Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello ruddie, we have our EB stores, but please be careful to order through there. :circle-of-love: If you are not sure of the light, please order from our website, thank you :thanks:
I've read some advise to avoid buying lights through ebay but I assume that's just in relation to the cheaper units, is it safe to get the light from ebay? Do you have a ebay store or how would you recommend me getting it?

edit: just noticed your signature lol :)
Thank you arellanobrian :circle-of-love: every lights from our EB store have one year warranty, including the auction one. :circle-of-love: And every light you order from our website, you will get 3 years' warranty. :thumb:
I buy from eBay and have never received a broken light or really anything wrong with my mars lights. Only thing ive been to lazy to check is the spectrum, when I look at some pics with both my 700 and 900 it seems the 900 has more red diodes so I feel I may have gotten a bloom spectrum light but I honestly got an amazing deal for the light. Only other thing I hope Sara can clarify is that they dont have the same warranty if you bid for the lights in an auction, can you let us know whenever possible?

Thank you arellanobrian :circle-of-love:
You are right in saying buying bigger panels sometimes seems like a waste of money because while you do increase both coverage and intensity with bigger lights you really do sacrifice efficiency in my opinion, you dont get increase enough power and sacrifice quite a bit of coverage that you would get with multiple smaller panels and because you would still get supplemental lighting from the multiple lights and still increase power. And finally it seems that as you increase overall wattage with multiple smaller panels, my mars 700+900 equals 725 real watts and from most watt tests ive seen online it seems the straight 1600 mars 2 seems to be closer to 600 real watts..

All in all the take aways are that bigger panels do provide much more intensity but to a much smaller area and the bigger panels seem to have lower wattage so they will save you money. But for the best light intensity over the greatest area multiple smaller mars 2 lights or possibly some CFLs or low wattage HPS (150-250)

I also wanted to say this is based off of research from other growers ive read up on in multiple forums, YouTube and personal experience but alot is also my opinion so feel free to experiment and do some more research. I hope this helps :Namaste:
I agree with you King. :circle-of-love:
What people should understand about their decision on what illumination source to use for their cannabis plants is light combined with nutrients, root growth and adequate time are the 4 single largest limiting factors that govern cannabis plant growth and harvest yields and limiting any one of these 4 factors will reduce harvest quality and quantity.
:passitleft:
agreed :high-five: I am still getting my grow style and environment down and would never want anyone to think I am an expert, I just want to pass some info based off personal research/experience. it is true that a knowledgeable grower with less wattage can produce much more and much better quality medicine than a less knowledgeable grower (I include myself in the less knowledgeable)

I have a great news for our AU customers, :circle-of-love:our new container has arrived, together with our four size tents. Now we are updating the information on our website, soon you can order the tents from us with very favorable prices. Cheers. :cheer:

I have a great news for our AU customers, :circle-of-love:our new container has arrived, together with our four size tents. Now we are updating the information on our website, soon you can order the tents from us with very favorable prices. Cheers. :cheer:

Did it also arrive with the 144x5 reflectors:)

Guess what just arrived :cheer: so i just got the new marshydro 144x5 reflector series lights. I have not put the lights in my tent yet but i will be doing so in the next few days. but i have ran a quick watt test and will include some pics of the test as well.

Veg only lights and test
WP_000583.jpg

Veg+Bloom lights and test
WP_000589.jpg

WP_000588.jpg
Woot! The leds on your panels seem to be in totally different arrangement compared to the panels that Dennise got o_O And yours seem to have more blue leds (10 Blues instead of the 6 Blues + 1 Violet/UV) than what Dennise had? Did you ask for a different spectrum? Looks like its still the standard 30 leds for Growth and 18 leds for Bloom however. And I'm talking per panel here.

Anyways, let's do some back-of-the-envelope calculations:

So 315 watts out of the wall for all the leds + fans:
The fans they use are 3.6W rated (12V 0.40A ball-bearing) = 3 * 3.6W = 10.8W. Take into account the efficiency of a typical bulk standard AC/DC SMPS (around 80%): 10.8W / 0.80 = 13.5W + the SMPS probably takes around 1-2 watts in idle, so round up the fans to account for 15 watts of the power usage.

So we are left with 300 watts for the 3 x LED panels:
The non-isolated AC/DC converters (led-drivers) for the leds have probably an efficiency between 80-90%. Lets say the drivers are reasonably well designed and reach 90% efficiency (the small size of the drivers and plastic casing would suggest they are pretty efficient (or that they just run super hot...)):
300W * 0.90 = 270W / 144 leds = 1.875W per led.

Now at least in my 48*3W Reflector, the panel was powered by 2 * 50W drivers, so I assume they would just duplicate this setup for the number of panels. However, if the new 144*5W reflectors are consuming 209W in Growth/Veg mode, that would mean, each panel is consuming (209W - 15W(fans)) / 3 = ~65 watts. So I guess they've had to upgrade half of the drivers? Or they are still using the 2 * 50W drivers per panel and totally maxing out the other one.

For comparison, the old Reflector 144*3W had a reported power consumption of 280 watts from the wall. Doing the same calculations for it yields around 1.656W per led.

:volcano-smiley:

Good morning every one, I have a favor to ask all of you.:circle-of-love: As now our company is going to expand our business, we are trying to find more retailors or distributors in the worldwide, if you or your friend who is running a shop or a company or he owns a website store, and if you are /he is interested in our products, please contact me freely. PM me or email me. Thank you. :thanks:

Good morning every one, I have a favor to ask all of you.:circle-of-love: As now our company is going to expand our business, we are trying to find more retailors or distributors in the worldwide, if you or your friend who is running a shop or a company or he owns a website store, and if you are /he is interested in our products, please contact me freely. PM me or email me. Thank you. :thanks:

Thought the same, weeks ago.... I will let you know, if the time is come to take buisiness iwth your company :thumb:

PM within the next weekend will be sent to you, sara. Best regards,

Hazehase:roorrip:

Any email Sara? I can't send PM

I did not special order the new mars 144x5 LED and ill have to look back and see the diode ratios. but i love your math man and i hope the light performs well

Woot! The leds on your panels seem to be in totally different arrangement compared to the panels that Dennise got o_O And yours seem to have more blue leds (10 Blues instead of the 6 Blues + 1 Violet/UV) than what Dennise had? Did you ask for a different spectrum? Looks like its still the standard 30 leds for Growth and 18 leds for Bloom however. And I'm talking per panel here.

The fans they use are 3.6W rated (12V 0.40A ball-bearing) = 3 * 3.6W = 10.8W. Take into account the efficiency of a typical bulk standard AC/DC SMPS (around 80%): 10.8W / 0.80 = 13.5W + the SMPS probably takes around 1-2 watts in idle, so round up the fans to account for 15 watts of the power usage.

The non-isolated AC/DC converters (led-drivers) for the leds have probably an efficiency between 80-90%. Lets say the drivers are reasonably well designed and reach 90% efficiency (the small size of the drivers and plastic casing would suggest they are pretty efficient (or that they just run super hot...)):

Now at least in my 48*3W Reflector, the panel was powered by 2 * 50W drivers, so I assume they would just duplicate this setup for the number of panels. However, if the new 144*5W reflectors are consuming 209W in Growth/Veg mode, that would mean, each panel is consuming (209W - 15W(fans)) / 3 = ~65 watts. So I guess they've had to upgrade half of the drivers? Or they are still using the 2 * 50W drivers per panel and totally maxing out the other one.

For comparison, the old Reflector 144*3W had a reported power consumption of 280 watts from the wall. Doing the same calculations for it yields around 1.656W per led.

The spectrum is the same, there cannot be more blue lights on the same panel. Lol :circle-of-love:

Good evening arellanobrian, hope you will get great result too, :thumb:
I did not special order the new mars 144x5 LED and ill have to look back and see the diode ratios. but i love your math man and i hope the light performs well

Thank you Hazehase, I will wait for your PM then. :thanks:
Thought the same, weeks ago.... I will let you know, if the time is come to take buisiness iwth your company :thumb:

PM within the next weekend will be sent to you, sara. Best regards,

Hazehase:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom