/slow.
I find different times call for different measures....
At times a great indica to calm the mind / actions and then also a sativa at the right time can bring a heightened sense as well bringing the best out of you.
This is my personal experience only and no two fingerprints are the same.
R&D my friend......
Different times call for different measures... exactly what I've been finding. And no two days are the same in a row. Yesterday when my meds wore off I was able to carry on as if I were normal (as the saying goes) but the day before I was in bed by 5:30 PM. Seems to be fluctuations in perception and brain activity or something like that. I sat for many a long hour staring out the living room window trying to figure out daily differences in how I focus and concentrate.

But I guess what I'm getting to is that I have to agree with you wholeheartedly in your findings. I like to mix a bit of CBD weed in with my smoke as a supplement to my supplement, let's call it.

On a positive note, I cut my hash plants yesterday and got a nice haul off them. Until they are done, there'll be branches quick-dried along the way (ADHD impulsiveness). Did some this morning and I'm pretty impressed with it.

Attachments

• 20200924_133021.jpg
    20200924_133021.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • 20200924_122612.jpg
    20200924_122612.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom