Low budget way to get rid of weed odor

wow getting rid of dank at getting spareribs at the same time. :adore: you are of a godlike stature to me now. ALL hail the mighty bringer of roasted to perfection MEAT :circle-of-love:

Just got an idea. for the fun of it im gonna try to make a odor control out of that rubble cats shit in. that must be odor controlling as well. just for the fun of it. And will call it my superior cat sh*t sucking system by R.I.G.S TM. :)

just so i could say when people ask what i use as oder control in my closet. i can say Oh yeah man thats my Cat sh*t sucking system 2,0 By R.I.G.S TM. man state of the art. (even tho i know its actually the 1,0 version) its gonna be AWEEESOME :allgood: Okay maybe the name is a tad to long but AWEEESOME

Nivek, you are amazing!

So glad I ran into this thread...is exactly what I was thinking for the upcoming season...my lil home op is an outdoor shed grow(spring to fall) for a dozen plants(medicinal)...currently have two bathroom fans T'd into one 4 inch exhaust...which can get a bit smelly...especially when it's next to my tomato greenhouse...that family just luv's to check out...plus the damn neighbors have taken to coming out to the cottage more!...was thinkin' due to the small diameter exhaust, to crush the briquets and put in nylon hose or whatever...but don't want to restrict air flow...maybe a half dozen or so briquets in a onion bag in each trunk would work and allow better air flow...fwiw...air intake is passive and two oscillating fans in room for air movement...any/all thoughts welcomed and appreciated...as always...h00k...

In my case I took a plastic bucket. The same diameter as a five gallon bucket but shorter so maybe 3 gal or so. One that I had a lid for. I found a planting pot that jammed snugly over the end of my grow out-vent pipe (7" pipe in my case). Drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom and sides of the pot. Then you should cut a hole in the Bottom of the 3 gallon bucket- big enough that the pot slides down all the way in till it hits the lip that runs around it's edge and comes to a stop fitting snugly. Next turn the bucket with the pot in it right side up, fill it with briquets and put the lid on. It's important that you cut the hole in the bottom of the bucket so that you can just turn it over and fill it up. If you cut the hole in the lid it's a whole different ballgame. Though I had fIgured this out beforehand, in a stoned moment I went and cut the hole for the pot in the bucket lid anyway. Doh! So... Instead of drilling a bunch of holes in the bucket lid for air intake as I'd planned- Instead I just laid a piece of cloth over the top of bucket, then jammed on the lid, using the accidental hole to draw air through and the cloth to retain the briquets. Then I cut the hole in the proper end, jammed the whole contraption on the vent pipe. The air draws through this way:

Grow room ➡️ 7" hole I accidentally cut in end of bucket ➡️ Cloth ➡️ bucket of briquets ➡️well perforated planting pot ➡️ 7" pipe ➡️Inline fan ➡️ More 7" pipe➡️ Outside world

Caulk joins as needed. No smell coming through except the smell of fresh briquets. I haven't had to really use it yet though so I took it off. It's kind of an emergency backup for my veg room which occasionally gets some overflow smell from my flower room. Once in a while there will be a dank wiff which makes me nervous, but not right at the moment. I'll stick it on when I need it. Hope that helps, if you can make sense of the overly confusing description. Could post a pic on the weekend if need be.

Nice way charcoal filters nicely but I have always used a charcoal screen which is two Window screens with charcoal in the center and there are many ways to build one

found this on another site
Found this on another site don't know if it works will try it and let ya's know

Air Scrubber

TOOLS YOU WILL NEED...
Scissors
Flathead Scewdriver
Can Opener

MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED...
46 fl. OZ can of fruit juice
Duct Tape
Panty Hose
6"x6" Aluminum screen
Container of activated carbon (pet aisle)
Duct Clamp

Now that we have our materials in our workspace, let's begin.

We start by opening the can of juice. Pour it in another container or drink it, because you don't want to waste it. Then open the other side, rinse out, and remove the label. Our next step is to cut the square of aluminum screen using our scissors. Cut the corners to make the square a circle. Once this is done, secure the screen to the bottom of the filter using duct tape. This prevents any sagging from the panty hose. The next step is to secure the panty hose to the filter using duct tape. This prevents any charcoal debris from spilling out of the filterNow, after rinsing our charcoal, we pour it into the filter.Once this is done, we can secure our filter to our exhaust vent using the duct clamp. Just place it around the device in a snug spot and tighten it with the screwdriver. Make sure it's on there good, or the filter might fall off.
This filter can be produced for very cheap, less than 30 dollars. It's MUCH more effective than other scrubbers using carbon air filters. Do yourself a favor and make it as stealthy as possible... No smell, no questions.

And remember to change your carbon every 3 months!

I got both my tents running to a single 20lb bag. 6 inch fan and duct work. This works very well for me.
20150606_134350.jpg
20150606_134358.jpg

I get the first pic.. 2, 6" hoses carefully put and held just in the bag. GOOTown. exhaust holes in bag??

but I cant get perspective on the second pic..

I have rectangular cat litter containers, one filled with 6" holes in either end (one top, one bottom) with screen for dust and be used as a thru filter?? hot smelly air in, hot, no smell out to attic? and I just bought a phresh filter...

No one else has mentioned it, but you should be using hardwood charcoal for this, not briquets. The hardwood charcoal is lighter, fluffier (not compressed with a binder), and a much higher surface area, which is the whole idea of activated carbon.

either way this is amazingly ghetto
+reps to the op for ingenuity

Nice way charcoal filters nicely but I have always used a charcoal screen which is two Window screens with charcoal in the center and there are many ways to build one

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this jboy. I seem to recall seeing something like this sometime, but no idea where.

Back
Top Bottom