Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:high-five: haha, Colesdad, will this affect my business? hahaha. BTW, I will not buy a new car after three years, I make my own decision, but not manufacture, hahahaha.
I look at it like a new car warranty. You buy a car that had a 3year/36000mile warranty. If it breaks within those promised times, they fix it. If something happens after that, you fix it.

The car manufacture would love for you to buy one every 3 years, but most consumers do not. It's either they pay repairs, or not. I trust my seat belt to help me if something goes terribly wrong with the car , and I trust my power strip, circuit breaker and smoke alarm if something goes terribly wrong with my light.

your setup is really very safe Gfcollective, I believe a lot people learn from you today including me , thanks for your sharing .
this was the main reason i searched for one of the best circuit breakers in our area without spending 200$ and having a electrician re-wire its own switch.

i also installed a smoke detector inside my veg room and above my flower tent to give any last minute warning.

the one 't' i havent crossed yet is getting this portable sprinkler system that you attach to your ceiling. when it sense's smoke like the detector it releases 2.5-5 gallons of water. messy, but no fire ;)

I&i

after 3 years, once warranty is voided i would (being a techy guy) take it apart and just check the inside, clean it if needed make sure no wires or sauder are burning or melting and fans are all operating correctly.

Send them to me after three years I will gladly pay the postage! :thanks:

I think we can find a place to sell the second hand products, I believe someone always wants new things, so the old one is useless, I believe they would like to sell out at a low price:))))

10watt is not available this two year I think, I did not hear that Epistar provide that chip, I know CREE has, but led grow light can not use that chip. CREE chip, white is great, but other color is not as good as others. also, their price is too expensive, a lot people can not afford it, so we need to wait.
You're absolutely right Colesdad. I don't plan on throwing them out at 3 years. My Toshiba TV is more than 10 years old. It had a 1 year warranty. I will however open them in a couple years and clean them of dust and stuff to keep them operating at their peak. By then I'll have the TopLED 10 watt chip lights. Hopefully. How about it Sara? Any 10 watt chip lights in the works from TopLED?

WJ

this was the main reason i searched for one of the best circuit breakers in our area without spending 200$ and having a electrician re-wire its own switch.

i also installed a smoke detector inside my veg room and above my flower tent to give any last minute warning.

the one 't' i havent crossed yet is getting this portable sprinkler system that you attach to your ceiling. when it sense's smoke like the detector it releases 2.5-5 gallons of water. messy, but no fire ;)

I&i

after 3 years, once warranty is voided i would (being a techy guy) take it apart and just check the inside, clean it if needed make sure no wires or sauder are burning or melting and fans are all operating correctly.

the cleaning sounds like a great idea. I already have a circuit breaker and a smoke detector and a surge protector the only reason I hit the panic button is that it's Sarah and she's always giving me good advice a great product and great customer service so when she says she has concerns after 3 years I'm gonna listen I'm not going to bet everything I own on a bag of flowers no matter how big had bag might be. this is not just a form club member it's a manufacturer representative. And my Lights won't be going in the trash but they will be going to an outdoor shed. me and my family thank you for the heads up Sarah! I will take the appropriate precautions and rotate the old lights out to the shed. losing the shed would suck losing the house unacceptable.

10 Watt chips and LEDs only last for 1 grow... thats 90 Days... then you need to throw then out or send them to me... LMAO!!!!
Ohooo yea... thats 90 Days from the manufacturing date.. not when you get them... hahahah

hey Cheffz, you are so bad,haha.

I'm running autos, so light leakage isn't to big a deal. I'm doing my grow in a bedroom closet. This is what is looks like at 8pm in our bedroom!

My wife rolled her eyes and said "really____, this ain't going to happen in here, you got to do something about this". Damn, this light is bright
CAM003182.jpg

(sorry for the sideways picture)

Looks like I need a tarp and some mylar lol!

weekend:party::party::party: :hookah::hookah::lot-o-toke::passitleft:
I'm running autos, so light leakage isn't to big a deal. I'm doing my grow in a bedroom closet. This is what is looks like at 8pm in our bedroom!

My wife rolled her eyes and said "really____, this ain't going to happen in here, you got to do something about this". Damn, this light is bright
CAM003182.jpg

(sorry for the sideways picture)

Looks like I need a tarp and some mylar lol!

dear all my friends, I am sorry that our US shipment delayed, and they just released at customs. it will arrive at warehouse next Tuesday,so all the 1600w orders will be shipped next Wednesday, Sorry for our delay. we will send yo-yo hanger to you as gift.

Colesdad, You need a tent in there. Looks so innviting though. Go outside and look at your windows. I was surprised when I looked at mine. I'm doing autos too.

WJ

Thought about it, but it would but me over budget! I'm going to journal my grow. Everything, including seeds for $350.

Be nice to her. I'm married 38 years and we lived together through college for 4 years. She has put up with me and I am so fortunate to be with her. I hope for your future with your lady is as happy as mine has been. This is my first time growing medicine. Didn't really want to, my lovely wife convinced me.

Thanks for your consoling for the fan. The new one came damaged and I had to buy a second to get it here quick. They paid for 1 day usps to return damaged one so they can refund me fast. Great company in my opinion. They are in Michigan. They aren't a sponsor, so they will remain un~named so as not to rile the mods.
Good growing vibes sent your way Gf.

WJ

that sucks about the fan.. im with you on waiting for the cooler seasons.

like yourself, my fiance tends to play a big roll in what i can and cant do with my garden inside the house. luckily she loves my gardens when winter time hits ;) about the only time, or when i start herbs for her to watch me grow :p

I&i

Harbor Freight tarp would do just fine they have silver metalized one for inside that door on a shower curtain rod &/0r you could put a regular window curtain rod for covering that door front the outside & track that would allow the curtain to be opened right in front of that door
(use a thick comforter as a curtain would help moderate the fan noise )
nosiy family & friends are less likely to open a curtain but they always wantta open doors
the cheapest way would be tarp in front of door suspended on a wire screwed to the upper door jam horizontal member

Hey all, so far I'm loving my lights but would like to open a can of worms on our eye safety and these panels.I've been doing alot of research on the spectrums and damage it can cause your eyes. Basically what I found is, even if you are running led or hps, eye protection is a must. Now you can buy cheaper versions of hps protection glasses but I am struggling to find a decent priced led pair. Method seven certainly have the package there but I am on limited budget and we'll so far over budget lol. It seems the spectrum you want to protect yourself from is 600nm to 750nm with uva b and c.would cheaper laser protection glasses do the job as long as they support that spectrum range? I also noticed the green lens ones also allow you to see normally like under white light not the magneta look.

I use a pair of Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyes when I work in my grow rooms. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses have a slightly blue color to them when used with LED lights but allow a close enough examination of the plants.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Zombie, awesome tips. I wanted something on the inside of the door. I hadn't thought of the shower rod on the inside of the closet! I've got a heavy duty tarp (not a cheep blue one). I was thinking last night of cutting it and using velcro on the inside, but the shower rod sounds much easier.:thanks:

Zombie, awesome tips. I wanted something on the inside of the door. I hadn't thought of the shower rod on the inside of the closet! I've got a heavy duty tarp (not a cheep blue one). I was thinking last night of cutting it and using velcro on the inside, but the shower rod sounds much easier.:thanks:
shower rod across the top to hold up the weight of the curtain(tarp) & then use your idea with velcro along the edges @ the side
you'd get a light tight seal that way & misses would never see the LED leaking out .

ah hahahah my tent is hidden in a corner of my dinning room behind some bamboo blinds (in a tent).. it holds light but when i open that door up the entire dinning room and most living room lights up. fiance is fine with the light, its my fans that get to her :p haha just got a fan adjuster so i can turn fans down when we are in dinning room.

i found that if your lady likes a flower (rose perhaps) or something else to possibly grow that in with your flowers to give her something to watch and possibly care for. just make sure she doesnt start cucumbers in your tent ;)

I&i

Edit : o yea, btw.. your door looks like it should be opening and a alien appearing on the other side ;)

I use a pair of Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyes when I work in my grow rooms. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses have a slightly blue color to them when used with LED lights but allow a close enough examination of the plants.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Hmm..wonder if a green pair of those or similar would fix it?

Hey smokesara any ideas? Maybe you guys could produce some glasses to compliment your panels.

Back
Top Bottom