Many different problems I don't understand

GreenB

Hello,
I am very sorry about the way i wrote this post, but am really stressed out and got many problems in the same time and had a bad day.
This is the tenth time i repeat what i am writing now and it was ten times bigger,
I am doing:
-Biobizz Allmix.
-3 gallons smartpots.
-Used only root juice( first ten days between seedling and veg).
-was using tap water with 8.0 PH all the time.
-got PH tester then today i broke it after i saw the run off water 5.3 or 5.1 depends on which plant.
-250w HPS light.
-watering every time i be sure the soil surface is completely dry(2-3 days), watering about 1,8 liter per plant, till i see the first drop of the run off.
-20/4 light cycle.
-24-29 degrees in the tent when the light is on. 18-24 when the light is off.

First plant:
IMG_243022.JPG
IMG_241122.JPG
IMG_241023.JPG
IMG_240923.JPG

Second:
IMG_243222.JPG
IMG_243122.JPG
IMG_241523.JPG
IMG_242819.JPG
IMG_242923.JPG
IMG_241421.JPG
IMG_241328.JPG
IMG_241229.JPG

Third:
IMG_240323.JPG
IMG_240522.JPG
IMG_240522.JPG
IMG_240523.JPG

Forth:
IMG_240622.JPG

Fifth:
IMG_240826.JPG
IMG_240720.JPG
IMG_240221.JPG

Way too much watering and too many nute's too early.
Surface moisture means nothing. The roots are down in the very bottom of the pots and I bet the bottom is waterlogged. Let them dry out. Otherwise you will drown them.

Thank you for your fast response!
Yeah it is check the pictures and u wrote what is it, i was watering with tap water 8 PH and then i checked the run off water couple of days ago and it was between 5.1 and 5,7 depends on the plant, i watered with 6.4 water after i got that results to all of them but today i flushed the hell out of the first one with only tap water.

Thank you Major Pita, but i only used root juice!! And i reallylet them dry out i water them once every 3 days sometimes

Do you have a fan circulating the air in there. Also need one pushing air out of the tent. Is the light close enough to the plants.

YA MON

Uromastyx,
Yeah i have strong one my friend was using it for a bigger tent and it worked all fine, and the whole box next to the window so frech air all the time, the light around ten inches far from the plants or more from the small one...

Surface moisture means nothing. The roots are down in the very bottom of the pots and I bet the bottom is waterlogged. Let them dry out. Otherwise you will drown them.
this is basically what is happening:Namaste: It couldn't be better said

So may it be the root juice was just stuck till now and it didn't show any since till now!! And that's why the ph of the run off water was 5?
And if i can't know from the first inch that they need water then how?
And should i flush all of them and then leave them for a week to dry out?
Because normally i don't water till i see the first inch is completely dry..
but what do you recommend in such situation?
And what about the forth plant yellow with two main stems?
I appreciate your help

ok first of all deep breath,,, I have been panicking over my babies too. :hug:

2nd You must have burned the with too much food. ( yellow things) and the too much water is the droopy dry-ish /black-ish leaves you have.
I am sorry if I didn't clear it up a bit better earlier.:Namaste:

High GreenB

Lift your pots so you can feel how dry they are. Fill a pot with just moist soil and see how that feels for comparison. Your plant pots should feel about the same before you soak them good. Sounds like you have hard water from the tap and that is going to cause big problems down the line as the carbonates accumulate in the pots like the scale in your kettle. I use only RO water for my plants and so avoid all the hassles of using tap water.

Those plants are not big enough yet to need watering so often and along with nute burn the overwatering is seen in your pics too.

:peace:

ok first of all deep breath,,, I have been panicking over my babies too. :hug:

2nd You must have burned the with too much food. ( yellow things) and the too much water is the droopy dry-ish /black-ish leaves you have.
I am sorry if I didn't clear it up a bit better earlier.:Namaste:

Thank you, may it be cause of the root juice!! And i agree about too much food because the ph of the run of is 5 though i am sure i have been watering with 8.2 or 8.0 ph tap water and the soil is BB all mix so it's 6.6 ph.
I am just lost. If i stopped watering them they wil have nutes lock down and if i will flush them they will die?
And how far the light is supposed to be? Is 10-15 inches far enough for 250HPS?
And there is the yellow one with two main stems?
And one more thing, the first one who has two brown spots and kind of scratched leaves as you see in the pictures is lowryder 2 auto and i can see it started to flower!! And i didn't give anythingh but the root juice till now...

Hi GreenB!:welcome:

To reinforce what Major and Birdie said:
Young plants in pots that size should go at least a week between waterings. I've read of growers going 2-3 weeks in early stage.
If you can, fill a pot with dry soil and weigh it. Next time you think you need to water weigh the pot first. If weight is more than 10% over weight of dry soil then don't water. If you find your plants with leaves drooping almost straight down you're just in time for watering. If you find stick with dry crispy leaves you've waited a little too long. :)laughtwo: have a laugh at my expense for that one.)

2nd point, if plants don't need water they don't need nutes either (usually). I've done more damage to my plants by over-feeding and overwatering. I know it sound wrong but try to let plants get hungry and thirsty. If you do get a deficiency it is usually easy to fix without causing long-term problems.

3rd, the small tears on some leaves look like minor physical damage but plant tissue is healthy so not a problem.

I hope I clarified things for you instead of just confusing things more.

Last thing, about the double stem (4th plant, right?), I've had this happen to couple plants I don't remember topping. It's possible I just forgot what I did, but more likely I cause some slight damage while inspecting plant similar to topping.

High GreenB

Lift your pots so you can feel how dry they are. Fill a pot with just moist soil and see how that feels for comparison. Your plant pots should feel about the same before you soak them good. Sounds like you have hard water from the tap and that is going to cause big problems down the line as the carbonates accumulate in the pots like the scale in your kettle. I use only RO water for my plants and so avoid all the hassles of using tap water.

Those plants are not big enough yet to need watering so often and along with nute burn the overwatering is seen in your pics too.

:peace:

First thank you for the response.

Second, that's what i am trying to do but i think i have to be more punktuell, it's my first time and i already bpught ton of things so i don't think i am going to be water filter as well, especially i am growing for personal use and i won't need that much but i will just start watering them less often i think...

Thank you Major Pita, but i only used root juice!! And i reallylet them dry out i water them once every 3 days sometimes

Watering every three days is way too often, IMO. They could go weeks in that much soil after a proper watering. Don't worry about PH or flushing or anything else until you get the pots DRY. You runoff PH is lower because of the soil. After your water percolates through acidic soil, it gets much lower.

I'd move the light up a little. Try something like 18" for now.

Back
Top Bottom