Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Hey 420 Just out of curiosity, ever give any thought to using 1 gallon hempy containers? Was researching more and found grower jrosek who had 4x4 room with 600w light and 25 - 1 gallon internal reservoirs buckets (hempy without the drain hole) and got 2 lbs with this setup :whoa::whoa:

Hey fied heres a good one, I know you dont start booster until day 10 but if your at or between days 21-35 and been on booster a few weeks and you start burning what do you lower first booster or base nutes? Or even after the second booster feeding you show born do you cut booster by 25% or cut base by 25% or what % do you use or what formula do you use I know that youve posted your schedule and ive looked back at it several times and you never speak of tip burn on any of your ladies.
So just me being a SOG grow inspired by YOU im wondering do you ever pull back any? thanks

Ps and after fied wr can all fall in line ;)

Hey fied,

Could you tell me how to build a 50 plant cloner? Pause.........

Before I would ever consider asking a question in a journal, I would at least read the whole journal.
I really appreciate the patience of the veterans on this site. You guys appreciate the enthusiasm of
the noobies without being condescending and are very helpful.

I have attended 420fied University for a couple of years now. I was late this semester, but luckily I
found a seat. I found your new journal last week just one day before my Eco 633 pump arrived and
allowed me to complete my now obsolete cloner. (quiet chuckle).

Thanks for all your hard work and patience. Your journals remind me of a duck gliding across a pond.
We see the beauty of the duck, but I know you are paddling like hell under the surface. I know you
are good so I will just wish you luck. Looking forward to the new year.
I

Its like waiting for the next episode of your fav show waiting for updates. You could probably rent out seats in your grow room! Hope all is well, I'm sure you're working hard. But then again its not work when you enjoy it!

I have bin reading your journals for a long time never left any input but i felt the need to now. I am inspired to make my own journal.
I do use the pepsi bottles. just at a much lower scale 3 plants go 12/12 every Monday. As soon as My new LED's get here next Monday i will start my own journal. As that is the last piece to my creation currently using cfl's. Thanks for all the info I dont have any questions about the way u grow it is well explained if you read all of your grows.

But i would like to know if you have any up dates on the tester you was doing in the 20oz mtn dew bottle :p

Hi Prbud,

First let me say that I'm glad that you decided to chime in. The more input and feedback we get here, the better the grow journal becomes. I'm excited that you'll be starting your own grow journal. I've been growing for years and I find that I enjoy the runs I make while journaling on 420Mag much more than the ones I make without sharing it with this community. I think you'll get lots of great advice as this site is packed with knowledgeable growers. I hope you find success with your new LED setup.

Here's an update on our little 20 oz friend. Day 43 and looking sexy.

20oz_dy43_1.JPG
20oz_dy43_2.JPG

Please stop back by and partake in the discussions with us. Good growing.

Hey 420 Just out of curiosity, ever give any thought to using 1 gallon hempy containers? Was researching more and found grower jrosek who had 4x4 room with 600w light and 25 - 1 gallon internal reservoirs buckets (hempy without the drain hole) and got 2 lbs with this setup :whoa::whoa:

Jro is the man. He's the first guy to bring defoliation to these forums (the first that I read anyway). I'm aware of the grow that you referenced and I have toyed with the idea of using different sized pots on several occasions but always settled back on the 2Liters after running the math/numbers. I'm not saying that 2 Liters are better than the 1 gallon pots, only that they're better for my particular style. I like the 4" footprint of the 2 Liter. I actually have about (50) 1 gallon trash cans with holes poked in them just sitting in my closet. Maybe someday.....

Good growing

Hey fied heres a good one, I know you dont start booster until day 10 but if your at or between days 21-35 and been on booster a few weeks and you start burning what do you lower first booster or base nutes? Or even after the second booster feeding you show born do you cut booster by 25% or cut base by 25% or what % do you use or what formula do you use I know that youve posted your schedule and ive looked back at it several times and you never speak of tip burn on any of your ladies.
So just me being a SOG grow inspired by YOU im wondering do you ever pull back any? thanks

Ps and after fied wr can all fall in line ;)

Thanks for the kind words and GREAT question. It's funny that you bring this up as Corey and I discussed this briefly on the telephone the other day. I frequently will experience a small bit of tip burn. The reason for this is that I want to feed my plants with as much as they'll take without burning -- giving them the greatest chance to develop all of the bud that they can -- Many times I'll run them a tad hot and burn the tips, sometimes even getting a burn mark on a fan or two. You can actually see a little burn on the fans of a couple of the plants in this picture taken tonight.

proper_sog.JPG

I'd rather feed them enough to take them to the limit(seeing tip burn), than leave them short on fuel. If I see a little burn I certainly don't panic. The Hempy medium drains beautifully and it's very easy to flush. If I see a little burn I'll just flush them with plain water, skip the next feed day, and then get them right back into the feeding rotation.

Now to answer your question... I cut back on my base nutes rather than the Liquid Blue. I don't have a specific reason for cutting back the base as opposed to the booster, that's just what I do. Also, I can't give you a set cutback % as the amount depends on the age and size of the plant as well as how much I had fed it in the first place. All I can say is that I have experienced it enough that I know how to handle it. I wish I could give a better guideline but this is the truth.

I've even burned them up on purpose to see how it would affect production. Amazingly, even when fried, they still produced.

feb12budz.JPG

I wish I had a more scientific answer but I don't. This is where feel and experience come into play for me.

Good growing.

Hey fied,

Could you tell me how to build a 50 plant cloner? Pause.........

Before I would ever consider asking a question in a journal, I would at least read the whole journal.
I really appreciate the patience of the veterans on this site. You guys appreciate the enthusiasm of
the noobies without being condescending and are very helpful.

I have attended 420fied University for a couple of years now. I was late this semester, but luckily I
found a seat. I found your new journal last week just one day before my Eco 633 pump arrived and
allowed me to complete my now obsolete cloner. (quiet chuckle).

Thanks for all your hard work and patience. Your journals remind me of a duck gliding across a pond.
We see the beauty of the duck, but I know you are paddling like hell under the surface. I know you
are good so I will just wish you luck. Looking forward to the new year.
I

Now this post made me laugh out loud more than once. Well played JOS. Hilarious, in fact. The fact that you know the Eco633 is obsolete shows me that you've done some reading.... lol. And to speak to that, I want to address the cloning issues that I faced before figuring out WTF was going on.

When I was using more spray heads and a higher GPH pump in my cloners, I would often see a black stress ring form on the clones. This basically halted any root production, and if they had roots, it halted their growth and the plants grew as runts in the flower room. I tried fooling with the PH of the water, the neoprene pucks, etc. and during the course of my adjustments I downsized my manifolds, cut the number of spray heads in half, and lowered the GPH of the pumps in my cloners. This has all but eliminated the 'black ring of death' as I call it.

However, I recently built a 4th cloner and left the 400GPH pump at full go just to see if my theory would prove true and it did. Out of a full lid of 50 clones, 16 exhibited the black ring. I don't have a picture of one in the cloners but will snap a pic the next time I encounter it. Here's where it shows on my strain... it's justa black stress ring from the water pounding on the stems of the clones.

b_ring_1.JPG
b_ring_2.JPG

However, I do have a picture of what the stress ring looks like/becomes on a planted clone as I have a few in the flower room off of that lid I spoke of. They make it, they're just stunted badly.

b_ring_flwr.JPG

This leads to other aero cloning adjustments. I have found that I leave too much of my stem below the neoprene puck and have started amending that with the current lid. I am now lightly agitating the stem of the clones approx 1" up from the bottom, dipping them in clonex gel, and sticking them in the cloners. Here's a picture of a clone that's 6 days old under this regimen. I'll learn and report more on this as I progress.

dippedlid_1.JPG

I love your analogy of the duck. It's true that there's a lot of hard work that goes into running my operation but to me it isn't work. I love this. Thanks for the well wishes during the coming year and I hope you'll stop back by and join in the discussions with us.

May all your nugs be dense.

Its like waiting for the next episode of your fav show waiting for updates. You could probably rent out seats in your grow room! Hope all is well, I'm sure you're working hard. But then again its not work when you enjoy it!

HAHA.. good stuff steve. You're right about being hard at work tonight, though. I fed the entire flower room, cleaned cloners, cut clones, and then made my way on here. You're also right about me enjoying it. I love it.

I'm glad you're tuned in.

Good growing.

Plants require a balanced supply of nutrients throughout their development. But, Generally, they have accumulated most of their nutrients by sometime between flowering and ripening stages. Approximately 50 to 90 percent of N and P in the plant at flowering moves from the leaves and stem to the developing bud. Therefore, low nutrient uptake early in a plant’s growth lowers nutrient quantity for the bud, affecting both yield and quality. Potassium is what is needed for fattening and making nugs more dense. The liquid blue is 10% potassium. 420fied used his keen sense of observation to figure this out. That is the art. Fied is a gifted grower. The science is the easy part...to me at least :)

Thanks for the kind words and GREAT question. It's funny that you bring this up as Corey and I discussed this briefly on the telephone the other day. I frequently will experience a small bit of tip burn. The reason for this is that I want to feed my plants with as much as they'll take without burning -- giving them the greatest chance to develop all of the bud that they can -- Many times I'll run them a tad hot and burn the tips, sometimes even getting a burn mark on a fan or two. You can actually see a little burn on the fans of a couple of the plants in this picture taken tonight.

proper_sog.JPG

I'd rather feed them enough to take them to the limit(seeing tip burn), than leave them short on fuel. If I see a little burn I certainly don't panic. The Hempy medium drains beautifully and it's very easy to flush. If I see a little burn I'll just flush them with plain water, skip the next feed day, and then get them right back into the feeding rotation.

Now to answer your question... I cut back on my base nutes rather than the Liquid Blue. I don't have a specific reason for cutting back the base as opposed to the booster, that's just what I do. Also, I can't give you a set cutback % as the amount depends on the age and size of the plant as well as how much I had fed it in the first place. All I can say is that I have experienced it enough that I know how to handle it. I wish I could give a better guideline but this is the truth.

I've even burned them up on purpose to see how it would affect production. Amazingly, even when fried, they still produced.

feb12budz.JPG

I wish I had a more scientific answer but I don't. This is where feel and experience come into play for me.

Good growing.

Plants require a balanced supply of nutrients throughout their development. But, Generally, they have accumulated most of their nutrients by sometime between flowering and ripening stages. Approximately 50 to 90 percent of N and P in the plant at flowering moves from the leaves and stem to the developing bud. Therefore, low nutrient uptake early in a plant’s growth lowers nutrient quantity for the bud, affecting both yield and quality. Potassium is what is needed for fattening and making nugs more dense. The liquid blue is 10% potassium. 420fied used his keen sense of observation to figure this out. That is the art. Fied is a gifted grower. The science is the easy part...to me at least :)

It's valuable input like this as well as excellent customer service, on TOP of making the best nutes in the business, that has won you a customer for life.

I know you're a busy guy. We've talked about it. I just want you to know that your feedback is priceless and I'm thrilled that you take the time after your long days to participate in my grow journals.

:Namaste:

so you changed cloner to smaller pump? my connection to my manifold broke and only got enough plants for my led but bought a new hps to up my harvest....plus without knowing after seeing your posts i noticed i too may have experienced that B.R.D. so debating of fixing cloner or replanting the 2l's i got now into 5gallon hempies or something...your grow is looking amazing so i'm taking it your diggin those light movers?

so you changed cloner to smaller pump? my connection to my manifold broke and only got enough plants for my led but bought a new hps to up my harvest....plus without knowing after seeing your posts i noticed i too may have experienced that B.R.D. so debating of fixing cloner or replanting the 2l's i got now into 5gallon hempies or something...your grow is looking amazing so i'm taking it your diggin those light movers?

Yes. Check out post #101 on page 7 of this thread.

Thank you. The jury is still out on the light movers. I'll have to accumulate some harvest data before I make that decision. The plants aren't going to be as tall or pack as much weight as in my old setup, but one definite positive is that my (2) lights are covering a grow footprint that I would otherwise need (6) lights to cover.

My gut tells me that once I get my new space dialed in, I'll be a big fan of the movers.

Good growing.

Thanks again for all the information you share 420fied. :Namaste:

I'm about to build my first aerocloner, so the recent discussion here caught my interest. I knew I had read a really good DIY thread in the past. I went to check out yours to see if you answered the question I had. Guess what? That thread I recalled reading was yours! LOL + reps :)

I'm going back through the cloner thread. I'll post there if I can't find where you have answered my question. Thanks again! I appreciate how eager you are to help everyone and share your experience. Kudos!

Thanks again for all the information you share 420fied. :Namaste:

I'm about to build my first aerocloner, so the recent discussion here caught my interest. I knew I had read a really good DIY thread in the past. I went to check out yours to see if you answered the question I had. Guess what? That thread I recalled reading was yours! LOL + reps :)

I'm going back through the cloner thread. I'll post there if I can't find where you have answered my question. Thanks again! I appreciate how eager you are to help everyone and share your experience. Kudos!

You're quite welcome. If you can't find what you're looking for just leave the question here and I'll be happy to answer it.

As I stated to another grower in this thread.... I always told myself that if I was ever fortunate enough to bank some quality knowledge based on experience, that I would someday play it forward and help others. So here we are.

Growers helping Growers

:peace:

I got a question for ya 420. When you started from seed did you use regular or feminized seeds? Do you think it makes a difference? All I've used is fem, but I've heard people say that the quality from reg is superior. What are your thoughts or experiences?

Edit- now that I typed it it seems like you might have mentioned this previously. Sorry if that's the case, I didn't see it when I went back through.

420fied thanks for the quick response. I think when i start my Journal im gona do some in 20oz bottles also. Gona pick up a new cam soon Just for the Journal. Any way u could show a pic side by side with a 2L of the same age. or how tall it is compared to one in the 2L. thanks

Back
Top Bottom