Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yup ventilation is the area you can't cheap out on or cheat. You will need a ducting collar, clamps, tubing etc. Not the thread for this kind of talk being off topic and all. :)

I have a 144x3 reflector from TOP LED aka Mars Hydro, I have it in a 3x5ft tent.. For a 2x2 that might do the trick, the one thing I made the mistake of doing was having the light close to the plants at the start.. Once I moved the panel to 18+ inches above the canopy they took off like rockets, when I had the panel at 12" above them they were just getting really thick..
Here is a pic of my 144x3 over 6 of my plants at like 20 days of veg on them after transplant..
They went from this
IMG_66188.JPG

Too this... and they look even much better today as this pic was from a week or so ago.. 3 different strains 2 of each type, started from clones.
IMG_66913.JPG

Thanks!

Fellow Growers,
Warning to you about the purchase of lights from Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants formally called https://www.topledgrowlight.com/ . Their main product line is the Mars ii LED

I had purchased about 4 lights from their sales person Sara. Had no issues with the purchase, or shipping. Fast response as well.

However, when I had about 5 diodes fail.....communication came to a stand still. This is within the first 3 months and a 3 year warranty. I have tried for over a month to get a response( starting Nov 4). They only responded once, informing me they were on their way. When I asked for the tracking number, I no longer got a response. My 4-5 additional email requests for an update received no response as well. My last email informed them that I would be posting my experience, I gave them 48 hours......but nothing.

So be warned my friends, that they do not honor their warranty policy. I tired many times so that I dont have to go down this road of posting warnings to consumers.

Fellow Growers,
Warning to you about the purchase of lights from Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants formally called Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led . Their main product line is the Mars ii LED

I had purchased about 4 lights from their sales person Sara. Had no issues with the purchase, or shipping. Fast response as well.

However, when I had about 5 diodes fail.....communication came to a stand still. This is within the first 3 months and a 3 year warranty. I have tried for over a month to get a response( starting Nov 4). They only responded once, informing me they were on their way. When I asked for the tracking number, I no longer got a response. My 4-5 additional email requests for an update received no response as well. My last email informed them that I would be posting my experience, I gave them 48 hours......but nothing.

So be warned my friends, that they do not honor their warranty policy. I tired many times so that I dont have to go down this road of posting warnings to consumers.

i have personally witnessed this to be not true. They have replaced diodes and even sent free lights for their problems. since your here though, im sure you will get instant help. welcome to 420mag

I&i

Glad to hear you were able to have yours replaced. And hope I would get assistance. This is based off my experience, so perhaps they are selective when it comes to their warranty policy. But I still feel others should be aware of this experience to better help with making their purchasing decisions.

Cheers

Curious on how you "purchased about 4 lights" you bought 4 lights or you didnt?

just to be clear, i have had no problems with my mars 1600 for about 4 months now and going strong. i have personally watched several customers of her be helped with diodes, free lights, free gifts, and great customer service as well as the other 100 or so customers she has that are active daily on 420 mag.

like i said, now that your here, im sure we will all see the solution to this problem

I&i

I purchased 2 1200's, a reflector light and a UFO. The reason I used the term "about" is because the UFO isnt that big of a deal.

Again, this is based off my experience. Readers can disregard or take it for what its worth. I have the entire email trail, with multiple email addresses I tried to contact. I dont feel it matters if someone is active daily on a website (perhaps that why the warranty is selective?) Although I'm not an active member, I am however a consumer.

that could be one issue i see already, why would u use multiple email addresses? she would have no way to tell who is running whatever emails you created. if i was you i would use the email i used to buy the lights (if you made a acc) or use the same name on the paypal/debit card used for the purchase. this will make her knowing who is who and who bought what much easier. she deals with the world, not a small village.

you seem set and not willing to work on the issue, if your wanting to fix your "issue" this is the place to do so and if you put your guard down will make things much easier

I&i

(im the to honest it hurts guy, the nicer ones will be here shortly)

EDIT : i misread that youve contacted several addresses, now that your in sara's "thread" you will be taken care of, that much im sure of

that could be one issue i see already, why would u use multiple email addresses? she would have no way to tell who is running whatever emails you created. if i was you i would use the email i used to buy the lights (if you made a acc) or use the same name on the paypal/debit card used for the purchase. this will make her knowing who is who and who bought what much easier. she deals with the world, not a small village.

you seem set and not willing to work on the issue, if your wanting to fix your "issue" this is the place to do so and if you put your guard down will make things much easier

I&i

(im the to honest it hurts guy, the nicer ones will be here shortly)

Bro he said he has multiple emails he's contacted not used.

I know Sara was not feeling well earlier in the week but she should be on here at any time and there is no doubt she will be more than willing to work with you to resolve your problem.... Now that it is posted here she will know there is a problem and she will address it as soon as she possibly can if history means anything... I have received 10 lights from Sara and her customer service is IMO beyond reproach... Since you are now here at 420 please give her an opportunity to correct this issue for you before you completely lose faith. I think you will be glad you did.... I love my TopLeds and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

I know Sara was not feeling well earlier in the week but she should be on here at any time and there is no doubt she will be more than willing to work with you to resolve your problem.... Now that it is posted here she will know there is a problem and she will address it as soon as she possibly can if history means anything... I have received 10 lights from Sara and her customer service is IMO beyond reproach... Since you are now here at 420 please give her an opportunity to correct this issue for you before you completely lose faith. I think you will be glad you did.... I love my TopLeds and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Holy cow, 10 lights. Dennise is growing a jungle!!!

Holy cow, 10 lights. Dennise is growing a jungle!!!

coolest grandma ive heard of, i want to meet her... if she is a real person that is ;)

I&i

hi guys i asked a few pages ago but just got pointed to diaries and youtube vids
Is there anyone using mars hydro leds esp the bigger wattage ones 1200w/1600w and achieving 1 gramm per watt of actual power pulled from the wall?
with grow northern brinign out there new light today and looking like its going to blow everything in the led market out of the water this will go a long way in what led i buy
just a simple yes i have a 1600w mars led and i pull roughly 1 gramm per actual watt ect?

browneyes it is a bit disrespectful to be talking about another manufacturer on Sara thread don't ya think...:confused: I love my TopLeds and the personal help that Sara provides... If you would like to see just what the reflector and the Mars II seriers can do you are more than welcome to check my journal. I just harvested from under a 48x3w reflector, a 96x3w reflector and 2 Mars II's 5w's.... I have all the watt per gram listed... I will tell ya that the reflector series won hands down.... I got over a gram per watt with the 48x3w but the 5w's did not come in as well. I can't remember exactly what it was but it is towards the end of my journal and you can find my journal in my signature. I am not complaining about my numbers at all and hopefully I will get to the 1 gram per watt on this next run but what I just harvested I am thrilled and I love my TopLeds and I am a real person...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

Good morning browneyes......

I don't want you to take offense but your question has been answered. You were pointed to diaries and vids because it was easier to answer that way than to give you a "simple yes" because a "simple yes" is to subjective. The truth of the matter is this, "Its not how big it is, its how you use it". If you know your stain, if your environment is dialed in, if the stain itself is a high yielder, the number of plants you are growing and other factors contribute in the equation of achieving 1gpw+.

You can achieve 1gpw+ with a 200w (actual draw) led or with 200w's of cfl's if you have everything dialed in. Bottom line is this, there are constants and there are variables in this equation. Lights, no matter the size, is a constant and everything else is a variable, including you. Lets take this as an example, you got 1600w of somebodies lights and you want to have a yield of 1600 g what do you do. You go and get some seeds, the breeder says that this particular strain "Can" yield as much as 400g+ per square meter, (I'm from the USA so in my mind a sq meter is a sq yard) that's telling me I need at least 4 sq meters of space, now I have to figure out how many plants per sq meter I'll plant, but I still have to determine how I'll be growing those ladies? Will it be in a sog, a scog, as trees or another style of grow that will also influence how many plants you'll grow. Are you starting to see how the variables will affect your stated goal of achieving 1gpw+? Those are just some of the hard variables, now you have to factor in the soft variables. Soil or soilless, organic or synthetic etc etc, but there's one more soft variable that is a big one, operator skill, and that one can kill a 1gpw grow faster than all the others.

I'm a noob to growing indoors and had only grown outdoors a couple of times decades ago and even then my attitude was whatever I get I get as long as I don't get caught. But, what I have read, time and time again both in the line and between the line is this, "Learn how to grow" hone your skills as a grower, learn how to grow from seed to harvest without "all" the soft variables and "most" of the hard variables being counter-productive to your grow and achieving 1gpw+ will come.

Hope that helps browneyes1888

I wasn't gonna respond, but....

Let's do some math. GPW is a popular measurement, but it only tells part of the story. First of all, if I ONLY account for the actual draw of the lights, I'm ignoring all the other devices drawing power. IMHO, you should be adding up the power used by your AC, fans, pumps etc as well. That being said, people still like to use the measure as a reference. I prefer oz/ft2. Why? because it is grow style neutral. No matter how you grow, this value will always be available and it is an apples to apples comparison as it takes into account every aspect of the grow. This is something I climb on my soapbox about a couple times a year. You should always compare yield per area NOT yield per light watts. That being said, let's put the 1gpw actual # into perspective.

I'll use a similar scenario to what Raziel posted above. Let's assume a 3' x 3', or 1 m2 under a Mars II 400w (They claim a 3'x3' coverage for this light). These lights pull an actual draw of ~194-196W, but let's use 200w. We need 200g to reach the 1gpw mark. 200g = 7 oz which would result in a yield of 0.7 oz/ft2. This should not be hard to achieve since a skilled grower should be getting at least 1 oz/ft2 and 1.5 per is not too hard to reach.

Sorry I can't say, "Yes" I've gotten it with a Mars II 1600w, but I'm sure someone has as the numbers show it to be pretty easy to do. I've flowered a few plants with some of their reflector series lights, but I don't recall my gpw if I even did the calculation. Starting tonight, I will be harvesting my first crop grown entirely under Mars II 400W. I'll be sure to make that calculation along with my oz/ft2

:morenutes:

I love my LEDs. The plants seem to like them too!
20141027_225204_-_no_EXIF.jpg

browneyes it is a bit disrespectful to be talking about another manufacturer on Sara thread don't ya think...:confused: I love my TopLeds and the personal help that Sara provides... If you would like to see just what the reflector and the Mars II seriers can do you are more than welcome to check my journal. I just harvested from under a 48x3w reflector, a 96x3w reflector and 2 Mars II's 5w's.... I have all the watt per gram listed... I will tell ya that the reflector series won hands down.... I got over a gram per watt with the 48x3w but the 5w's did not come in as well. I can't remember exactly what it was but it is towards the end of my journal and you can find my journal in my signature. I am not complaining about my numbers at all and hopefully I will get to the 1 gram per watt on this next run but what I just harvested I am thrilled and I love my TopLeds and I am a real person...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

i dont think its disrepectfull to mention a competitors product no? why would it? im not talking bad about topled
i actually own several topled leds of smaller wattage and am mega happy with them.
its great to hear your first hand experience of getting 1gpw.gives me a bit more faith to go all out and replace my 600w hps

Back
Top Bottom