Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:sorry about all these troubles, flyboy. I believe the result will be beautiful after the hardship.:Namaste:
I had some fans on had , so just made a fast repair and it's hung up doing its job in a 4x4 for moms and veg. Using the same remote from the last light and just sent the same veg program I have , worked well

Wow so I was right... The Remotes control the Led units for each settings of the program. The Remotes has to stay near the Led units 24/7 to make sure they operate right. Can't put that remote in a closed Drawer. Lol
:circle-of-love:Hi CatfishKnight, I am sorry about this. The remote controller needs to adjust at the every time you have programmed, so the remote will work all the time. CatfishKnight, I have talked with our engineer. You can put the remote controller 2~3 meters from the light and tight up the signal receiver at the back.:Namaste: Hope it will help. If it's not, we will try to find other reasons and work it out.:thanks:

:thanks: thanks for this experiment. CatfishKinight. I have seen the babies. Are they ok now?:love:

Just checked them. Still alive and kicking...

:circle-of-love: thanks for this sincere advice. We are considering about it.:circle-of-love:
Same here, My wish is that Mars was FAST TRACK the availability of the Pro Series without their problem remote that only leads to frustration and poor lighting control..

:circle-of-love:Remote is one of the pro feature. The cup design and Cree leds are also the key Pro features.:high-five:
I think what makes the pro series the pro series is the remote. Or am I wrong?

:cheesygrinsmiley:thanks for the advice, Versai. The remote controller is not that difficult to operate. Maybe it is at the first time. As long as you master the steps, it's easy.:high-five: I do agree that the humidity and temp readings should be from the panel...:slide:
It's the CREE cobs, or epistar, that you're paying for on the pro series. I thought the remote was a really cool feature when I first saw the PRO series, but since then I've realized it must just be a hassle. I've seen like 4 videos of people showing how to use it, and each one takes about 6 minutes to explain and program lol. It takes me 20 seconds to reprogram my hydrofarm timer and it works flawlessly for 2 years now.

A remote is for convenience. If it's not saving you time over pushing some buttons on the panel, there's no reason to have a handheld. And I hear the humidity and temp readings come from the remote, which doesn't really make sense to me. Might as well be mounted on the panel.

lol you solve it. Genious answer. :adore:
I guess since 1 remote controls all the units in the room, it would not work right to have all the units sending the same info to 1 remote... :)

:circle-of-love: yes, the cob design will mix the spectrum better.
Leds are complicated lol. So epistar cob is different than just epistar? The pro series is cob led and the Mars ll is like a flat panel led?

Wow so I was right... The Remotes control the Led units for each settings of the program. The Remotes has to stay near the Led units 24/7 to make sure they operate right. Can't put that remote in a closed Drawer. Lol

I disagree with this , I have a remote that only operates my first light , the next light I got, that remote works both , now before I had totally figured that out , I had both remotes going , and it made no difference, they run the program that you send to it from the remote,I took the batteries out of that remote and it's a back up now. I also programmed the new light with the remote I already had as I wanted it on the same program for now , but that remote is nowhere near it now and it's still working.

Woo-hoo, harvest week has begun!!! Today is day 59 of flower for my 6.3' x 3' SCROG under ~1000W of Mars Hydro LED (2x MarsII 900's, 1x Reflector 48) and 1 of my plants is ready for harvest. All of my plants were vegged for 9 weeks. The top colas of my Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel were nice and ripe with about 5-10% amber trichomes, so I took all the tops and left the bottom stuff to ripen up for another week. That bottom stuff is still very dense and chunky despite being shaded by dense, compact indica-dominant growth with short internodal spacing, and very wide leaves. I'm very impressed at the penetration of the MarsII 900's. This plant is going to be a nice yielder, it grew dense, heavy, chunky colas on an enormous skeletal system......the trunk and branches of this plant were like nothing I've ever seen, insanely thick and robust. I would estimate that there is roughly 25% of the plant being left to ripen up, things are looking pretty good yield wise although it's always impossible to tell until the big post-dry weigh-in. This plant took up approximately 20% of my total screen area, the rest is Female Seeds C99 which have another 4-5 days to go until I harvest those in stages as well.

Here are some pics, the lighter is a large-size lighter for perspective. Any guesses on how much dry weight I've pulled off this plant so far?:

12319595_10208636596374660_98241978_n.jpg
IMG_127424.JPG
IMG_127324.JPG
IMG_127521.JPG
IMG_127626.JPG
IMG_127730.JPG
IMG_127832.JPG

Woo-hoo, harvest week has begun!!! Today is day 59 of flower for my 6.3' x 3' SCROG under ~1000W of Mars Hydro LED (2x MarsII 900's, 1x Reflector 48) and 1 of my plants is ready for harvest. All of my plants were vegged for 9 weeks. The top colas of my Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel were nice and ripe with about 5-10% amber trichomes, so I took all the tops and left the bottom stuff to ripen up for another week. That bottom stuff is stiff dense an chunky despite being shaded by dense indica-dominant growth and very wide leaves, very impressed at the penetration of the MarsII 900's. This plant is going to be a nice yielder, it grew dense, heavy, chunky colas on an enormous skeletal system......the trunk and branches of this plant were like nothing I've ever seen, insanely thick and robust. I would estimate that there is roughly 25% of the plant being left to ripen up, things are looking pretty good yield wise although it's always impossible to tell until the big post-dry weigh-in. This plant took up approximately 20% of my total screen area, the rest is Female Seeds C99 which have another 4-5 days to go until I harvest those in stages as well.

Here are some pics, the lighter is a large-size lighter for perspective. Any guesses on how much dry weight I've pulled off this plant so far?:

12319595_10208636596374660_98241978_n.jpg
IMG_127424.JPG
IMG_127324.JPG
IMG_127521.JPG
IMG_127626.JPG
IMG_127730.JPG
IMG_127832.JPG
Glad I chose mars hydro. It apears to do very well growing some dank.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:hug: that's really a good news. Keep us posted the result. I truly want to know.:Namaste:

Well since last night at 8 pm, all 3 Led units came on together and did the Sunrise to 80% brightness as programmed. 9 hours later all is still on. Now to see if they all go off at 12 noon as programmed after the Sunset time. So fresh batteries and leaving remote next to all 3 Led Units in the open. If it continues to work the next 2 days then I will hide the remote control to see if it is the remote messing them up or just fresh American batteries gave the remote enough power to reprogram all 3 units properly.

just ordered my 2 new reflector 96's. discounts and coupons covered shipping, sweet. if only santa would send me 3.... a little boy can dream.
merry xmass sara and all

Hello Sara,

About the pro series, I find it a little out off the context to say "Maybe it is at the first time. As long as you master the steps, it's easy." Couple off people here using the remote and lights, for weeks now and still encounter problems.......
Think you cannot say its easy than.... or its easy....., but than there is a problem with it? Who want lights that put plants under stress by going on and off when they want?
On the other side, the working lights looks great and the plants under it also, but the remote add no additional value except the time laps that you can program for (and) the intensity and color of the light, but if they dont do it...maybe there are better ways than to control it?
For the moment, me and the plants love the MII 900w, 2 months in use now.

Got my 60x5 watt for veg in today. And damn that thing is bright. I can't wait to see my mars 2.

Glad I chose mars hydro. It apears to do very well growing some dank.

These lights sure do, you'll love your MarsII. I thought that I'd be sacrificing bud density and light penetration when I made the jump to LEDs, but neither appears to be true. I can't wait for the rest of my SCROG to be ready for chopping, will likely be Sunday.

I really like my Led units so far...
While waiting for the Babies to grow, I put my pepper plant in there with two Avacodo Plants and the leaves have turned a dark, rich looking green. And they are setting in the corner away from the Led lights.
These lights sure do, you'll love your MarsII. I thought that I'd be sacrificing bud density and light penetration when I made the jump to LEDs, but neither appears to be true. I can't wait for the rest of my SCROG to be ready for chopping, will likely be Sunday.

20151211_134037.jpg
20151211_131454.jpg
update. I think I messed up my #3 White widow. I was taking off some leafs because when I would check on them in the morning she would have water build up on the leafs no matter how low my humidity. I took of quite a bit but I took off only the big leafs that were covering little tops and stoping air flow. You think she'll be ready for flower on the 28th

Yeah a successful 24 hrs with all 3 of my Cree128.
Lights came on at 8 Pm last night and just went off at 12 noon.
Not one of them stayed on like the last 4 days.
Only thing I did was put in fresh batteries and left the remote in the middle of the room and not in a closed drawer...
Tonight if they all come on at 8 pm like they are suppose to, I will take the remote inside of my house to see if they shut off properly tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom