The Fumigus Looks For The Perfect Strain: All Are Welcome & Recommendations Encouraged

Cannibiphilis fumigus

Greetings everyone and welcome to my world. I'm in Canada, home of the mainstream counterculture. Down East, to be precise, not far from the Bay of Fundy.

Like I say, I'm on the hunt for a good strain for ADHD, and this year I'm growing two Hash Plants to see how it performs for me. It's from Crop King and has 3% CBD (3 - 3.5% according to the lab analysis they linked me to), plus 12% THC. I have good expectations for that one.

I also have a little breeding project on the go with a line of autoflowers I've been growing now for two years. This year I did a backcross with the mother strain (the auto) and next summer I'm going to start on a cross with a Hash Plant to get an auto version of it for a short life cycle.

Other than that, I'll post some pics of my babies when I get some up-to-date ones. I look forward to getting to know you and share knowledge and experience. Cheerio for now.

Hey man! Which Windsor are you in? I think there's three down East, isn't there, NL, NS & NB? I'm a translocated Newfie... no surprise there. I live in Sussex now; have been for 17 years. It's the second home for us Corner Brookers haha.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'm 57 and found out I'm ADHD just last year. So last month I started hitting the pot shop to see what they have that does me good. I've had good results with FIGR #10 brand, aka Sensi Star.

Anyways, gotta run for now. Great to meet ya and I'll get a bit of a journal on the go soon.

Been a busy day, but I finally got some pics of my babies:

DSCI2180.JPG

My two Hash Plants of different phenotypes, and my cat Pothead.

DSCI2176.JPG

This is the sativa-leaning one;

DSCI2179.JPG

and this is the indica-ish one.

DSCI2174.JPG

Sentry on duty. I took a look under magnification today and I saw some green aphids. Gross.

So there's a brief overview of my grow this year. I harvested a few autos earlier but they didn't do well overall. the seeds didn't have a sufficient dormant period. So in a few weeks these will be cut and dries for smoke and I'll probably do some oil or something with the popcorn buds and shake.

Yeah, so here's the little bastards that decided to take up domicile on my plants. Time to do some reading. Not bad, though; this was my fourth or fifth year growing and the first time with bugs of any consequence.
PSX_20200911_183100.jpg

Hey flytie! Nice to see you back on the site and out the other side of all you were going through. I'm in for the show.
:ciao:
Thanks man. I missed everyone here, that's for sure. Had a pretty traumatic time getting arrested and having a whole lot of abuse come back to me. I didn't do anything to anyone; I'm not the type. I was just caught with stuff I shouldn't have had in a maladaptive attempt to cope.

On top of all that I had to deal with some severe workplace harassment and a suicide in the family, not to mention being diagnosed with ADHD and PTSD. Oh, yeah, and 6 months in the slammer. That was so nice and peaceful.

On the plus side, I don't know if you remember me mentioning a couple years ago that I wanted to breed a line of autoflowers? I got my F4 generation of seeds this year and it's a backcross with the mother strain (CKS Early Miss) to kind of lock down some of the traits. I'll do a test grow in the spring and if they turn out good, and there's no reason why not, I want to start all over again breeding an autoflower Hash Plant.

So that's the last two years in three paragraphs. I'm thinking that next spring I may send some of my seeds around for a group grow. That Jack Herer auto grow went on right when things started getting screwed up for me and I want to get some of my seeds out around anyway. See what people think of them.

So welcome to my new page Shed, and may it go without incident (for fuck sakes).

Beautiful plants and a cat with one of the coolest names I’ve heard for a cat...I’m in! :passitleft:
Thanks man! Another one of my cats, Spliff, was wandering somewhere around the yard at the time. He'll eventually show up here. I call her Pothead because she has a long history of eating my indoor plants.

Welcome back Flytier, looking forward to your Auto project.
Thanks Penny. I want to get a few people here growing them to see what can be done with them. They're males and females so who knows what can be done for crosses. That's my plan anyway. Seems to be a few of the adventurous types here who may be interested hint hint.

I’m sure you could get a comparative going easy.
I have two lots of seeds, both gotten this summer. One is a backcross with a female parent strain and the other is not backcrossed. Make a nice comparison there.
They'll probably be ready in a few weeks but I want to give them a dormant period that I'll be comfortable with.

Interested?

DDAs? Not familiar. Interested in trying a couple of mine maybe? If I do a group grow it'll have to wait till spring. My grow room got converted to a bedroom when we took in a teenage guy with a few issues of his own. So much like me it almost hurts to see him, but it's good to have him here. I don't have to explain all my analogies and metaphors to him; he already knows.

DDA is Dark Devil Auto. It's inconsistent in harvest and produces loads of different phenos, but the purple ones are practically black after curing, smell great, and definitely lean sativa. I've grown four so far. I'm not sure about trying new auto strains since I rarely have any luck with them outside with small yields and aphids.

We do have a ton of auto growers here though!

No rush anyway. They're still dormant for a while. I'll find a few people by the spring.

If you remember, I like my nights early so I'll get hold of you tomorrow. Have a good night, over and out. Nice to be back.

Back
Top Bottom