Draxlin's 1st Grow - Nirvana Ice - 2013

draxlin

This will be my first grow! I'm so excited to finally get this going. I've been building my grow cabinet over the past several weeks and now it's time to see how she works.

Started germinating Nirvana's ICE.

White strain: Yes
Feminized: No
Medical: Yes
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: pungent / fruity
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid

Hi Draxlin, Welcome to the :420: forums, my man. ;)

I've smoked some of that strain before and it was very nice. I hear its easy to grow and produces well also. Pics of your setup and grow would be nice. to learn how to post you can check out this link for instructions. Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
I'm subscribed to your thread, good luck with your grow.

:rollit:

There isn't a lot to report yet. I have read a few posts where growers noted that these seeds take a little longer to germinate. For me, it took approximately 24hrs before the seeds started to open. Even though the taproots where not poking out yet, I went ahead and transferred the seeds to soil last night. These seeds are not feminized, so I've got my fingers crossed that at least one will be a mother.

*I'm using FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil.

My basic plan:
  1. germinate 2 seeds
  2. grow and TOP
  3. sex the plants using a DIY bubble cloner

• If both are Female I will finish them out. Otherwise I will use 2 clones from the mother. If I do end up with two males...start over ;)

Cabinet Update:
I've finished the lighting in both my mother and clone/veg chambers. I do have temp issues right now that I'm attempting to sort out. I have four, 120mm fans that are intended to distribute the air between the chambers. I purchased these specifically with stealth in mind and they are not doing the job. So I've purchased and am awaiting delivery of the replacements.

Current fan specs:
Dual Ball Bearing - 120mm
RPM: 1200 +/- 10%
CFM: 46
dB: 20.4dba

Replacement fan specs:
2 Ball - 120mm
RPM: 2000 RPM
CFM: 103

db: 35 dBA

Air Flow Diag
Cabinet-airflow.jpg

I was going to use FFOF, but I've seen too many problems with it burning up young plants. It's a bit hot. I ended up using mostly Sunshine #4 and mixed in a large amount of perlite and around 20% FFOF. I was really pleased with the results. Just thought I'd toss that out there. You may want to "dilute" the FFOF with some medium that isn't so nute packed - at least until your plants get established. I've used FF Light Warrior in the past to start seedling for veg garden and it is an exceptional soil for starting plants in. Just something you may want to consider to get yourself off to a smooth start.

I was going to use FFOF, but I've seen too many problems with it burning up young plants. .

Thanks for the suggestion! I've heard some say this about the FFOF too, but opted to try starting with it anyway.
I'm using straight FFOF in my 3" starter pots. I do have a bag of Shultz to try if things don't pan out.

I'm not sure if I need it but I did pick up a bag of Happy Frog High Phosphorus Bat Guano (0-5-0). Was thinking of making a guano tea or just using it as a soil additive prior to flowering or not use it at all. I was a little ;) when I talked to the lady at the garden center about my tomatoes :) Suggestions or thoughts?

I'm not qualified to make many suggestions. I can tell you this; you have a long time to figure out your feeding schedule. You won't need to feed for at least a couple of weeks yet. The worst problems I've seen with the FFOF occur when people see a little nute burn early and think the plants need something. Then, they dump on additional nutes and things go to hell quick. Stick with water only for the time being

When I ordered my light from toppled I would have probably ordered that one - if it had been available when I needed it....I'm very happy with the toppled light I chose to fit my space and requirements - almost 400 watts in an 18"x24" inch space. I also rely heavily on the power of the sun to save money and enjoy nature. I feel like you've made a quality purchase! I saved a bundle over the other alternatives.

I did not bug Sarah about my choice at all, I just read the forums, looked at the options and assessed my options. I ordered on-line. The product arrived promptly, and it does what I want it to do.

If I have a problem I'm confident that Sarah and the folks at toppled will make it right. She works really hard and I hope that she is justly rewarded for the time and effort she puts in.

Rock on, brother. That light will do the job without the heat issues that plague so many. Please send 1/2 of the power savings to my paypal account, or another credible charity.

Nice light!! Your on you way with the little seedlings. :high-five:
If you have any questions just shout out, you already have some quality growers following your thread.
Good Luck.;)

Back
Top Bottom