Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

CoNerd,

thanks for your great feedback, I have forwarded this message to our factory this afternoon, they promised they will change ASAP, after we make a new tent, we would like to send you one FREE to express our grateful. thank you very much .
Sara,

I hope you don't mind if I provide some early feedback on your new tents. I just purchased a tent made in China which is similar in construction to the MH prototypes. I'm completely convinced they are the best way to grow indoors.

First my likes:
1. I like D door openings much better than T.
2. The blue borders. I think "stealth black" makes a grow tent stand out more. I'd suggest making it look exactly like a fabric wardrobe closet if you can. Google for images of them. A colored exterior could be a good thing.

What I see that I don't like:
1. The doors need hooks and a corresponding D ring in the proper place so they hang neatly out of the way when open.

2. I don't think the 15cm ports in the sides are very useful when using LED lighting. If you want to market to HPS light owners, I guess they're needed. Mine are unused and in the way.
- I'd suggest placing the vents more in the back corners, inline with the exhaust fan. Maybe they only need to be 10cm in a tent using LED lighting.

3. The vent flap design is suboptimal. I want my tent to seal when there's neutral air pressure inside (fan off) and be open for air intake through a fine screen otherwise (fan on).

I cut my tent's vent flap off the outside and remounted it on the inside where it act as a flapper valve when the exhaust fan is active. I weighted the bottom edge of the flap so it would hang tight and (mostly) seal. Negative air pressure opens it, and gravity holds it closed. I recommend making the flaps completely removable with velcro on all 4 inside edges. Sew opposing velcro on the outside of the tent for a seal, and just one strip along the top on the inside, so the flap can also attach on the inside and act as an air valve.

A few missing features that your competition has:
1. Corner reinforcements.
2. A bottom slop tray. (Ideally with waterproof seams)
3. Double cuffs on each port. (OK. you're just not showing them clearly)

My wish list for my next tent.
1. A wire shelf at the top to support and mount the fan, filter, timers, controllers and cords.
2. Adjustable height SCROG supports with a screen. The fabric wardrobe shelving is pretty close to what we need.
3. A compact, quiet EC centrifugal exhaust fan, sized properly for the tent.

Hope this helps!

:Namaste:

-

Looks great sara, thank you! I can't wait to order...

I asked our tech to make grow tent get ready to order before 20th this month, hope they can do it :)

Hi KingJames, I would like to use this name as our new product name after thinking, this name is easy to remember and I think that means this light can leads people to find the right thing, right? haha , I am not sure that is ok ,haha.
I would vote for Mars-Hydro Chrome series

for the small grow cheap people...
og kush five weeks flower

0012049.JPG

011913.JPG

using 48 x 3w reflector and 100 x 3w classic in the closet
cheap store bought soil, added extra perlite
with falling temps i will add a few cfl for extra heat and lumen

certainly not as good as some but i learn everyday

i am a person and i try my best to keep it real

I just put in an order for the reflector series yesterday.Im really excited to recieve it.What is the average wait time for usa customers?

Thanks for your support CL. usually we can ship the light out within 24hours after we get your order. please wait our tracking this evening, Lucy will email you tracking number. if you did not get email, please email to : forum@mars-hydro.com she will get back to you very fast.

good morning real dennise.
couch it is usually under a week if they are in stock in the USA.... They have amazing shipping and customer service...and I am a real person ...:yahoo:...:circle-of-love:

I believe a lot people want to know when will we release the new lights, but I can not tell, because I am not sure if these test light can work well. if these lights goes well, hope we can put it on our website to preorder next month and begin to ship out at the beginning of next year. thats my wish, so if you can not wait too long, please order our current lights, they are also great. :)))))))))))))

for I am too busy this week, so I will only read this topic and reply. if anyone else need help from me, please tell them to ask here, I will try to reply ASAP, thank you all, I am too tired today, go to bed now. C U tomorow, have a great day all.

Like grow lights, we will stock at a lot countries all over the world, at present, we only ship hundreds to US. other countries, we will ship to when we make some correct. For tent is very heavy, so we can not use international express like light, so we can only ship locally.

Sara,

I was finally able to get my payment to process. Thanks to both you and Lucy for your assistance.

Woo Hoo...two 900's on the way....

Will I receive shipping info at some point?

Hell I don't have much to add, but one of the reasons that I like this forum is the interactions and attempt to try to be helpful from everyone. Keep it up. Even the smallest idea or suggestion is helpful to a lot of us.

What are the measurements? How much wieght can it support? Does it come with a pan the bottom?

i would like to see some exhaust out holes left in the tent. if you wanted to run a 1600 in their biggest tent model you will need to have air flow in and out.

i have a 4" blower blowing air into my 5x5x7 tent and a 4" blower pulling air out as well (now with temps down around 15-25 degrees the fans run at 10% speed)

many of the other ideas for the new (new) improved tent i love, specially the scrog setup (id pay for that) maybe call it the CoFinest series ;)

I&i

**Without a scrog type setup like CoFinest has, you get this weak looking scrog net setup..

look how tangly that looks, itll work for this grow just to hold nugs up and keep them spaced apart. next grow ill be setting up a pvc frame for scrog net

20141108_234700.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeSara View Post
Our blackfriday discount will delay to next month, we do not have product to ship out this month.

no worrys, here in the states all our stores are stretching black friday into black week.. black friday is now history ha, just like all our holidays are celebrated for a solid month now it seems. ive decided to celebrate the pagan holidays, they actually have meaning behind them. this will be my second yule!

I&i

Back
Top Bottom