Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello ruddie, :circle-of-love: For the gen 1 light, the white one 300w light, it is our old model series, and there is no veg and bloom bottons on it. :circle-of-love:
All our light is standard spectrum, which means full spectrum for both veg and bloom, so please don't worry, you can use it for both veg and bloom. :high-five:
You can add your CFL in the tent too, will get better result during flower when two kind of lights mixed together. :thumb:
For your space, if you mainly want to order one light for flower, I would suggest you order our Mars II series, the black ones, they are using the 5watt chips and more powerful, so better for flower. :thumb:
Please order our standard spectrum light, they can do great job in your tent. :circle-of-love:
I thought I'd take the time to register and just send thanks for the great LED I got recently. I have the 300W Gen 1 Full Spectrum LED 40cm and it's certainly puts out some nice light.

I just have a couple questions I was hoping to get some answers to, as these will help better inform me for the next purchase.

The gen 1 light doesn't have a veg or bloom button (which I didn't think about before the purchase) and I wanted to find out if this specific light is better suited for the veg period or will it be efficient to keep it for both veg and bloom?

I also use at the same time 2 x 130watt CFL's @ 6400k with the LED. I noticed that the CFL's due to there bright white light seem to reduce the red in the room. I assume the red frequency is still picked up by the plants and its just my eyes but I thought I better ask, is it ok to use CFL's with LED at the same time? Is it efficient to have both?

My next purchase I want to buy the green mars hydro reflector series which one should I add if I already have the other lights? I only have one bloom CFL at 2400k so I was intending to use the gen1 for the whole grow, switch out the CFL's later on. I think the next light purchase should focus on the bloom phase which I assume will be the reflector series?
I use a 1.2x1.2x2 mylar grow tent with a 120mm vent. 50%-60% humidity, 23c (night time) to 28c (lights on).

The LED says it's "Full Spectrum", does that mean the LED also produces the light frequency used for Bloom? Would it not be more efficient if I only used a light that was specific for each phase?

Hello TheCelt, you can use our light as side lights as long as you can hang it firmed. :thumb:
Once you place the order, the light will be shipped out very soon, we will give you the tracking number within 24 hours and you can get the light around 5~7 business days. :thumb::circle-of-love:
Good evening Sara (morning for you)

Just a couple quick questions. Can the Mars lights be used as side lighting as well or do they need to hang with lights facing down?

And how long do orders take to process and be shipped out of the warehouse?

Thanks

RC

Don't worry Celt, if you ordered yesterday, the tracking number will be updated later this afternoon here. :high-five:
Awesome Sara, thank you

I hadn't heard anything on my order yet so thought I would ask

Sara pretty much covered it. No veg or bloom lights and yes the spectrum on the 1st Gen LEDs will go all the way threw to flower but they dont have the most power so it is actually best for small spaces and mixed with other light sources like CFL or if you get a low watt (150) HPS. Finally the best current MarsHydro light for flower is the Mars 2 (the 1600 does have veg/bloom switch) due to there 5 watt chip but it heat or coverage are an issue the mars reflector 3 watt lights are your best bet.

One last thing to take a look at is the new 5 watt reflector lights that are coming out they pretty much combine the best of the mars 2 and reflector series. I hope this helps :Namaste:

I thought I'd take the time to register and just send thanks for the great LED I got recently. I have the 300W Gen 1 Full Spectrum LED 40cm and it's certainly puts out some nice light.

I just have a couple questions I was hoping to get some answers to, as these will help better inform me for the next purchase.

The gen 1 light doesn't have a veg or bloom button (which I didn't think about before the purchase) and I wanted to find out if this specific light is better suited for the veg period or will it be efficient to keep it for both veg and bloom?

I also use at the same time 2 x 130watt CFL's @ 6400k with the LED. I noticed that the CFL's due to there bright white light seem to reduce the red in the room. I assume the red frequency is still picked up by the plants and its just my eyes but I thought I better ask, is it ok to use CFL's with LED at the same time? Is it efficient to have both?

My next purchase I want to buy the green mars hydro reflector series which one should I add if I already have the other lights? I only have one bloom CFL at 2400k so I was intending to use the gen1 for the whole grow, switch out the CFL's later on. I think the next light purchase should focus on the bloom phase which I assume will be the reflector series?
I use a 1.2x1.2x2 mylar grow tent with a 120mm vent. 50%-60% humidity, 23c (night time) to 28c (lights on).

The LED says it's "Full Spectrum", does that mean the LED also produces the light frequency used for Bloom? Would it not be more efficient if I only used a light that was specific for each phase?

Thank you for sharing the data with us, really appreaciated. :thumb: You know you help a lot people to clear their confustion, lol :passitleft:

Anything to provide people with knowledge and to help a company that has provided me so much to help my girlfriend who has chronic pancreratitis. Thank you Sara and Marshydro!! :Namaste:

For your space, if you mainly want to order one light for flower, I would suggest you order our Mars II series, the black ones, they are using the 5watt chips and more powerful, so better for flower.
Please order our standard spectrum light, they can do great job in your tent.

Thanks for the reply. One last question, though I'm not sure how to ask it intelligently.

Essentially, I want to find out about the light intensity on these units in the same grow area.

Each panel in the Mars 2 range has a corrisponding amount of LEDs, size, wattage and each size has a different coverage area.

For arguements sake lets say I have two panels, the smallest one is 300 watt that uses 100 x 3watt LEDs. They fit an area of 40cmx40cm and the other is 900 watt that uses 300 x 3 watt LEDs and fits into a 120cmx120cm area .

Because the larger panel has a larger footprint it has a larger coverage but does the light intensity increase across the area? In my tent would I be increasing the lumens per square inch or would I simply have the same amount of light hitting the plants and buying a larger panel would be a waste of money?
I don't know if that makes much sense :9

One more peace of advice if you are going to use it as side lighting is make sure you give it enough space for the fans to blow the hot air, but either then that I dont see why you cant use it as side :Namaste:
Good evening Sara (morning for you)

Just a couple quick questions. Can the Mars lights be used as side lighting as well or do they need to hang with lights facing down?

And how long do orders take to process and be shipped out of the warehouse?

Thanks

RC

:cheer::thumb::thumb:
Much thanks Sara:thanks:

I am looking forward to trying the LEDs and need to expand my grow area LOL 20+ plants in 2 one meter areas is getting crowded LOL

Thank you arellanobrian :circle-of-love:
Sara pretty much covered it. No veg or bloom lights and yes the spectrum on the 1st Gen LEDs will go all the way threw to flower but they dont have the most power so it is actually best for small spaces and mixed with other light sources like CFL or if you get a low watt (150) HPS. Finally the best current MarsHydro light for flower is the Mars 2 (the 1600 does have veg/bloom switch) due to there 5 watt chip but it heat or coverage are an issue the mars reflector 3 watt lights are your best bet.

One last thing to take a look at is the new 5 watt reflector lights that are coming out they pretty much combine the best of the mars 2 and reflector series. I hope this helps :Namaste:
You are really a nice boy friend. :circle-of-love:
Anything to provide people with knowledge and to help a company that has provided me so much to help my girlfriend who has chronic pancreratitis. Thank you Sara and Marshydro!! :Namaste:

Hello ruddie, the old models are using 3watt chips, while the 900w light are using the 5watt chips, which means 180pcs of 5watt one on the light, so of course the light intensity will be increased :high-five: Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. One last question, though I'm not sure how to ask it intelligently.

Essentialy, I want to find out about the light intensity on these units in the same grow area.

Each panel in the Mars 2 range has a corrisponding amount of LEDs, size, wattage and each size has a different coverage area.

For arguements sake lets say I have two panels, the smallest one is 300 watt that uses 100 x 3watt LEDs. They fit an area of 40cmx40cm and the other is 900 watt that uses 300 x 3 watt LEDs and fits into a 120cmx120cm area .

Because the larger panel has a larger footprint it has a larger coverage but does the light intensity increase across the area? In my tent would I be increasing the lumens per square inch or would I simply have the same amount of light hitting the plants and buying a larger panel would be a waste of money?

Thank you professor arellanobrian :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:
One more peace of advice if you are going to use it as side lighting is make sure you give it enough space for the fans to blow the hot air, but either then that I dont see why you cant use it as side :Namaste:
:passitleft:
Thanks for the reply Arellanobrian.

Essentialy, I want to find out about the light intensity on these units in the same grow area.

You are right in saying buying bigger panels sometimes seems like a waste of money because while you do increase both coverage and intensity with bigger lights you really do sacrifice efficiency in my opinion, you dont get increase enough power and sacrifice quite a bit of coverage that you would get with multiple smaller panels and because you would still get supplemental lighting from the multiple lights and still increase power. And finally it seems that as you increase overall wattage with multiple smaller panels, my mars 700+900 equals 725 real watts and from most watt tests ive seen online it seems the straight 1600 mars 2 seems to be closer to 600 real watts..

All in all the take aways are that bigger panels do provide much more intensity but to a much smaller area and the bigger panels seem to have lower wattage so they will save you money. But for the best light intensity over the greatest area multiple smaller mars 2 lights or possibly some CFLs or low wattage HPS (150-250)

I also wanted to say this is based off of research from other growers ive read up on in multiple forums, YouTube and personal experience but alot is also my opinion so feel free to experiment and do some more research. I hope this helps :Namaste:

I've read some advise to avoid buying lights through ebay but I assume that's just in relation to the cheaper units, is it safe to get the light from ebay? Do you have a ebay store or how would you recommend me getting it?

edit: just noticed your signature lol :)

I buy from eBay and have never received a broken light or really anything wrong with my mars lights. Only thing ive been to lazy to check is the spectrum, when I look at some pics with both my 700 and 900 it seems the 900 has more red diodes so I feel I may have gotten a bloom spectrum light but I honestly got an amazing deal for the light. Only other thing I hope Sara can clarify is that they dont have the same warranty if you bid for the lights in an auction, can you let us know whenever possible?

What people should understand about their decision on what illumination source to use for their cannabis plants is light combined with nutrients, root growth and adequate time are the 4 single largest limiting factors that govern cannabis plant growth and harvest yields and limiting any one of these 4 factors will reduce harvest quality and quantity.

What people should understand about their decision on what illumination source to use for their cannabis plants is light combined with nutrients, root growth and adequate time are the 4 single largest limiting factors that govern cannabis plant growth and harvest yields and limiting any one of these 4 factors will reduce harvest quality and quantity.

agreed :high-five: I am still getting my grow style and environment down and would never want anyone to think I am an expert, I just want to pass some info based off personal research/experience. it is true that a knowledgeable grower with less wattage can produce much more and much better quality medicine than a less knowledgeable grower (I include myself in the less knowledgeable)

Back
Top Bottom