Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

BTW Sara,, yes that was grown with the prize.. Thanks.. That was kind of hard to understand....... But yes that's off the LED side of my grow. I used that 1600 LED for it

Hi Fr3d, I just checked with your order, :) we did shipped out your item in time, but sometimes there is the delay in the shipment, i don't know what it is this time. but it shows on Sep. 4th, the item is now transporting to the destination country, you should get tracking update from the local shipping company which DHL will refer the link to you. Please don't worry, the item will come to you very soon i am sure. :Namaste:

Thks Sara

When I first started growing about 10 years ago, it was with LED's, and I've stuck with LED's to this day.

Before I started, I read something I've repeated frequently, which is, "you don't grow trees with LED's" because they simply do not have the penetration of an HPS. This is one of the reasons that, until last year, I was sticking with a 5' tall grow tent. I didn't want/need the additional headroom.

Since that time, LED's have gone from using 1w and 2w chips to 5w & 10w, or more chips and the penetration into the canopy has improved considerably, which is what's driven me to upgrade to a 6.5' tall tent this year (using 2 Mars Reflector 9600's, BTW!). IMHO, as the LED chips continue to improve, so will penetration into the canopy and $ per usable watt.

That being said, I've seen some of your awesome 12' plants (I think one might have even been an auto! :adore: ) and you're just not going to get anything like that, with useful buds more than a few feet into the canopy, with an LED. So, you still can't grow trees with LED's! :laugh:

:Namaste:
Inspiring story! :welldone:If you never try, you never know. :D

I routinely grow 24" colas with Leds, last winter I used a Mars Pro II 320 and produced a couple of 30" colas of Stardawg IX. Was very pleased with Pro II!
:thanks::thanks::thanks:
I got several more feedbacks today with the pro II lights, I will post later, haha :theband:

BTW Sara,, yes that was grown with the prize.. Thanks.. That was kind of hard to understand....... But yes that's off the LED side of my grow. I used that 1600 LED for it
Thanks a bunch Norcaliwood, :thanks:
I believe you know how the difference of growing under LED from HPS? But I might state again, since there are more ppl still have no idea of it: :circle-of-love:
- You can hang the lights lower, for HPS usually hanging height is more than 30'' in case your plants will burn, but with LEDs, usually hanging height is: seedling 24~30''; veg 18~24''; flowering 12~18'' :high-five:
- More cal and mag,:love: don't know why, but the plants will need more of these two nutrients under LEDs; While less water and other other nutrients.
- PH: 6~6.5 for soil
- RH: more than 50% during veg, and 40~50% during flowering :surf:

Hope these info will help a little for the new growers. :yahoo:

Anyone won't love it? :cheer:
Light: Mars Pro II Cree 256
Week 5
Plants: Pink Freezeland & White Widow :rofl::rofl::rofl:
cree 3.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

#marshydro #cree256 #marsproii #ledgrowlights #indoorgrowing#PinkFreezeland #whitewidow #flowering #medical #legalize #weed#marijuana #cannabis #smoking

Sara,, like said,, is the first time I played with them... And my crop ain't 100%..... But so far the lights are doing really well.. Better than I expected................ I have a feeling if one had the light contained in a tent,, they might get all they need... I might do a 4X4 tent with LEDs as temps cool.. I just started playing with them..........

Hey Norcaliwood, that is great news, :yahoo: please keep me noticed when you start the new grow. I will follow definitely! :adore:
Sara,, like said,, is the first time I played with them... And my crop ain't 100%..... But so far the lights are doing really well.. Better than I expected................ I have a feeling if one had the light contained in a tent,, they might get all they need... I might do a 4X4 tent with LEDs as temps cool.. I just started playing with them..........

BTW here's the other side of the grow... Grown under a HPS lamp,, same plant same everything? Alittle bigger and solid buddage?

Keepem Green

You can see the more purple to the LED side... I been growing this berry flavored strain for alot of turns over the last 3-4 years... And she needs all the cold weather needs of her blackberry heritage? Least this pheno sure developed the color and quality and taste,, she tastes as good as she looks, of the Blackberry Sweetness. And I can see the plant under the LED is afew days ahead, least in color... But I affix that to the lower radiant temps from the lamp. And could be a winner under 4 or 6 of these in my flower room.

This strain doesn't come to light till temps drop,,,, Then all bets are off........... And the present colors,, or lack of,,, show the temperature history of lower LED temps...........I been known to bottom out temps dead of winter at 50 degrees at night just for the sprak of colors.. Makes for pretty colors and sweeter tastes? Organics help the tastes,,,

You can see the more purple to the LED side... I been growing this berry flavored strain for alot of turns over the last 3-4 years... And she needs all the cold weather needs of her blackberry heritage? Least this pheno sure developed the color and quality and taste,, she tastes as good as she looks, of the Blackberry Sweetness. And I can see the plant under the LED is afew days ahead, least in color... But I affix that to the lower radiant temps from the lamp. And could be a winner under 4 or 6 of these in my flower room.

This strain doesn't come to light till temps drop,,,, Then all bets are off........... And the present colors,, or lack of,,, show the temperature history of lower LED temps...........I been known to bottom out temps dead of winter at 50 degrees at night just for the sprak of colors.. Makes for pretty colors and sweeter tastes? Organics help the tastes,,,
Thanks so much for the feedbacks. :D I bet so they taste great! :popcorn::popcorn: Love Blackberry! :love: Suitable temperature / heat output will be more attractive to plants, haha :slide:

Mars hydro 600w small grow

Attachments

• C9A12EDD-1D62-4034-9B99-BEDFE8E04FB0.jpeg
    C9A12EDD-1D62-4034-9B99-BEDFE8E04FB0.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 178
  • 687790E3-AB43-40F2-8190-B88F93077569.jpeg
    687790E3-AB43-40F2-8190-B88F93077569.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 64E44A85-EAEB-48B8-BC9C-A83154DB8BDB.jpeg
    64E44A85-EAEB-48B8-BC9C-A83154DB8BDB.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 147
  • B7B57B05-F2B3-4883-96BF-7E8410EA2F0D.jpeg
    B7B57B05-F2B3-4883-96BF-7E8410EA2F0D.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 161
  • CD1D55E3-63A8-4C9E-83F6-5E7CC5DCA26D.jpeg
    CD1D55E3-63A8-4C9E-83F6-5E7CC5DCA26D.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 4C8A0407-38D3-493D-A667-84EAECEF3DE7.jpeg
    4C8A0407-38D3-493D-A667-84EAECEF3DE7.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 140
Mars hydro 600w small grow
Looks like healthy and green! :goodjob: Lovely! Thanks for sharing, :thanks:and welcome to stop by every now and then :theband::theband:

I'm trying to do a small grow of one, MAYBE two plants in a confined space. I want to go small and try the 150w marshydro. Would this be able to support a plant from beginning to harvest? Looking for quietness and low heat. Thanks so much!

I'm trying to do a small grow of one, MAYBE two plants in a confined space. I want to go small and try the 150w marshydro. Would this be able to support a plant from beginning to harvest? Looking for quietness and low heat. Thanks so much!
I use a mars hydro 600w I’ve got 3 plants I don’t know if a 150w would have the power for 3 plants

Back
Top Bottom