Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

OKay, I was thinking of adding a 400 on each side of the 1200 with each coming paycheck though to boost the lighting I want to get the max amount of plants out of the space

then i would say your plants will not be in need of lighting ;)

How much would you expect out of an average/small yield for the sea of green method?

that i will not give you an answer to. to many variables lays in that question. ;) your skills,medium grown in, temps, humitity, pheno, fertz etc. but under that 1200 you will get a good portion. nuff to get you floating above water for some time on the meds-site

HookdOnChron your 1200 would do better in a 4x4 tent

but if he is planing on buying the two 400 models also, the 5x5 stated would be better ;) But you are right my meters to feet head convertion was a bit of in the morning before coffee. LED Bud is right 4x4 suits the 1200 footprint perfect. but if your going bigger later on anyways go for the 5x5 you talked about of course

Okay thanks for the input! I was looking at there reflector series as well as there Pro, how do these lights compare with say the 400's?

reflector series is a good low budget solution and really good for narrow grow rooms. being down with about -100000 bucks on my foreclosure on the house some years back, i went with the cheaper panels when started up on growing again ;) But if you got the green means for it, buy the newer technology the pro series will be dope im sure :) reflectors and the mars 2 series uses epistar LEDS the pro series uses Cree (cree are those strong ass type lenses that blinds you to the max at nighttime on the highway when bigspenders roll by in there bigass Audi ;)

:circle-of-love: you may be able to find a lots of them on Ebay.
have been looking for those splitters for your lamps were do i order one with the EU plug? got way to much wirering in my closet would love to minimize it a bit :)

:circle-of-love: Hi HookdOnChron, welcome to the thread.:Namaste: The effective coverage of MarsII1200w is 4'x4'. If the actual grow area is 5'x5', you'd better to add two Reflector144. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am new to Mars Hydro and growing and plan on having my first grow for my medical marijuana after 2 years of debating growing my own medicine! I have Ordered a Mars 2 1200 watt, and plan on ordering a 5 by 5 tent from them as well. How many plants will this light have the power to support? Should I add more lighting for the 5 by 5?

:circle-of-love: this will also do the grow space.:high-five: but with this amount of power, you'd better to control the temp well.:volcano-smiley:
OKay, I was thinking of adding a 400 on each side of the 1200 with each coming paycheck though to boost the lighting I want to get the max amount of plants out of the space

:circle-of-love: Mars Pro is the latest series. It has Epistar and Cree leds from which you can choose one. Compared to MarsII, Mars Pro has remote control. It's convenient for the grow. And Reflector has rectangular shape, which will fit for rectangular grow space. MarsII is square. :circle-of-love:
Okay thanks for the input! I was looking at there reflector series as well as there Pro, how do these lights compare with say the 400's?

:thumb:Haha, it's true, when I put them together, Cree is much brighter than Epistar.
reflector series is a good low budget solution and really good for narrow grow rooms. being down with about -100000 bucks on my foreclosure on the house some years back, i went with the cheaper panels when started up on growing again ;) But if you got the green means for it, buy the newer technology the pro series will be dope im sure :) reflectors and the mars 2 series uses epistar LEDS the pro series uses Cree (cree are those strong ass type lenses that blinds you to the max at nighttime on the highway when bigspenders roll by in there bigass Audi ;)

:circle-of-love:My dearest friends, Reflector48 has been out of stock now in US. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don't worry and hurry, the new stock will come at the end of the month.:hug: I will keep you guys informed. And one more thing, you all know that our MarsII has been upgraded to the switchable one. However, not every warehouse has the new one. To be more clear, I will list the models with switches at every warehouse.
US: All with switches ( sweet note: if you order from Ebay, there is a chance you will get MarsII700w without switches)
UK: All but MarsII700w and MarsII1200w (The warehouse has mixed the old one with the new one, so you still have chance to get MarsII700w and 1200w without switches)
DE: All but MarsII700w, MarsII900w ( The situation and reason are the same as that of UK)
CA: All but MarsII700w, 900w, 1200w
AU: All but MarsII900w, 1200w
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.:circle-of-love:

They are looking good , coming right along arellanobrian

FYI

My 100x 3w 300w panels use the C-13 plug so the splitter will work for it as well as I have learned the Mars II panels.

That splitter cable is $15 online.

Thanks LEDBud, this is the cable I was asking about in an earlier post. To run my 120x5w 600w panels from one wall outlet and timer.

Hi SmokeSara,

I placed an order for 3 of the 1200w mars II systems last week. My order number is 10549. UPS delivered only 1 of the 3 systems as you can see from the tracking. I contacted info@mars-hydro.com about the problem on friday but have not heard back from them yet. Would you please help correct this problem so I can get my other 2 led systems. I really like your product and plan to purchase more in the future.

Thank you,
mushfarmer

I'm running 3 X 144x5's in my 5x5

Suggestions, 5x5's are great for a Veg tent when you want room and not concerned with lighting up a 5x5 footprint. You want to flower, stick with even number increments. i.e. 2x4, 4x4, 4x8 etc. Most LEDs you will find are square and cover 4x4 in flower.

As for the reflector series, 3 of them cover my 5x5 really well. Currently in the 3rd weed of flower and I feel they cover the footprint pretty well, penetration is great. I found that currently 18" is too close and backed them off to 24". Things are cooling off here in Colorado and my flower room temps are @ 78 with the exhaust turned low.

IMG_234210.JPG
IMG_239514.JPG

(1st week of flower)

After a few more harvests I will switch the flower tent to the 4x4 and invest in a light to cover that.

I'm running 3 X 144x5's in my 5x5

Suggestions, 5x5's are great for a Veg tent when you want room and not concerned with lighting up a 5x5 footprint. You want to flower, stick with even number increments. i.e. 2x4, 4x4, 4x8 etc. Most LEDs you will find are square and cover 4x4 in flower.

As for the reflector series, 3 of them cover my 5x5 really well. Currently in the 3rd weed of flower and I feel they cover the footprint pretty well, penetration is great. I found that currently 18" is too close and backed them off to 24". Things are cooling off here in Colorado and my flower room temps are @ 78 with the exhaust turned low.

IMG_234210.JPG
IMG_239514.JPG

(1st week of flower)

After a few more harvests I will switch the flower tent to the 4x4 and invest in a light to cover that.

looks really good man perfect coverage there i think

:circle-of-love:My dearest friends, Reflector48 has been out of stock now in US. :cheesygrinsmiley: Don't worry and hurry, the new stock will come at the end of the month.:hug: I will keep you guys informed. And one more thing, you all know that our MarsII has been upgraded to the switchable one. However, not every warehouse has the new one. To be more clear, I will list the models with switches at every warehouse.
US: All with switches ( sweet note: if you order from Ebay, there is a chance you will get MarsII700w without switches)
UK: All but MarsII700w and MarsII1200w (The warehouse has mixed the old one with the new one, so you still have chance to get MarsII700w and 1200w without switches)
DE: All but MarsII700w, MarsII900w ( The situation and reason are the same as that of UK)
CA: All but MarsII700w, 900w, 1200w
AU: All but MarsII900w, 1200w
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.:circle-of-love:

that is very awesome to here!! i always thought that a bloom/veg switch :circle-of-love: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom