Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Im useing my mars hydro old model 600 watt and my plants are 15 days today what would be my best height for my light at this stage I have had them at 36" from the start I want to know can I drop it down to 30" and my plants be ok this my first run with the 5w chip led I dont want to bleach them or hurt them any advice for me would be much appreciated thanks

Im useing my mars hydro old model 600 watt and my plants are 15 days today what would be my best height for my light at this stage I have had them at 36" from the start I want to know can I drop it down to 30" and my plants be ok this my first run with the 5w chip led I dont want to bleach them or hurt them any advice for me would be much appreciated thanks

plants should be fine man, I have my tops 2-6 inches away with no problems

Hey Sara I got a Mars 300watt a few months ago and the inside of the glass is all dusty how do you recommend cleaning it? Thanks

Hi! I have the same lights and the same (minor) issue. It's not so much dust in my case, but some sort of "oily film" which appears over time which I think is coming from the thermal paste used in the lights.

NOTE this probably voids warranty:

Disconnect lights from power. (Obviously)

You open up the lights (rather easy) by unscrewing the six outer screws. Make sure the top which you remove doesn't fall down onto the PCB (board w/ heatsink and LEDs) once you unscrewed it.
After you opened the screws, carefully remove the top. It is attached to the PCB with some wires, careful.
There are four more screws where the inner PCB is attached to the bottom.
Unscrew these also, pull out the PCB. (The PCB is a little tricky to grab)
Now put the PCB (still attached to the top) on the side, like on a towel or something.

If you can, use alcohol to clean oily film etc. which can sometimes be on parts of the lights and on the aluminum heat sink. A brush or so can help too. There can be bugs too. So brush this off and use alcohol to clean.

The oil film on the glass itself (careful not to break) I find rather tricky to clean!
I use glass cleaner, alcohol, some spit etc. and a paper towel.
When it's clean, put everything together again.
Put the PCB back in, carefully. Screw it back on with the four screws.
Put the upper top of the case into the light again but hold it so it won't fall down. Tug the wires down into the housing, left & right on the side. Still hold the top in place and screw in the outer screws.
Done.
It's really easy and fast if you know the procedure.

Dear SmokeSara, I received my mars 2 1600w back from your UK service center about 6/7 week ago. The whole board was changed as they was a fault on it. The same has happened again.

soz i did not have the email.

Dear SmokeSara, I received my mars 2 1600w back from your UK service center about 6/7 week ago. The whole board was changed as they was a fault on it. The same has happened again, the same strip of light have gone out. I think by putting a new board in it with different spectrum has made it blow again. It was not the drivers before, it was a fault on the board, same problem? It has only been on 12 hrs a day. I am hoping for replacement this time because this is a bit of a joke. It cost me for first repair £60 in delivery costs. Please say you can help me as i am devastated and need the light badly. I dont have enough posts to pm you. I am still under warranty.

Sara will see this when she gets online later. You may want to double up and send her an email. The link is in her signature. :peace:

Hello everyone.

How many plants can i fit under Mars II 400w?

What yield can i expect from the plants? (Auto flower)

Would choosing a grow tent size of ...... 3' 3'' x3' 3'' x5' 11''(39''x39''x71'') or 2' 3'' x2' 3'' x5' 3''(27''x27''x63'') has any difference in terms of yield?
I live in a very hot country, in south east Asia so i thought maybe the bigger tents would be better for less heat build up in the tent, even if iam not using all the available space in the grow tent for growin
Do you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone.

How many plants can i fit under Mars II 400w?

What yield can i expect from the plants? (Auto flower)

Would choosing a grow tent size of ...... 3' 3'' x3' 3'' x5' 11''(39''x39''x71'') or 2' 3'' x2' 3'' x5' 3''(27''x27''x63'') has any difference in terms of yield?
I live in a very hot country, Thailand so i thought maybe the bigger tents would be better for less heat build up in the tent.
Do you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I feel that the 2'3"x2'3" tent is a perfect fit for the 400. That being said, a bigger tent will give you more room and you don't have to use the whole tent right away. I ran 2 400s in my 3'3"x3'3" veg tent before I had to take it down. I am now running a 900 in the 2x2 tent. It did generate a little bit of heat due to the small closet I have the tent in so I vented to the attic and now there is no issue. I am running 4 plants in my 2x2 and that will be tight when they are in flower but keeping them well groomed I should be fine. Good luck with your choice!! :peace:

Update 3rd round Mars2 700W

:circle-of-love:
SAM_03261.JPG

SAM_03044.JPG
SAM_03123.JPG
SAM_03192.JPG

SAM_02987.JPG

Also with everyone growing, what is the Co2 levels in your tents or grow closets?
Outside levels are around 350 to 500 or so I've read about.
So as long as the Co2 ppm is that in your tents or grow room everything should grow okay?

ya i try to keep temp between 80-84 when the lights are on and 50%-65% humidity i find fine for veg and anything below 50% for flower should be fine

Look out Nuggs!!! There is a Shadow Marijuana Monster to the left of your hand on the Wall.
It's Gonna "Smoke You!!!" :)
20151112_095814.jpg
here is my sweet train wreck auto vegging under 600 watt old model mars hydro day16

Woo,massive grow...:yahoo: fantastic view! You will have a good result.:thumb:
Here's an update from my Mars LED SCROG, now 30 days into 12/12........almost halfway into flower. I am running 5 plants (3x Female Seeds C99, 1x Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel and 1 X Sweet Seeds Green Poison) in an ebb and flow system under a 6.3' x 3' screen. I've got 2 x MarsII 900 and 1 x Reflector 48 for a total of about 960 actual watts of Mars Hydro LEDs. So far, I'd say my plants are happier and I am further along than I have been at this point in the past using HPS. C99's are stacking up nicely, and the two indica strains both have some fat and dense bugs already. All strains are extremely frosty for only 4 weeks in. Hoping my ladies continue to pack on the weight in the coming weeks, very happy with these lights so far.
IMG_117633.jpg
IMG_119221.jpg
IMG_117728.jpg
IMG_116527.jpg
IMG_118433.jpg
IMG_118125.jpg
IMG_118938.jpg

I thought it will get shocked at first and then get used to it:cheesygrinsmiley:
Just wondering...
Since I put my Grown Pepper Plant in my Grow Room to Test the Cree128 Led's... Will the plant react in a different way? Going from Sun to Led's? Shock or lite yellowing or whatever?

:circle-of-love: hi nuggs, you can lower them down to 30" and check their reaction. It should be safe height. :Namaste:The recommend height is actually 18" to 24". :love:

Back
Top Bottom