Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Sweet! Thanks for that Nerfbane.
I started a topic in the data facts section of the forum for anyone who can shed some light on UMOL'/S so if you know your stuff please inform me!

I would. Hell even just some nail polish depending on how big it is.

This is the extent of the damage:
Photo1-2013.JPG

Not sure one of my miss's flask will be enough... :confused:
... and I don't think red would look good on that :)

Maybe a heat resistant paint?
The unit doesn't get that hot. It's LED after all.
I think a standard paint will suffice.

Hi Sara and everyone. I'm new to the forum so if I do something wrong please don't smash me.. just pull me up on it.
I have read a lot about the lights on this forum and another with next to all positive feedback. I'm new to the LED scene and I'm growing in a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent. I'm also in Australia. I searched Ebay and found this.

5W Chipset Newest Universal MARS?700W LED Grow Light 9BAND IR Hydroponic Lamp | eBay

I asked the seller if it was the same company. They said no but the light is from the exact same factory so he claims. I don't want to be buying a fake or getting ripped off so I thought I would ask you. I'm in Australia and would like to order one so my next question for everybody is what has been the best light spectrum everyone has been getting? I know their is a standard one but I also know people have been asking for the Blackdog and Area51 spectrums. I just want the best for my grow and would like IR included. I can ad UVB myself.

Thank you for your time and assistance people.
Astar
G'day mate!
I'm in Oz, I ordered off the web page in Sara's sig, it hit australia the next day and sat in customs for 3 :)
G'day to you too!
(or good night I should say...)

Hi EyeDoolt, we have half containor arrived at US customs about 10days. and we will have another container arrive in 10days. our Chinese new year is coming at the end of Jan. we will not work those days. we have about one month can not make light and ship stock lights to US warehouse. so we will out of stock easily. we sell a lot every month.

I will send a picture to you tomorrow show how to connect the light together.
Sara I'm confused, are you guys not going to be having more stock in the US soon? Wouldn't it make sense to send more stock to the US warehouse instead of sending each person their order from China? Also does anyone know how to do a daisy chain on these 240x5w fixtures? The extender plug looks like some weird plug on my lights.

Hi Jimmy, yes, your customs is not friendly. it has been 10days.:(
My light should have never went threw custom's.It was supposed to be in-stock at US warehouse.

Just get a rust primer for an outside wood burner. My dad used to make BBQs out of old metal scrap, and if it can take the heat of a wood fire it can take some power supply heat with a fan inside.
Thanks for that.
I was thinking just a standard rust primer would do, since I don't think heat is an issue.

SpaceCroc- Was that through shipping? Dang that's irritating Does the warped sides effect any of the led angles or anything else on the unit?
It's hard to say. The box doesn't seem to be damaged. There are scratches but not a big mark or anything.
That said, carton and packaging foam are flexible enough so it is possible you could not notice if it was dropped during shipping.
So really, it could have been during shipping, during warehouses transit or even packaging.
Sara said that it can't be at packaging as she assures everything is OK before sending...
The end result is the same: instead of getting a new light, I got a dropped one... (no replacement)
Irritating indeed :(

So far (...) the light is working, it has been running for almost a week now.
As far as I can tell, the bend metal doesn't come into contact with any internal components, so I keep my fingers crossed...

hey sara
I was under impression that lights were already in usa when I ordered mine today. I hope customs won't be a problem for my 700 watt model

Had I known about the whole customs thing I am not sure if I would've made an order I'm not sure what is considered good business these days but it seems like anything goes. From reading this thread though it seems overall that Sara does a fantastic job and will correct this asap.

I agree with Jimmy6000, Sara has been exceptionally supportive of this site. Who would figure on that long of a customs hold. I too have a 700 & 1200 on order. But, I knew they were not in the warehouse when I ordered them from following this thread. They are great lights for the price. I already own a 400 MarsII and a 600 watt in the old style.

I agree with Jimmy6000, Sara has been exceptionally supportive of this site. Who would figure on that long of a customs hold. I too have a 700 & 1200 on order. But, I knew they were not in the warehouse when I ordered them from following this thread. They are great lights for the price. I already own a 400 MarsII and a 600 watt in the old style.

Agree completely! Sara won me over and will get all future purchases from me. I can understand some people's frustrations, but customs is beyond their control. Also fairly certain Sara informed people in this thread a couple weeks ago about stock.

Back
Top Bottom