Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

hey 420fied.

listen, ive not been tracking your journal for a while now, will catch up at some point.
but i have discovered something that you might like to hear.

im treating fungus gnats with h202 and superthrive. when i used both in the same rez my plants drooped all over the place, serious over watering style symptoms and i thought i had because i double watered them, once to wet the soil and then again a couple hours later with my enriched water.

however i recently watered the same way and using 4x the dosage of h202, but this time no superthrive in the mix...so even tho the dose is MUCH higher than has been reccomended to me to kill gnats, i see no upset whatsoever.

this has led me to the conclusion that the reason your clonex clones droop and my plants did is hormones.
maybe its a shock type scenario or maybe like humans with an overdose of adrenaline, we go all weak and shakey afterwards.

but im sure clonex is hormone enriched right? same with the superthrive, so i think we have found the commonality =)

hey 420fied.

listen, ive not been tracking your journal for a while now, will catch up at some point.
but i have discovered something that you might like to hear.

im treating fungus gnats with h202 and superthrive. when i used both in the same rez my plants drooped all over the place, serious over watering style symptoms and i thought i had because i double watered them, once to wet the soil and then again a couple hours later with my enriched water.

however i recently watered the same way and using 4x the dosage of h202, but this time no superthrive in the mix...so even tho the dose is MUCH higher than has been reccomended to me to kill gnats, i see no upset whatsoever.

this has led me to the conclusion that the reason your clonex clones droop and my plants did is hormones.
maybe its a shock type scenario or maybe like humans with an overdose of adrenaline, we go all weak and shakey afterwards.

but im sure clonex is hormone enriched right? same with the superthrive, so i think we have found the commonality =)

Once you read the journal and catch up you'll see that the wilt problem has already been solved. All it takes is a simple misting of the clones after they're dipped in clonex gel and then placed in the neoprene pucks.

Once you read the journal and catch up you'll see that the wilt problem has already been solved. All it takes is a simple misting of the clones after they're dipped in clonex gel and then placed in the neoprene pucks.
ah but then treating the symptoms isnt the same as understanding the cause, and it was just a theory i had to share right away or i might have forgotten ;)

Hey 420 random question. You saw the little roots that are starting to form on my clones. Im going away from the 23rd to the 28th on a cruise and dont have any automatic watering system set up yet. Do you think the clones would be ok if left in the cloner until Feb 28th? (just huge roots I would guess lol)

Hey 420 random question. You saw the little roots that are starting to form on my clones. Im going away from the 23rd to the 28th on a cruise and dont have any automatic watering system set up yet. Do you think the clones would be ok if left in the cloner until Feb 28th? (just huge roots I would guess lol)

I've left clones in the cloner for a month before. You'll just have to see how long the roots are and how the clones look come the 23rd and then make the call.

Hey there brother. Quick question your way :blushsmile:

Do you find clones with a healthy root system but weak top worth planting? I have exactly one that's showing a rather weak top, but good branchy roots. I'm going to plant it anyway and check out the results for myself. Just interested in what you would do in such a case.

May whatever God you pray to bless you for the patience of answering all these questions :laughtwo: over n over..

GiGa, as 420fied already pointed out, Corey provided a nice explanation. He also added a quick set of slides that further explain.

In short, it's about tweaking vapor pressure around the leaf by misting/humidifying. Water will evaporate off the leaves rather than through them, and that keeps them from wilting for some good ol' H2O.

Hey there brother. Quick question your way :blushsmile:

Do you find clones with a healthy root system but weak top worth planting? I have exactly one that's showing a rather weak top, but good branchy roots. I'm going to plant it anyway and check out the results for myself. Just interested in what you would do in such a case.

May whatever God you pray to bless you for the patience of answering all these questions :laughtwo: over n over..

Vigorous roots are the most important factor. I've planted some awfully rough looking clones who had good root systems that finished beautifully.

;)

Hi 420fied love your work and has inspired me!! it would be interesting if you could get a couple of companies to donate some LEDS to do a table comparison on HPS yields vs LED with your current set-up.

I'm starting a smaller grow with dual spec cfl on mother clone in one tent and using the 300 watt LED clones in flowering tent using the hempy 2 litre bottles, growing 8- 12 clones. My 300 watt LED are using the 3w chip using 180 watt electricity with 14600 lumens. I also run 3.4 kw solar array on house roof which produces 15 -21 kw per day with feed in tariff. I'm aiming at breaking even with hopefully good yields. I will be starting my journal in a few weeks. I think your set-up would suit LED lights and save even more cash on electricity bills.

I bought from this Chinese company and they can tailor make to your needs.
Reflector Design 300w Led Grow Light Growth Flower Switches LED Grow Lamp Panel | eBay

600 watt:
Reflector 600w Led Grow Light Growth Flower Switches Hydroponie Grow Lamp Panel | eBay

Hi 420fied love your work!! it would be interesting if you could get a company to donate some LEDS to do a table comparison on HPS yields vs LED with your current set-up. I'm starting a smaller grow with dual spec cfl on mother clone in one tent and 300 watt LED clones in flowering tent using hempy 2 litre bottles growing 8 clones. My 300 watt LED I have are using the 3w chip using 180watt electricity. I also run 3.4 kw solar array on house roof which produces 15 -21 kw per day.

I bought from this Chinese company and they can tailor make to your needs.
Reflector Design 300w Led Grow Light Growth Flower Switches LED Grow Lamp Panel | eBay

600 watt:
Reflector 600w Led Grow Light Growth Flower Switches Hydroponie Grow Lamp Panel | eBay

Thanks Tribal,

I appreciate the info but must admit that I've never looked into LED lights. I know several growers are using them but I haven't read/researched much about them. I'll visit the links you posted and have a look.

Please feel free to stop back by and chime in.

Good Growing

there use to be a grower on here named irishboy who was an avid hempy bucket grower (where i first learned) and also an advocate of led lights. he bought from a guy in the usa that had them manufactured in china. he had 5 gallon buckets for hempys and grew massive plants. he didn't do a true side by side but he ran one grow hps and one grow led and the led packed on more crystals and made denser buds from what he saw (without changing neuts or any other variable). so leds do work but this particular model was in the process of being patented and out preformed all other leds. 300w = 600w hps and 600w = 1000w hps. anyway led are deff the way to go for summer growing if you don't have the funds for air conditioning or air hoods. i don't want to start a led vs hps debate i'm just sharing my observations with irishboy's (skilled growers) journals. i believe i use to see bassman in his threads so he could concur.

there use to be a grower on here named irishboy who was an avid hempy bucket grower (where i first learned) and also an advocate of led lights. he bought from a guy in the usa that had them manufactured in china. he had 5 gallon buckets for hempys and grew massive plants. he didn't do a true side by side but he ran one grow hps and one grow led and the led packed on more crystals and made denser buds from what he saw (without changing neuts or any other variable). so leds do work but this particular model was in the process of being patented and out preformed all other leds. 300w = 600w hps and 600w = 1000w hps. anyway led are deff the way to go for summer growing if you don't have the funds for air conditioning or air hoods. i don't want to start a led vs hps debate i'm just sharing my observations with irishboy's (skilled growers) journals. i believe i use to see bassman in his threads so he could concur.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm definitely going to give them a look because this summer I'm upgrading everything.

Yes. Up to this point, I've been forced to feed plants of different ages, different levels of nutrients. Therefore, I mix it gallon by gallon.
However, going forward, I'll be planting full tables at a time so the entire table will be on the same feed schedule which will make life a little easier on me.
Hey Fied, your grow is looking beautiful. I have flowering plants of various ages and mix up a big batch at ppm to accommodate the oldest and then dilute as needed to appropriate ppm for the younger plants. Do you think that's ok, or should I re-think it? Thanks, MJ

The cause and explanation can be found on page 37, post #548 where Corey lays it all out for us.

indeed his post does indeed give a great explination into water pressure shortage based wilting.
i do not however see how it explains why a clone with clonex wilts compared to another clone from the same cuttings that doesnt without.

its ok. ill just go about my business. appologies for offering theories, ill not bother again ;)

indeed his post does indeed give a great explination into water pressure shortage based wilting.
i do not however see how it explains why a clone with clonex wilts compared to another clone from the same cuttings that doesnt without.

its ok. ill just go about my business. appologies for offering theories, ill not bother again ;)

You're missing the point. I was looking for the solution to my wilting problem and I found it. That's all I'm concerned with. As for the theories of the hows and whys of clonex clones wilting vs. non clonex clones.....well...I'll leave that up to a master grower/scientist like you to figure out....

Hey Fied, your grow is looking beautiful. I have flowering plants of various ages and mix up a big batch at ppm to accommodate the oldest and then dilute as needed to appropriate ppm for the younger plants. Do you think that's ok, or should I re-think it? Thanks, MJ

How is it working for you? The dilution I mean. If what you're doing is working, don't change it.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom