Draxlin's 1st Grow - Nirvana Ice - 2013

Plants are looking great draxlin, the height in your closet looks fine to have the screen at 12 inches, or 9, either way.
Keep up the good work, and good luck with flower when you flip.;)

Plants are looking great draxlin, the height in your closet looks fine to have the screen at 12 inches, or 9, either way.
Keep up the good work, and good luck with flower when you flip.;)
Thank you all for the help and comments. Stealthgrow thank you too for giving me a little more confidence in my setup. This is my first grow, so I really have no idea how much more growth to expect once they are flipped to flower. My understanding is they will grow some 40% more or so? However I thought the idea with SCROG was to keep all that growth tucked under and only allow the bud sites to go above the screens?

The plants really seem to be thriving lately from the added UFO spectrum's. As I mentioned early the plants were transplanted into 3 gal pots on Saturday 11/3. So, 11 days later and all appears well. I think I must be doing something right ;) as I noticed some roots on both plants coming out of the very bottom drainage holes. I take that to mean I have a good root system place.

Last watering was on Sunday 11/10. I was going to water again tomorrow, but I may hold off until Saturday. Actually it all depends on when my nutes show up. I recently ordered FOX FARMS TRIO ~ 2 oz ~ CHA CHING ~ OPEN SESAME ~ BEASTIE BLOOMZ. My plan was to start adding the Open Sesame to the feeding schedule on the next watering. So they may be a little thirsty if the nutes don't get here until Saturday. As long as they keep growing the way they have been, I believe I can switch to 12/12 on or before 11/23.

Beautiful grow box Draxlin, very nice craftmanship some reps are on the way:) Heres the thing, most strains will at least double in size by day 21 of flower some more than tripple in size, im assuming that 25 inchs is the maximun height available in your space? your plants are now 7 inches tall so you can expect them to stretch to at least 14 inches tall if not more if you flipped right now, this would bring the colas around 7 inches above the screens and give you 11 inches from the light to the canopy, I wouldn't want them any closer than that bro, as they start to stretch you can use the screens to spread them out to fill the space and control the height. I suggest flipping sooner than later for your first run to see how this strain grows, theres nothing worse than an overgrown space, you nugs will suffer, trust me on that, i ve scrogged many different ways in the past. Once you have a feel for the strain then you can start playing around with flip times to maximize your yield. I hope this helps:)

Thank you so much for checking out my grow and lending some more expertise advise. In fact appreciate everyone's guidance on this. These forums have been absolutely amazing.

It would seem the general consensus would be to flip them to flowering soon. So with everyone's advice I will plan to flip the switch to 12/12 this Saturday.

Yep you've got great lights, they seem real strong so in such a space I'd flip and work the screens. Really great going so far well done!

Thanks for checking out my grow.

I just checked my tracking numbers and my FoxFarms solubles will be delivered today! I plan to feed this evening and change the light schedule. It has been suggested in various threads, including mine to not use the FF feeding schedule as printed. However I didn't heed this advise yet and so far, as you can see, the plants are quite healthy. Maybe I've been lucky or possibly a tough as nails strain? I don't know, but I was thinking since it has been thriving so far, I would just continue to feed as per the FF schedule suggests.

Feeding today will be:
Big Bloom ~ 3tsp
Grow Big ~ 2tsp
Open Sesame ~ 1/4tsp

Cutting the lights to 16/8 today, which will put them on their first 12/12 starting tomorrow. Crossing fingers that what I believe to be my girls actually are ;)

If you do the flushing with sledgehammer in the FF feeding schedule do this, I followed the directions on bottle and it burnt my plants badly....

1. 2 tsp per gallon of sledgehammer
2. give to plants till run off
3. wait 10-15 mins
4. Flush THOROUGHLY with at least twice the soil volume of water

From my understanding what happens if not do step 4 the Sledge makes a 'gunk' of all the salts in soil (in the 15 min wait time) and if you do not wash this out will choke roots. If you look at my outdoor grow thread you can see what happened to my plants when I did not rinse it out after.

As always thanks for the advice. I didn't actually purchase the Sledgehammer as I've read mixed reviews. In fact I wasn't sure to flush them at all this point. So I guess I'm not quite following the "exact" feeding schedule.

So question now for all you experienced growers. Is a flush necessary for me at this point? The plants appear healthy now, but I want to avoid a possible nute lockout.

1) Should I flush today?
2) If so, can I feed nutes immediately afterwards?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Well I'm pretty flipping excited! At least I think I am or I just don't know what the hell I'm seeing here. I switched the plants to 12/12 yesterday, so how can this be?!? I was inspecting my two plants, as I seem to do every day and it appears one of them is showing sex. Of course, I'm a noob so I need a second opinion or clarification on what I'm seeing ;)

IMG_20131117_161651.jpg
Capture124.JPG

Your two babies are looking healthy though, I like the supplementary CFLs to supplement the low wavelength count of the COB. You get your free UFO from Sara yet? Mine should be arriving today. If not just email her and she will get it going, got it going fast for me, good Customer Service.

Should I leave the supplemental UFO In place during flowering? I was planning to, but may as well ask in case I shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom