LST and leaf removal

Hi Travis.. have you seen @InTheShed 's tutorial on this? It's an active thread and a great place to learn LST.

Hi Travis.. have you seen @InTheShed 's tutorial on this? It's an active thread and a great place to learn LST.

Cool. Thanks.
Was looking for that one. This time I'll bookmark it.

Leave the leaves on for now mate. If they're in the way either tuck them under or "ponytail" them for a few hours each day. I'm a heavy defoller but best to give em another week or 2 before you start chopping them up. Let them get a good root system first so they don't stress out when you do it.

Leave the leaves on for now mate. If they're in the way either tuck them under or "ponytail" them for a few hours each day. I'm a heavy defoller but best to give em another week or 2 before you start chopping them up. Let them get a good root system first so they don't stress out when you do it.
I would leave them for now...they need them for decent root development....plenty of time to chop them later.

:goodluck:
Thanks.
I'll hold off on the trim. I may remove a leaf that is sitting down on top of the perlite. But that's just one.

Funny this came up this morning, I'm wondering the exact thing! My situation seems pertinent, I hope you don't mind me chiming in here. When do you know when to trim? This LA Confidential is very bushy. I lost one big fan leaf a couple weeksago but other than that I haven't done any cutting besides being topped. Things are crowded in there!

Funny this came up this morning, I'm wondering the exact thing! My situation seems pertinent, I hope you don't mind me chiming in here. When do you know when to trim? This LA Confidential is very bushy. I lost one big fan leaf a couple weeksago but other than that I haven't done any cutting besides being topped. Things are crowded in there!
So far the only trimming I am seeing done is when you are doing a manifold. Remove nods one and two and so on. But for LST it seem that you are just trimming for air flow and such that we all do anyways. Course I won't have this issue once they grow up some. They seem so small at this stage.

Haha that s how my turn out as well mate. Drives me mad. Raise the light a bit for a week and they'll stretch out a bit more and become a bit more manageable. Watch your nutes too. Bit heavy by the look of it. Quarter strength is all you need just now.

Back
Top Bottom