Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

They look NICE!!!! Looks like a hell of a set up Blew. I was wondering if that was an auto. I am fighting the "heat" battle with my small 6*8*6.4 greenhouse and starting to win.. . 90* temps the next few days and trying to cool them down. I have a 20 inch fan down low and a 6 inch exhaust fan. They really seem to be great in the 90,s I just want to stay away from 100* plus... .
420-magazine-mobile463268963.jpg

Thanks. We have a 12x24' GH and a larger 16x48'. Same design.

I am looking at your photo ...ditch that little fan and pop out that whole panel (I see some wood framing it). Throw up that big fan on the ground. Try it blowing out (as long as you have an intake of fresh air). And don't stress too much on the heat....I did and it was necessary. As long as they are watered (regular, not necessarily daily) mine were more tan fine (as you can see!). i have a similar size fan in both my GH and I use it to pull air...should be more than sufficient for your space.

I am looking at your photo ...ditch that little fan and pop out that whole panel (I see some wood framing it). Throw up that big fan on the ground. Try it blowing out (as long as you have an intake of fresh air). And don't stress too much on the heat....I did and it was necessary. As long as they are watered (regular, not necessarily daily) mine were more tan fine (as you can see!). i have a similar size fan in both my GH and I use it to pull air...should be more than sufficient for your space.

And pull off that protective plastic off the polycarb already! :thanks:

Thank you Blew!!! I will do that..... I will send pics when I am done... took me a while to figure out the "fresh air intake" system.... instead of blowing hot air around... I will get on it after work and see how it flies! And yes I see yours are good and that puts me at ease ... .. I wouldn't mind saving on the electric bill either.. .

Thank you Blew!!! I will do that..... I will send pics when I am done... took me a while to figure out the "fresh air intake" system.... instead of blowing hot air around... I will get on it after work and see how it flies! And yes I see yours are good and that puts me at ease ... .. I wouldn't mind saving on the electric bill either.. .

Blew it's working Much better!!!! Thank you! I still have to be somewhat discrete.. might put a screen in the opening or something. I am licensed and everything but get company now and then. Here is the outcome.
420-magazine-mobile1513824603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109824553.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1961416156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2113527518.jpg

What are some of the higher heats you have had to deal with? Thank you for the idea. Really trying to get this together and be successful.

Blew it's working Much better!!!! Thank you! I still have to be somewhat discrete.. might put a screen in the opening or something. I am licensed and everything but get company now and then. Here is the outcome.
420-magazine-mobile1513824603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109824553.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1961416156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2113527518.jpg

What are some of the higher heats you have had to deal with? Thank you for the idea. Really trying to get this together and be successful.

Great. Most people underestimate air movement and how much is needed to actually cool a space. Your plants love you more now. I have consistently had no issues with temp swings from 45F-105F. None. Move the air, keep them regularly watered, and they will grow.

Btw I imagine that space will be filled up in 2 months just from the plants I see in the photo. Which is awesome.

3-Season Grow In Maine

Great. Most people underestimate air movement and how much is needed to actually cool a space. Your plants love you more now. I have consistently had no issues with temp swings from 45F-105F. None. Move the air, keep them regularly watered, and they will grow.

Btw I imagine that space will be filled up in 2 months just from the plants I see in the photo. Which is awesome.

I'll take all the advice When i can Blew so thanks. I was hitting in the 120,s but they actually still looked happy! I am thinking 4 should not only be plenty for me I also think they will fill the greenhouse nicely. I'm always out there doing something... I have been watering basically every 5 days it seems. I could probably even go a bit longer but it seems to do the trick. . Stay tuned and alert for my next emergency .! Lol. ....

I'll take all the advice When i can Blew so thanks. I was hitting in the 120,s but they actually still looked happy! I am thinking 4 should not only be plenty for me I also think they will fill the greenhouse nicely. I'm always out there doing something... I have been watering basically every 5 days it seems. I could probably even go a bit longer but it seems to do the trick. . Stay tuned and alert for my next emergency .! Lol. ....

They will be more heat tolerant as they get bigger. With the new fan you won't be near those high temps like before (little fans in a GH are useless...it probably added heat from it's overworked little motor!)

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Well, it's done. We harvested the Northern Lights Auto (CKS) today...day 106 from seed. Wet weight was 332 grams (11.4 oz). We are currently drying and curing in our root cellar, which has a constant temp (in the summer) of 66F and 59% RH. In the Winter it gets down to about 50F (same RH) so that will be interesting to see how the Fall harvest cures differently.

We will miss her bountiful fragrance in the GH...but the other two NLA are flowering now and it won't be long before they fill the gap.

NLA on her one bad day (White Widow, also at Day 106, behind her)

IMG_90194.jpg
IMG_90353.jpg
IMG_90203.jpg
IMG_90321.jpg
IMG_90364.jpg
IMG_90384.jpg
IMG_90404.jpg

Re: Greenhouse Grow In Maine - Northern Light Auto & White Widow Photo

Well, it's done. We harvested the Northern Lights Auto (CKS) today...day 106 from seed. Wet weight was 332 grams (11.4 oz). We are currently drying and curing in our root cellar, which has a constant temp (in the summer) of 66F and 59% RH. In the Winter it gets down to about 50F (same RH) so that will be interesting to see how the Fall harvest cures differently.

We will miss her bountiful fragrance in the GH...but the other two NLA are flowering now and it won't be long before they fill the gap.

NLA on her one bad day (White Widow, also at Day 106, behind her)

IMG_90194.jpg
IMG_90353.jpg
IMG_90203.jpg
IMG_90321.jpg
IMG_90364.jpg
IMG_90384.jpg
IMG_90404.jpg

Nice work!!!!!! Great harvest!!! Great looking plants! Thanks for the help too Blew, mine are doing well!

Take some Clones of the big one ? Also help with even the canopy make more tops !!!

She's been topped twice and I have about 9' of headspace, and plenty of sun, so I'm not overly concerned with an even canopy. Yes, when I topped her I have those clones growing in 7 gallons. She got a pretty huge headstart for an outdoor photo grow, so this is an experiment to see if the GH can contain her to the end...

Back
Top Bottom