Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

so after messing about looking, looking again, double checking and thinking about how the next room be, I bought a mars2 1200w for now(yay credit cards) and will add a couple of the new sun series when they roll out.

with luck the light will be here soon so I can move around my room while the girls are still small, 8 days from seed atm. that's for the help and advise.

:circle-of-love: Doozy, just don't give up on the leds, try small grow space and less plants with the leds, maybe you will get better result.:Namaste:

:thumb: the true watt of LED is better to be equal to that of HPS.

Yes, if you have higher expectation for yield, better to go for more watt.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love:

:thanks:you will do better for the second.

:Namaste: Doozy, if it's due to the light, try to add more watts during flower.

:high-five:

:circle-of-love:yes, I am thinking the same, for the first time led grower, it may let you down, you need some time to adapt to it. For the second grow, you will probably get a good harvest.:Namaste:

Why don't you do me a favour and stick to selling LEDs and leave the growing to those of us who have actually seen a cannabis plant in the flesh.

You think because you have a following on herte, that you have the right to criticise me?? You post videos of how to repair broken drivers, and explain to your customers that it's 'better i they do it' when these lights fail.

I suggest you keep your patronising comments to yourself.

Cheers.

hmmmm .... so, everybody that tell you to add more watts are ridiculous, stupid and crap ..... well

even the manufacturer of the light .... big deal

:circle-of-love:Hello Zebs, marshydro-uk is our store on Ebay, don't worry, it's legit. The Old Model 60x5w has one fan and 120x5w has two fans. They two are similar, make sure you are ordering the big one. :cheesygrinsmiley:
im about to pull the trigger on the 4 x 600w old type lights, I intend to move to a bigger space after this grow so wont be using them all a first. can I confirm that marshydro-uk on ebay is a confirmed seller and that the 600w lights only have 1 fan. concerned im buying the right one and not some knock off that will set fire to my house, the Mrs's might get upset if I do.

Mike, let me quote you: "im out for a while .... dont here to make ennemys
i will certainly not argue anymore with nobody here .... i will give advices and thats all ... you take it or not, i dont care"

peace

hmmmm .... so, everybody that tell you to add more watts are ridiculous, stupid and crap ..... well

even the manufacturer of the light .... big deal

:circle-of-love: thank you, DarkSidofMike.
HAHAHA this is not ridiculous at all

you are using 1100W for 25 sqft .... this is 44w/ sqft and this is the minimum to have good light power. you dont want good light power .... you want FULL LIGHT POWER. you better have around 1300-1400 total true watts and even more and put the light at the right distance over the cannopy (12 inchs). 6 inchs more high and you have clearly less power. 1100W instead of 1400W and you have clearly less power again.

you may think it is ridiculous if you want ..... maybe one of theses day you will understand to add more light power to acheive big goals as you want.

a lot of respected growers are using the same watt / sqft as HPS for medium quality led panels as marshydro ... personnaly i am not using as much power, but they are certainly not ridiculous

will not help you anymore anyway ... good luck

:circle-of-love:Hello Kriaze, there is no derogatory, the whole thing is a process of sharing experiences. Sharing is caring. No offence to each other. :Namaste: some have good grow experience while some don't have, the light will take all the remarks, either bad or good. :circle-of-love:We will listen to every feedback and learn from it and then make progress. :circle-of-love:
OK this post may not come over as constructive as I would like it to be so apologies in advance but I'm getting tired of misinformation being thrown around. First of all there seems to be some agreement that 35w per sq foot is the necessary minimum for flowering with LED, 50w seems to be regarded as best before enhancing the plants absorption rate with CO2. That setup looks like it's around the sweet spot so there's no need to be derogatory to the grower.

As for the second point highlighted I only see you doing a lot of talking, not much helping at all. You seem to be reading other people's information then regurgitating it here without processing it properly, much like earlier in the thread when a very informative post regarding wall watts was published and you decided to repost it in your own way as information whilst using terms such as 'true LED watt' when actually you were completely missing the fact that your true LED watt was only the manufacturer's output wattage (which varies with every manufacturer) and not the actual wall watt which is always a true constant. So please, if you're going to call people out on their mistake of hanging an LED a little too high, make sure that you haven't made any silly mistakes too. You didn't even realise this as a possible solution yourself so exactly how much help were you when telling them to buy more lights? I mean c'mon you hadn't even looked at their journal so you were uninformed yet talking as though you knew all the answers. This is not only spreading misinformation but is also derogatory to the person you are 'helping'. This also isn't the only time that's happened and then the truth has been seen. So please, for the sake of the thread, for the magazine, and for my sanity just check your facts before giving that type of help.

I look forward to your journal immensely as I'm a new grower and looking for information that will help me learn, don't spoil it by letting the truth get in the way of a good write up. All the best :thumb:

:thanks:Dark, you are very helpful here, I appreciate it very much, truly. :thumb:
if you think 35w/sqft is enought with marshydro products you are completly wrong. im just trying to help new growers with my experience and lead them to the right light power for nice results. i really dont care about what you think. im here to help and thats all.

i will certainly not argue anymore with nobody here .... i will give advices and thats all ... you take it or not, i dont care

:thumb: some companies are testing them but only judging from the PAR value, there is misleading, as to the PAR data,usually it is related to with height and angle of hanging the light, the smaller angle the bigger PAR , but the coverage will become small accordingly, if you hang the light lower, the PAR data will be bigger. We use the 90-120° lens, but other companies provide the PAR data under the 60° lens, it seems that their PAR data is higher than ours, actually their coverage is not big. If customers just care about the PAR data , I believe they can not find the right light in the market.:circle-of-love:
Watts is a moot point when choosing LED lighting, the ONLY unit of measurement to correctly pick LED lighting is by PPFD. You could have 2 lights, both 100 watts, one with a 30 degree beam angle and the other with 120 degree beam angle...both with the same wattage but the coverage would be different, light distribution could be different, and wattage means nothing when translated to a plants needs.

Another example, lets say you have a 500w LED at 12" or a 500w LED at 48"... well by your description of judging plant lighting, how would wattage tell proper hanging height of the light?? It doesn't.

Plants are photon counters and it takes approx 8 photons to convert 1 molecule of CO2, therefore the only reasonable measurement to judge plant lighting is by using PPFD (PAR readings as many know it by). The correct way is to measure the PPFD across a 4x4 grid, with a quantum meter/par meter/spectroradiometer. As someone posted a few days ago, Cannabis needs a minumum DLI of 22 Mol/day/m2 andd can go as high as 65 mol/day/m2 which translates in a 12/12 schedule to a minimum of 510 umol/m2/s-1 and tops out around 1500 umol/m2/s-1. (anything over 1000 umol/m2/s-1 should also be complimented with additional atmospheric CO2.).

I understand a lot of people get confused by all the terms and misinformation on the internet, but this is the only way that plant lighting should be measured, by DLI or PPFD.

Judging plant lighting by wattage to find coverage area is like measuring water with a fork.

:Namaste: we will soon test the PAR of our lights, with the same standard, it will be better to compare our light with each other.:Namaste:
yep this is right .... you cannot compare different produtcs

but marshydro products dont have differents beam angles or lens ..... when you know their products you can give specific advices ..... im not giving advices for all the leds panels in the world ....im giving advices for marshydro products

i know this products .... i know how much PAR/umol they put on average for each watt at the right distance

so, this is possible to give advices on watt .... and area ....

take it or not .....

:circle-of-love: agreed, I have learned a lot from you guys.
This is why I love this magazine. Information like this is what makes me come back for more everytime, I feel like I'm learning something even though I won't claim to understand it all. Excellent write up and if you could put that into layman's terms for me? :rofl: Haha just kidding, I think soon enough there will be a set standard that we all understand and can use, and that will happen because of people that do care and share. +reps for the post :thumb:

:high-five: hello, Celt.
Good information and well said Ice:thumb:

:circle-of-love: Hi, DarkSidofMike, no enemy, everyone is in peace here,:Namaste: your advices have helped a lot people here. :goodjob:
i wish i was better in english .... i have a clear big disavantage to express myself as you can. maybe that why i look like stupid in your mind .... im not lol

im out for a while .... dont here to make ennemys

:cheer: welcome yuyo, long time, hope your lights work great.:Namaste:
i went to see what doozy did
i did not read word for word but followed and skimmed for the important parts
please forgive any mistakes but point them out promptly
i think he had nice success for first grow and has plenty of light
if im not wrong did you not have a few bad spells that probably stunted them?
anyway i am in the group that thinks you will do better with practice
perhaps run one or two on the side while your main gets the hps treatment
this may not be cool as you may be limited in space,time or power
just a thought
anyway i know your are disappointed in the quantity but how was her quality?
once again i think you had a nice turnout for first time
take care and good luck

:circle-of-love: congrats on the decision-making, haha, your girls will have a happy grow under it.:thanks:
so after messing about looking, looking again, double checking and thinking about how the next room be, I bought a mars2 1200w for now(yay credit cards) and will add a couple of the new sun series when they roll out.

with luck the light will be here soon so I can move around my room while the girls are still small, 8 days from seed atm. that's for the help and advise.

Welcome, Greg, :circle-of-love: PM has sent.:)
HI :cheer:

What do you recommend for lights to my new tent 3m * 3m * 2m :)

would prefer to have more lights in that I grow autoflower..instead of a large led.
or 4 large leds..

when comes the new leds ? :goodjob::thumb:

:thanks:

regards

:Namaste: Single MarsII 900w will give a coverage of 1.2mx1.2m at the height of 0.6m. During flower, it will cover about 1mx1m. 9pcs MarsII 900w will be enough for 3mx3m area.:cheer:
That's a big tent, you would likely want 9 of the Mars II 900 for flowering...WOW

I use 1 M2900 in a 1m x 1m area

The draw power of MarsII 900w is 419.6w under 120v and 410.3w under 240v. You will get about 3700w true power.:circle-of-love: MarsII900w use 5w leds, which has good penetration. :high-five:
hehe yes it is a big tent :)

so true watt from the wall is 3600 ?
how is the light on the lower buds ? :high-five:

:thanks: they look great.
This is my first grow so how penetration compares to HID I have no idea. There is probably 14-16 inches (350-400mm) from the top buds to the lowest. The lowest buds are not as fat as the top buds but still look good. I will probably harvest the upper ones and let the lower ones fatten up before harvesting them. Not cash cropping so an extra week doesn't bother me LOL

Have a look at my journal, lots of pictures towards the end of the girls in flower and still 1-3 weeks left before harvest.
:circle-of-love: hmm... maybe on page 10...haha
The most recent pictures are on page 9 of the girls under the Mars II 900

:cheer: the New Cree light will be for sale in the middle of August. The Cree led is XPE series, imported from America. It's intelligent controlled, with remote control and dimmable feature. :Namaste:
that what some outdoor garden you have hehe

and nice setup for the indoor grow :)

:goodjob:

what do u think about the new cree led ?

Haha, the new Cree Light will not let you down. :high-five:
Seriously thinking about getting one late this fall, like to see what CO Finest does with it first. He has the most experience with the Mars lights and I like to hear his opinion LOL Also looking at the Mars II 1600...I've got the "grow" bug now LOL

:cheer: I am excited, too. whenever the specification comes out, I will tell you guys ans wait for your advices, haha, you guys have a talent of giving opinion. :tokin:
what he's professional opinion of Mars2?
yes it seems exciting indeed the new CREE LED :)

:Namaste: yes...
Yes CO Finest has lots of experience and at this point I think he may own all their different types of lights LOL He has been swapping out all his HID lights for LEDs

:circle-of-love: sorry for this. The new light has two series, Epistar model and Cree Model. The Epistar model may will suit your needs, it's the flat panel. It has two sizes, 160pcs leds and 320pcs leds. The possible price is about 500 USD and 800USD. The Cree Model has the curving feature. It also has two sizes, 120pcs leds and 256pcs leds. The possible price is about 700USD and 1300USD. :Namaste: and Yes, if you choose Epistar model, it will be the flat one. :high-five:
you didnt answer my previous question Sara .... i wanted to know if i can have this new panel plane and not curved

so ... the EPISTAR model is a plane panel?

and the CREE model is a curve panel?

so i can have it plane if i choose the EPISTAR model? (really dont like the curving patern)

tyvm Sara

Why don't you do me a favour and stick to selling LEDs and leave the growing to those of us who have actually seen a cannabis plant in the flesh.

You think because you have a following on herte, that you have the right to criticise me?? You post videos of how to repair broken drivers, and explain to your customers that it's 'better i they do it' when these lights fail.

I suggest you keep your patronising comments to yourself.

Cheers.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy them; this is her thread for her company, and is clearly read by lots of happy customers. Didn't read any criticism of you by Sara... No-one is forcing you to be on this thread.
Advice and experiences aside, this last comment by you is clearly over the line, and since you're such an expert, you could make your own anti-mars thread???
Just a suggestion.

So Sara are the large Cree pulling about 630 watts from the wall and what spread can they cover. I have been waiting for this light to come out for a new purchase, but it is a little out of my price range right now, may have to stick to the marsII for a few more runs.

:circle-of-love: sorry for this. The new light has two series, Epistar model and Cree Model. The Epistar model may will suit your needs, it's the flat panel. It has two sizes, 160pcs leds and 320pcs leds. The possible price is about 500 USD and 800USD. The Cree Model has the curving feature. It also has two sizes, 120pcs leds and 256pcs leds. The possible price is about 700USD and 1300USD. :Namaste: and Yes, if you choose Epistar model, it will be the flat one. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom