2012 Greenhouse LST Grow

re: 2012 Greenhouse LST Grow

I'm talking of real fungas killer. Your not smoking stems. Also how about spray paint to seal it in. but your doing it with wax

Guys thanks for the help, i appreciate it! What i don't get is the 99%iso wash should kill all spores..right? wrong!! comes back two days later. In the past I've use petroleum to cover the spores, it does work but absolutely no air flow. With the wax i think some air does get in but the spores can't spread. I picked up some fungicide spray/ sulphur spray.testing a spot, will see how that goes.

The first year i had this issue, and tried a fan.. well 3-4 days later had easily doubled my issue.. and that was harvest time.

yeah you don't want fans blowing around the spores. There are billions of spores in your greenhouse now. Your going to want to sterilize everything when your done with this grow. Not sure how to go about it in a outdoor greenhouse but hydrogen peroxide works really good for fungus/spores. Maybe fill a a gallon sprayer up with the hydrogen peroxide mix and stray all your walls and floor down really good. Hope you don't have any more issues in the future.

Thanks cross1420, i hear you man. This issue happened the first time growing in the gh. I never cleaned it, all i do is take the roof off to let the rain water flush everything out. The next year not a single spore, so i have to say that its not going to be carried over. If there really was billions, this show would be over!

I've been doing a thorough check every day, looks like the sulphur spray is working. Its unfortunate but still going to get more then i've ever had out of the gh.

The quality should be up there too!:peace:

i know watered down milk works for powdery mildew, wonder if it would work on what you got, i know you use none fat milk and mix it with water, not sure on amounts but their should be plenty of info on the net.

also could it be an air flower problem, is their anyway you could have a fan blowing across the top of the pots and through the stems on the plant, i know we normally have the fans blowing on the leaves but im sure if you had plenty of moving air then this should stop the mould getting any further and shoud stop it all together,
Since i am having mold problems as you know, I think Don is on the right trac.I am thinking if a plan to install a air movement syayem. But i put a fan in last night. and no new mold yet .
But i thought about my tobacco . And mold is a problem after you hang it in the barn. And the tobacco site says that good air flow is key to prevent mold formation on the hanging stuff. I wastched a u tub from where you wash moldy buds in peroxide and water to kill the mold after harvest. So all is not lost,just more work.
Don.t you love every morning now when you see how much they grew in the dark.

i know watered down milk works for powdery mildew, wonder if it would work on what you got, i know you use none fat milk and mix it with water, not sure on amounts but their should be plenty of info on the net.

also could it be an air flower problem, is their anyway you could have a fan blowing across the top of the pots and through the stems on the plant, i know we normally have the fans blowing on the leaves but im sure if you had plenty of moving air then this should stop the mould getting any further and shoud stop it all together,
Since i am having mold problems as you know, I think Don is on the right trac.I am thinking if a plan to install a air movement syayem. But i put a fan in last night. and no new mold yet .
But i thought about my tobacco . And mold is a problem after you hang it in the barn. And the tobacco site says that good air flow is key to prevent mold formation on the hanging stuff. I wastched a u tub from where you wash moldy buds in peroxide and water to kill the mold after harvest. So all is not lost,just more work.I would try it on your stems. 1 cup of peroxide and 4 gal of water.
Don.t you love every morning now when you see how much they grew in the dark.:cheer:

Washing mould off of buds?? I've never heard of that, be careful! I'm pretty sure smoking mould can cause all sorts of health issues. I would do more research on that to make sure it's safe. Good luck

Chop it off and throw it away if you have molds seriously Botrytis is Dangerous.

Botrytis cinerea mold on grapes may cause "winegrower's lung", a rare form of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (a respiratory allergic reaction in predisposed individuals).

It really isn't worth the risk

:thumb:

Hi guys new to this site looks like a good place to get good info I'm a rookie in growing need a teacher to teach me all the tricks of the trade.

hi newweedman, do you have a journal on here yet or not, what are you growing or planning to grow, as for help it all depends what set up you want, such as are you growing or going to grow in soil or are you going to go the hydro root, if you go hydro then you need stuff like ph pen and ppm tester, also nutes, ph up and ph down and possibly h2o2 as well,

for soil i just use soil and blue planet nutrients as they are by far the best, i buy basic compost from local shops cost me £1 per bag so i juts fill my pots with this and plant the seeds about 1cm below the surface then water and they grow, then its gets interesting as you need to make sure you dont over or under water, you need to add nutes to the water when you water the plants, so if you have not got any and your planning on growing the go to blue planet nutrients and check coreys products out, their the cheapest around and by far the best imo, i wont use anything else now, i use the 3 part plus bloom booster, so ive got 4 bottles, 1 is grow, the others are micro, bloom and bloom booster, then i just follow the feeding guide that you download from bpn, the best part is bpn can be used for both soil and hydro grows, so along side my soil grows i do some 2ltr dwc hempies, which is basically a res where the water and nutes are and then the roots of the plant grow in this res, i add an air stone to keep the roots happy and the plants grow like crazy.

hydro is a quicker way to grow and will yield more in shorter time, how ever it can be tricky to get right, but once you get it all set up correct then the benefits speak for themselves, but without a ph tester and ppm tester you would just struggle to get it all right but it is possible, i dont use a ppm tester for my dwc grows, i just mix my nutes and fill the res and when its empty i fill it back up or top it up as needed, but if you go full hydro then the res will hold more water so this needs draining and filling back up, this is where the ppm or parts per million tester comes in, this tester tells you how much nutrients are in the liquid, these plants max out at around 1600ppm, so anything below this and you need to add more nutes, anything above this and you need to add more water, so each day the ph and ppm needs checking,

give me a shout if you got a grow going or how your growing to grow then we can get you all the help and advice you need, i knew nothing till i found this site, now i have growers following my journal and i am growing some great plants, but i would not have got what i got now if it wasnt for all the help and advice i got off here,

the best thing to do is start a journal, then we can send people over to have a look, and give advice if you have any problems

Dnt hav a journal as yet how do I start 1? I'm Frm aus. Last year I started to get bck in to growing got some seeds Frm pot tht i hav brought really nice stuff put thm in got two plants out of the seeds I sex thm 2girls put thm bck to veg and thn I clone thm lik 3different times 20 clones every time as soon as thy got good roots I put thm in pots of soil I made up.put thm out side to grow

Guys thanks for the help, i appreciate it! What i don't get is the 99%iso wash should kill all spores..right? wrong!! comes back two days later. In the past I've use petroleum to cover the spores, it does work but absolutely no air flow. With the wax i think some air does get in but the spores can't spread. I picked up some fungicide spray/ sulphur spray.testing a spot, will see how that goes.

The first year i had this issue, and tried a fan.. well 3-4 days later had easily doubled my issue.. and that was harvest time.

What about alcohol ???

:peace:

Here's the start to my security system, its a baby monitor! I have to give props to The JTG for this awesome idea! What i have planned is to add one of those cheap contact alarm things. That should get me out of bed real quick! Had to run some power to the gh for the baby monitor and a 20" fan.

But i thought about my tobacco . And mold is a problem after you hang it in the barn. And the tobacco site says that good air flow is key to prevent mold formation on the hanging stuff. I wastched a u tub from where you wash moldy buds in peroxide and water to kill the mold after harvest. So all is not lost,just more work.I would try it on your stems. 1 cup of peroxide and 4 gal of water.
Don.t you love every morning now when you see how much they grew in the dark.:cheer:

My fan has been in for a bit, its only extracting... The sulphur spray is working great by the way.

I was not saying it was safe.....hell smoking pot will kill you . Driving fast will kill you. Do you have any idea what you have smoked? If i don't see the Doobie rolled, I don't usualt hit it.To many crank heads out there.Took a toke in Nam then the guy says got some herion in it.You never know..But I just said i saw a U tube tape of Cervonties washing off his mold and a lot of good comments.So watch it and then you will have at least heard of it.I like to check out all options before i just rip it out. You hear some good ideas and some bad ,The sulfer looks like a good one right GH

Great news on the sulfer GH snoopy says 27 days
Chop it off and throw it away if you have molds seriously Botrytis is Dangerous.

Botrytis cinerea mold on grapes may cause "winegrower's lung", a rare form of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (a respiratory allergic reaction in predisposed individuals).

It really isn't worth the risk

:thumb:

GH you said your fan only exausting air...Tried that and then tried inflow. The girl love the inflow. Even the close branches stand up to the breeze. But the best news is no mold this morning to fight.My wife has been telling me all year about the big greenhouses all haveing fans on each end. Should have listened to her. But in my opinion exausting does not move enough air and you can face fan towards problem spots , and that is what you need . air circulation in the corners. .But I got the best feeling on mine today. Like they were really outside.

Icemud tried washing his buds, so i have heard of it, but my only option at that point would be to make hash. I wasn't saying it was a bad idea... the second to last post was for wiwa.. letting him know i tried alcohol. The fan is mainly to move some of the hot air off the ceiling. cheers

Alcohol will not kill mold, very little things do, not even extreme temperatures of 200c ( 392f ) it is basically indestructible.

Mold is between 1 - 30 microns so that means it will even get through the finest micron screen.

My advise, don't do it for the sake of your health.

:peace:

my fan a 2ft x2ft box fan blowing in, hanging in doorway . 2 days now . and 24 hours since i had any sign of mold. I can smell how much better the air is. The girls love it . mine will have a fan blowiing in freash air from now on. And vinegar and water will kill mold on living plants. It may not get rid of all spores ,but if you can keep on top of it .Outside your just happy to control these little problems early .

Back
Top Bottom