Making a choice on CO2 what to do?

jride129

I've been looking into all of the different methods to give a garden CO2, and I deffinitly
don't want to go exspensive with the high dollar pumps and tanks or that sort of thing.
So I've been looking into those organic bags that use fungus or whatever inside them.
It sounds pretty good; just hang the bag over the garden and let it do it's thing for up to
6 months.

Then I got to reading some other stuff about homemade CO2 using active yeast and
suger. Mixing them together in bottles and hanging thoughs and setting them down inside the garden.
Can someone give me a little push one way or the other? Is one of these methods better than the other?

Thanks...

I've used Co2 tablets in the past & not noticed any real difference in plant growth or yield... half the time this stuff is not nearly putting out enough Co2 to benifit the plants & firmly believe i've wasted my time 'n' money.

Besides if good ventilation & air exchange is present in the grow room natural fresh air has more than enough Co2 in to support plant growth.

If you really want to increase yield... look at training your plants LST, SCROG & TOPPING.

Well i took another look at the use of Co2.

It does appear that active yeast or brewers yeast / sugar in a 2 litre bottle with a small hole in cap is a more popular method of Co2 release.

2oz of sugar aprox 1g of yeast add water 'n' shake well every day, rince and repeat every 3 days or so with fresh batch.

But if you have all of your conditions optimized than you will see increased production in growth and flowering, if you don't have your conditions right it doesn't help much or at all !!!

In controlled enviroments some 1500 ppm of Co2 is optimal but only truely effective at higher temperatures 80/85f or 26/29c on average to make use of increased Co2.

Good call on the yeast and sugar mixture! Although I am still very new to growing I found the cheaper, homemade methods, are usually the best way to go as you will save plenty of $$ with only a minimal decrease in effectiveness.

*A good example is Blackstrap Mollasses as opposed to expensive 'Carbohydrate Explosion' style fert's you get from hydro/garden stores.

Wondering if anyone else has gained experience with TNB Co2 or EZ Co2? The EZ Co2 is a lot less expensive then the TNB. TNB Advertises a very high ppm potential though, but it would be easy enough to use two of the EZ Co2 bags. Don't have to shake the bags either so it's less maintenance. $30 for 6months supply of Co2 seems very reasonable for the potential. TNB has amazing customer service though but at $40 for 2-3 weeks it seems very expensive. Smells nice and yeasty when in use though.

Another great option are the Green Pads which release CO2 as long as your humidity is above 35% they work great.

I found out that Green pads are nothing more than meat packing pads that you can purchase by the 1000 count for cheap. They are used for packing meat to keep it fresh as it releases co2 to accomplish this... I haven't tried them yet, but will in the future, I did use green pads on past grows and they do work well, i have to say I had nice yields and dense nugs, but just wanted to let people know what they actually are.

Back
Top Bottom