LST is this ok? Advice, opinions

Wulves

I have never LST before so I gave it my best.
Almost every step I've taken I have asked for all your opinions and advice.
So asking you all now , do you see anything here with this LST that should be changed or am I good to go ?
Thank you as always :peace:

Sorry forgot the photos

Attachments

• 20190322_012509.jpg
    20190322_012509.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 20190322_012458.jpg
    20190322_012458.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 161
Some people take a small object, like a soft edge rock, and place it at the base of the stalk. They "bend" the plant over it, then tie it like you have done there. However, what you have will work just fine.

Yeah looks like a good start mate. Little tip for you, if you use liquid scillica in the feed it practically turns the woodwork to rubber. Makes the plants infinitely more flexible and a lot harder to snap when your tying them down. Need to ph adjust your nutes after adding it cos it's really high ph but really is a miracle product for plant training.

Yeah looks like a good start mate. Little tip for you, if you use liquid scillica in the feed it practically turns the woodwork to rubber. Makes the plants infinitely more flexible and a lot harder to snap when your tying them down. Need to ph adjust your nutes after adding it cos it's really high ph but really is a miracle product for plant training.
Thanks snowed in here but I will be free soon to travel to pick up some scillica , I hope. :peace: TY

I love silica and give 2ml per gallon every time my plants get water.

Silica is an extra that isn't necessary but does have its place.

As far as the LST...I agree with others that putting something at the base of the plant helps it shape the bend gently where you want it. I have used a short wooden dowel...anything will do really. I go on scavenger hunts around the house for what I need.

Or, you can attach another tie lower on the opposing side of your current tie to keep the trunk upright and the portion above the bottom tie to bend where you need it.

I use cut and bent wire hangers or garden cloth stakes. Hangers work better as you can cut them longer.

attach another tie lower on the opposing side of your current tie to keep the trunk upright

what he said^^

The problem with just leaning it over like that is the possibility of breaking
or otherwise damaging the taproot,so whatever you can do to keep the stem vertical
at the start of LST is important-you actually want to bend the stem,as opposed to just leaning it over.

what he said^^

The problem with just leaning it over like that is the possibility of breaking
or otherwise damaging the taproot,so whatever you can do to keep the stem vertical
at the start of LST is important-you actually want to bend the stem,as opposed to just leaning it over.
Just one thing. On the bottom add a tie or whatever going the ither way so bottom straight

Silica is an extra that isn't necessary but does have its place.

As far as the LST...I agree with others that putting something at the base of the plant helps it shape the bend gently where you want it. I have used a short wooden dowel...anything will do really. I go on scavenger hunts around the house for what I need.

Or, you can attach another tie lower on the opposing side of your current tie to keep the trunk upright and the portion above the bottom tie to bend where you need it.

I use cut and bent wire hangers or garden cloth stakes. Hangers work better as you can cut them longer.
Thank I will do that. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom