2020 Outdoor Organic Grow Central Canada

Morning @Kodiak420 , that PK looks like it’s coming into the home stretch mate and you should be watching her daily starting soon.

Like I mentioned before, outdoors these plants mature much differently than indoors. A couple of my garden girls, that I predicted would be mid October harvest, matured a lot in the past few days while I was away and are likely to be chopped this weekend and the bucket girls will start coming down over the next few days, a few days earlier than I had thought.

I will be posting pictures of them as they come down, starting tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to cleanup and reorganized my grow room which is a disaster lol I need the space there for drying :rofl:

Morning @Kodiak420 , that PK looks like it’s coming into the home stretch mate and you should be watching her daily starting soon
Afternoon good sir.. :rofl:... Thanks for the suggestion I do try to inspect regularly, but after what you were saying I figured I would go out and check.

I will set something up to steady the little microscope. Between the wind and my shaking hands . Not the best, the purple really throws it all off.
2020-09-28-154829.jpg
2020-09-28-154720.jpg
2020-09-28-154355.jpg
2020-09-28-153258.jpg
2020-09-28-153244.jpg
2020-09-28-153526.jpg

So are you gonna pull a "kool-aid man"?
:rofl: haven't seen that advertisement in a long time.

Murphy would have got you either way!
Yes this is true, it definitely got me a few times already, this year, sh!t in the last hour. :cheesygrinsmiley:

all those bugs trapped
This time of year, there is no mercy for bugs :rofl:.
I've been watching your adventures with your pest issues. There's nothing more frustrating. I contribute my good luck with the huge amount of "daddy long leg " spiders this year. I fought with ants during the dry summer. Ordinarily alright until they start mining aphids :thedoubletake:

Last year I reduced the water for about the last 2 weeks before harvest, I did that simply by how they looked so to my eye they appeared thirsty but not dying! I carried that up to harvest without giving them a full drink, and then I hung them upside down as whole plants to dry for about 3 - 3.5 weeks and then dry trimmed and jarred the buds, by which time they were on their way to being cured. After that I only burped the jars twice and now after 5-6 months they all appear (thankfully) to be in great dried cured condition.
I remember reading this now,:volcano-smiley:, probably in your journal.

I believe from my previously mentioned old grow where I didn't intend or want to give drought stress but the conditions were such from the heat that the plant in question got repeatedly drought stressed and it occurred for probably at least 6 weeks, at the time the resulting resin increase I put down to the plant trying to protect itself from the dehydrating conditions it was under.

I've totally done this, accidentally causing drought conditions, and thinking back they were memorable harvests... :hmmmm:

So many ways to grow, so little time to grow.
Next season I will be helping two buddies start their growing adventures. This will allow for more experimenting :rofl:

There's clearly room for experimentation here!
Agreed, Let the experimenting begin :idea:

I supercropped last year, but that was during stretch, and was solely done to maintain a stealth profile to keep my plants from neighboring eyes. I don't know if that added to potency.

I haven't done stem splitting before but may try it next grow.

I had the experience of once growing a late germinated plant in a ceramic pot that was smaller than ideal. it would heat up in the sun and every day it seemed, during flowering the plant would be visibly wilted from the heat by end of each day. The resulting buds were the most sticky I have had, it was like they were varnished with resin, and were very stiff and hard like you could imagine 2 or 3 coats of varnish would give. It was a bag seed and it's resulting high certainly surpassed it's mother's buds. @Maritimer has been investigating drought stress and other approaches to increase resin yields in his really interesting thread where he refers to the process of increasing resin production as rezination. Exceptionally High FECO Yields
^bookmarked :thanks:

I am gonna just drill a screw into mine, you might be over thinking this...:passitleft:come on, let's get crazy!

I went for it @Kodiak420, temps are $hit and it might be cold enough for snow...ef it or watch mine go down in flames :rofl:

@Kodiak420 :passitleft:your absence is noticed, hope you're back soon!
Hope all is well With you.
Sorry guys crazy busy with work. and other winterizing projects :)

I went for it @Kodiak420, temps are $hit and it might be cold enough for snow...ef it or watch mine go down in flames :rofl:
Sh!t bro, hows she liking that? :rofl:

Sadly I have to report ans few grams loss to bud rot. So I am going to start cropping tomorrow.

I don't tolerate lossing bud, after all this time and effort.
I will post pics of cropping and washing, it's going to be over few days.
Most recent pic s are few days ago

PXL_20200928_112937748.jpg
PXL_20200928_195108304.jpg
PXL_20200928_195113245.jpg
PXL_20200928_195202638.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20200928_195209608.jpg
PXL_20200928_112931658.jpg
2020-09-29-161048.jpg

More tomorrow,
Keep your head down out,
:yummy::ganjamon:

Attachments

• 2020-09-29-161114.jpg
    2020-09-29-161114.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2020-09-29-161048.jpg
    2020-09-29-161048.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2020-09-28-154829.jpg
    2020-09-28-154829.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 46
Sadly I have to report ans few grams loss to bud rot. So I am going to start cropping tomorrow.

I don't tolerate lossing bud, after all this time and effort.
I will post pics of cropping and washing, it's going to be over few days.
Most recent pic s are few days ago

PXL_20200928_112937748.jpg
PXL_20200928_195108304.jpg
PXL_20200928_195113245.jpg
PXL_20200928_195202638.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20200928_195209608.jpg
PXL_20200928_112931658.jpg
2020-09-29-161048.jpg

More tomorrow,
Keep your head down out,
:yummy::ganjamon:
That sucks! They really look magnificent with that deep colour and those big fat buds :p one might say fanfu**ingtasic!

I'll tune in for harvest and washing pics :popcorn: never done it. Just got handed, gifted really, a helpful The Celt tutorial about bud washing, I just mentioned this to you in my journal :rofl:

:passitleft:glad all is well!

The Celt tutorial about bud washing, I just mentioned this to you in my journal
@The Celt recipe is the one that I used to augment the others I have read on here. His theories are more sound, in my opinion. Understanding the reactions of the chemicals is important.

The only thing I do/(did:hmmmm:) differently is the H2O2 part, I've been using that in my first bucket, with warm water (which when I think about, probably isn't the best, hot water would disperse/breakdown/dissipate the H2O2 faster). Maybe The celt will give us his theory on the H2O2 being his second last bucket.

The reason I have used it as my first is the fear of not rinsing the bud enough, to make sure all the peroxide is gone.

Oh and I do two fresh water rinses, one warm and final is cold. So 5 buckets in total.

Cold water anywhere else would be scary to me, as we know, cold trichomes break off .

Actually good segue to next thought of the morning after smoking some White Wedding (yes I still buy government weed, I think life is only worth living when you have a minimum of 4 types of weed on hand :rofl:) I am at five)

any ways water hash and dry ice hash, I know Old smokey makes water hash, not sure if anybody else does. But I recently came across some bubble hash bags, set of eight. I have few hundred grams of some older weed, wasn't very potent, that I will try to my hand at making some hash.
I still need to get ice/dry ice, so maybe tomorrow Ill make the run to town to get some.

I hate going into hot zones, and now most large towns in Ontario, I would consider hot zones now.

Today, my task is, to power trim the girls and then see what time it is after that, if time allows I will crop one and wash her up.

It is now bright enough to go outside and start, coffee, vape and tunes we are all set.

Keep your head down out there,
:yummy::volcano-smiley:

Morning @Kodiak420 mate :)

Its been a number of years since I wrote that bit about bud washing but the science/chemistry behind it is the same regardless so this was likely my reasoning for the H2O2 being the 3rd bucket.

Different nasties have different environments they adapt to. Just the act of washing will dislodge bugs etc, including the dead ones. The lemon being acidic will kill off organisms that need a basic environment while the soda kills off those preferring a basic environment and also neutralize the lemon. I used H2O2 last because it will kill off anything the first 2 didn’t (it kills pretty much everything :rofl:) and it breaks down so quick it leaves nothing behind but water in the bud.

Aside from the chemical & mechanical activity of washing, using hot then cold water caused the leaves to become super hydrated and they would stand straight out and stiff making trimming wet a breeze. I suspect it’s similar to canners blanching foods before bottling them.

I am trying to follow along without falling behind :bong:

I don't know if it is the variety as much as I like to place an order & pick up an ounce of weed at the post office from the government. :laughtwo: It is sort of bizarre, but I think it is great they have free shipping.

Be safe getting ice, I do mine old school from scratch in a mold in the freezer...;)

Its been a number of years since I wrote that bit about bud washing but the science/chemistry behind it is the same regardless so this was likely my reasoning for the H2O2 being the 3rd bucket.

Different nasties have different environments they adapt to. Just the act of washing will dislodge bugs etc, including the dead ones. The lemon being acidic will kill off organisms that need a basic environment while the soda kills off those preferring a basic environment and also neutralize the lemon. I used H2O2 last because it will kill off anything the first 2 didn’t (it kills pretty much everything :rofl:) and it breaks down so quick it leaves nothing behind but water in the bud.

Aside from the chemical & mechanical activity of washing, using hot then cold water caused the leaves to become super hydrated and they would stand straight out and stiff making trimming wet a breeze. I suspect it’s similar to canners blanching foods before bottling them.
Do you have a link to this modified and improved method that I can bookmark for future use?

Do you have a link to this modified and improved method that I can bookmark for future use?
Hey Em,
I believe it's this one,

Thanks for the clarification Celt. :Namaste:

I am trying to follow along without falling behind :bong:
You're too funny. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom