Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thumb: some companies are testing them but only judging from the PAR value, there is misleading, as to the PAR data,usually it is related to with height and angle of hanging the light, the smaller angle the bigger PAR , but the coverage will become samll accordingly, if you hang the light lower, the PAR data will be bigger. We use the 90-120° lense, but other companies provide the PAR data under the 60° lense, it seems that their PAR data is higher than ours, actually their coverage is not big. If customers just care about the PAR data , I believe they can not find the right light in the market.:circle-of-love:

:Namaste: we will soon test the PAR of our lights, with the same standard, it will be better to compare our light with each other.:Namaste:

:circle-of-love: agreed, I have learned a lot from you guys.

With all due respect, What I was saying has nothing to do with comparing different companies lights, please re-read what I wrote. This is about how to help YOUR prospective customers and growers alike to choose the right size light, and or quantity of lights to properly illuminate their grow area. There is absolutely nothing misleading about providing accurate data about your products capabilities over a 4x4 grid, its actually respectable and a step in the right direction to helping advance this industry with knowledge.

:Namaste:

Why don't you do me a favour and stick to selling LEDs and leave the growing to those of us who have actually seen a cannabis plant in the flesh.

You think because you have a following on herte, that you have the right to criticise me?? You post videos of how to repair broken drivers, and explain to your customers that it's 'better i they do it' when these lights fail.

I suggest you keep your patronising comments to yourself.

Cheers.

Doozy, step back a minute mate and think about what you are claiming. I have just read through your journal.

Through your own admission, you had a number of problems, some you pointed out and some others suggested to you. Your canopy was to tight, you had 2 strains that reacted to your feeding differently, you had possible nitrogen toxicity, etc. And on this thread in the past week you admitted to having your light higher than the recommended flowering height.

I am not here to defend Mars Hydro but I think you need rethink your expectations. Master growers, with years of experience, rarely achieve much over 1gpw and yet you with no experience, choosing to do hydro with is the least forgiving grow method, expected to match the master growers. I am not saying its not possible to match their yields on a first grow but it is highly unlikely. Master growers will tell you that if you achieve 0.5 gpw on your first grow you have done well.

Considering your other admitted problems, for you to blame the lights and tell Sara that she is "peddling bullshit", I think that's a little unfair.

One of the things I like about the 420 forums and what makes it so great is the fact we can come on here, share experience good or bad, learn from others with more experience and not bash one another.

Rather than take your frustration and disappointment out on the lights and Sara, talk to some of the master growers on here, like KingJohn, Co Finest and many others, and ask them to review your journal and point out changes that could improve your yield. In the end, it may turn out it was the lights that were lacking, but if not and flaws lie elsewhere in your setup, changing lights won't solve your problem and you will continue to be frustrated and disappointed.

I hope you don't take this as me chastising you mate, that's not my intent.

Cheers mate, learn from the masters on here, and here's to a better grow next go round regardless of the method and lights you choose:passitleft:

nice!

please tell me ... the epistar model will have remote control, dimming and more like the Cree one?

please tell me too ... the dimensions and power draw of the Epistar and Cree models

tyvm Sara

:circle-of-love: sorry for this. The new light has two series, Epistar model and Cree Model. The Epistar model may will suit your needs, it's the flat panel. It has two sizes, 160pcs leds and 320pcs leds. The possible price is about 500 USD and 800USD. The Cree Model has the curving feature. It also has two sizes, 120pcs leds and 256pcs leds. The possible price is about 700USD and 1300USD. :Namaste: and Yes, if you choose Epistar model, it will be the flat one. :high-five:

Mine look green too, I always thought they were :laugh: When I take a high def pic they come out white, I never even looked before.

100_29191.JPG

I'm curious when the Mars II 400w model spectrum was changed to add more blue? Why was it changed? Here is a photo of my mars II panel from Nov 2013...

DSC07541.JPG

Not sure if you missed this post Sara, but I was curious about when and why the Mars 400 spectrum changed. If you look at the 2 photos, you will notice the other 400w has more blue diodes, vs the one that I own. I was just curious why the change was made, if there was any specific reason for it?

...and were the other MarsII lights also changed?

Not sure if you missed this post Sara, but I was curious about when and why the Mars 400 spectrum changed. If you look at the 2 photos, you will notice the other 400w has more blue diodes, vs the one that I own. I was just curious why the change was made, if there was any specific reason for it?

:circle-of-love: hello Santb, it's ok, today is very peaceful, I have sent you message regarding the fan.:Namaste:
No-one is forcing anyone to buy them; this is her thread for her company, and is clearly read by lots of happy customers. Didn't read any criticism of you by Sara... No-one is forcing you to be on this thread.
Advice and experiences aside, this last comment by you is clearly over the line, and since you're such an expert, you could make your own anti-mars thread???
Just a suggestion.

:circle-of-love:yes, hmm...the price of new Cree light is higher, while it will be worth it.:cheesygrinsmiley: The draw power of CREE256LEDS probably reaches around 510w. The coverage of CREE 128 is 4'x2' at 24'' height and 4'x4' for CREE 256 at 24'' height. :cheer:
So Sara are the large Cree pulling about 630 watts from the wall and what spread can they cover. I have been waiting for this light to come out for a new purchase, but it is a little out of my price range right now, may have to stick to the marsII for a few more runs.

:circle-of-love: Hello tony, yes, we have changed the spectrum ratio and location of MarsII. :Namaste: And we are still on the way to explore the most effective spectrum for you guys. Compared to the previous spectrum, we have added 2% more blue. Every year, we will collect remarks from the customers and send the feedbacks to the production department. They will analyze, do research and test out better spectrum. We need to make improvement, so as to maxmize your possiblity of better yield.:circle-of-love:
Sara, please could we hear some words on the changing of blue chips quantity in the MarsII 400W (and other?) model?

Yes, it has changed since last year. The spectrum in 2013 was more red. We don't use that spectrum any more after we have found better spectrum now. All the adjustment is based on customer's practical feedback. And it turns out great. :Namaste:

:thumb: thank you, I will reread it. Yes, it's the right direction and we are moving towards it. :cheer: hopefully our PAR value will get tested as soon as possible. :Namaste:
With all due respect, What I was saying has nothing to do with comparing different companies lights, please re-read what I wrote. This is about how to help YOUR prospective customers and growers alike to choose the right size light, and or quantity of lights to properly illuminate their grow area. There is absolutely nothing misleading about providing accurate data about your products capabilities over a 4x4 grid, its actually respectable and a step in the right direction to helping advance this industry with knowledge.

:Namaste:

:thanks: well said, celt, 420 is the place where people are free to share experiences and learn from each other. I do hope everyone will feel happy here.:Namaste:
Doozy, step back a minute mate and think about what you are claiming. I have just read through your journal.

Through your own admission, you had a number of problems, some you pointed out and some others suggested to you. Your canopy was to tight, you had 2 strains that reacted to your feeding differently, you had possible nitrogen toxicity, etc. And on this thread in the past week you admitted to having your light higher than the recommended flowering height.

I am not here to defend Mars Hydro but I think you need rethink your expectations. Master growers, with years of experience, rarely achieve much over 1gpw and yet you with no experience, choosing to do hydro with is the least forgiving grow method, expected to match the master growers. I am not saying its not possible to match their yields on a first grow but it is highly unlikely. Master growers will tell you that if you achieve 0.5 gpw on your first grow you have done well.

Considering your other admitted problems, for you to blame the lights and tell Sara that she is "peddling bullshit", I think that's a little unfair.

One of the things I like about the 420 forums and what makes it so great is the fact we can come on here, share experience good or bad, learn from others with more experience and not bash one another.

Rather than take your frustration and disappointment out on the lights and Sara, talk to some of the master growers on here, like KingJohn, Co Finest and many others, and ask them to review your journal and point out changes that could improve your yield. In the end, it may turn out it was the lights that were lacking, but if not and flaws lie elsewhere in your setup, changing lights won't solve your problem and you will continue to be frustrated and disappointed.

I hope you don't take this as me chastising you mate, that's not my intent.

Cheers mate, learn from the masters on here, and here's to a better grow next go round regardless of the method and lights you choose:passitleft:

:circle-of-love: Hi, DarkSidofMike, yes, both of them have these functions! The draw power has not fixed yet. I am still not sure about the dimensions. I will inform the accurate statistics to you guys when it's available. :Namaste:
nice!

please tell me ... the epistar model will have remote control, dimming and more like the Cree one?

please tell me too ... the dimensions and power draw of the Epistar and Cree models

tyvm Sara

Back
Top Bottom