Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

You've addressed the issue of the drivers failing due to moisture, but not the fact that the LEDs burn out. And I had an 8" fan blowing cool air across the surface of the glass of my Mars II 1200w at all times during lights on, plus a top quality German-made 4" extraction fan running 24/7, and another 6" fan blowing across the canopy of the plants.

Temperatures reached 85F MAX, most of the time they were in the 70s, I know this because I run a humidity/temp gauge in the tent with a memory setting.

What other lengths could I have gone to in order to keep the light cooler and prevent this issue from happening? Most people wouldn't have bothered with the fan blowing air over the panel, either.

Imagine my disappointment when I found so many burnt out LEDs the other day, after approximately 5 months of use.

I have had no problems with my lights but I use no tent of any kind, therefore no humidity build up, no excess fan use. Is it possible with all you have drawing the heat out of the tent that your smaller cooling fan inside the light can't pull enough air in?

:thumb:she has felt your warm and come back to life.:circle-of-love:

Hi Sara. I put the 1 plant trying to catch up in the mother box. Now I have started the 12/12 light cycle on the rest. Yeah... ;)

:Rasta:Hi Heirloom, they look very healthy. Thanks for sharing. :welldone:
These have been doing quite well under my 400 with just one switch (growth). Hi Sara!

DSCN09377.JPG

:cheesygrinsmiley:it's a good first try. This video is qualified for our video contest.:high-five:
Just to show you my current grow in a Mars Hydro tent, 1m x 1m x 1,8m and a Mars II 900W LED-Panel.
It's the first try with this equipement.

The grow consits of 6 Malwi - (reg.) plants (ACE Seeds) and they are since 29 days under 12/12 light.
Malawi is an African, sativa landrace with a Very, very strong and powerfull high, but also a very long flowering time, easyly 14 weeks.

:)We will not stop developing our product. Once we have found better drivers, we will upgrade it.
What's up!! Have another question .. does anyone know what the mars pro epistar 160 can be upgraded to in the future ?? Diffently LED drivers etc... I'm just just curious

:circle-of-love:Hi Bernie, it will not affect the tents, but the lights delivery time will be extended... :straightface:
Hi Sarah,

Will the warehouse situation affect shipping this week of Mars II new lights and tents?

Thanks

:circle-of-love:CatfishKnight, show me more about your ladies.:)
Hi Sara. I put the 1 plant trying to catch up in the mother box. Now I have started the 12/12 light cycle on the rest. Yeah... ;)

:circle-of-love:Hello guys, we are going to add more size for our grow tents. Right now, we have 2' 3''x 2' 3''x 5' 3'', 3' 3''x 3' 3''x 5' 11'', 3'11''x 3'11''x 6'7'' and 4' 9''x 4' 9''x 6' 7'' Grow Tent. Do you have other requirements for the size?:circle-of-love:

IMG_20160229_224423.jpg

Harvested and getting ready to cure.

just trimmed some of my buds grown under the mars pro epistar 160LED :circle-of-love: sooo frosty and had dense nugs for sure. i do wish the LED cups were spaced further apart so increase the coverage but at 18" i think it can almost cover a 3x3

IMG_240119.JPG
IMG_240319.JPG
IMG_240518.JPG
IMG_240620.JPG

:circle-of-love:Hello guys, we are going to add more size for our grow tents. Right now, we have 2' 3''x 2' 3''x 5' 3'', 3' 3''x 3' 3''x 5' 11'', 3'11''x 3'11''x 6'7'' and 4' 9''x 4' 9''x 6' 7'' Grow Tent. Do you have other requirements for the size?:circle-of-love:

thats awesome news! i like to use tents that are 2'x4'x7'. i think the added height really helps when using LED since you have to keep the panels higher for better coverage

:circle-of-love:Hi resinous, it's possible when we find better leds and drivers at reasonable cost.:high-five:
I just didn't know if in the future we could upgrade to better led
Or drivers or what not

:thanks:thank you, Brian, for the advice. We will take it!:thumb:
thats awesome news! i like to use tents that are 2'x4'x7'. i think the added height really helps when using LED since you have to keep the panels higher for better coverage

:circle-of-love:Hi guys, I will start a grow journal here for one of our friends. He literally decides to grow and will share us the pic everyday. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's his first grow. A lot should learn from you guys. :hug:
Day 1. Preparation
Seed_1_.jpg

Soil33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom