Mastrmasn's 1st Cycle No Till Gorilla Glue

Day 13

She's motoring along. Super tight nodes so far. Light is running at 160w at 30" from the canopy. Temps always constant. 25c lights on 18c lights off. RH 40 to 50 at all times. I started the feeding schedule from day one with no adverse effects. So far pretty happy with No Till. Going to start foliar feeding the aloe kelp neem and fulvic next week. Hoping for great results.
20200109_081606.jpg

One question I have is my source of silica is bottled pottasium silicate from the hydro store. Wondering if it's acceptable in LOS?

Look up Pro-tekt - this is what I and many other no-till LOS growers use. It is potassium Silicate. Its great for helping plants grow stronger.

I need a little guidance concerning the clover. When should I start cutting it back and leaving it for mulch?

It will naturally die back as the plants get bigger and block out sunlight. Clover is a perennial so shortly after you cut your cannabis plant down it will or should start to grow back. You can cut it down and lay it on the soil but its not necessary.

What clover does is collect N from the air and puts it into the soil with special rizobacteria to make it soil available for other plants. So you can cut it down or leave it grow.

Look up Pro-tekt - this is what I and many other no-till LOS growers use. It is potassium Silicate. Its great for helping plants grow stronger.
I've looked for that specific one locally but cant find it. I've got some silica just another brand though.

Day 18

Sad day today. Topped to start training and forgot to take a before pic lol. She was gorgeous considering she isn't 3 weeks yet.
20200114_181753.jpg
20200114_181804.jpg

The specs on the leaves aren't damage it's the MBP from its feed this morning.

If your soil tilth is right then you should be watering just about everyday.
Hell I water everyday even when I dont have a cannabis plant growing.
The cover crop needs quite a bit of water on it's own, it helps your soil tilth with all the roots, and worms break up everything else.
LOS is NOT like growing with basic bag soil in a small plastic pot.
You do not ever want it to dry out, not good for the worms, not great for the microbes and soil life.
Especially in 25+ gallon fabric pots that literally wicks water out of the pot.
The soil should stay moist.
Worms are good for the soil in many ways.

I've just started a couple plants that I guess are a day or 4 behind yours.
One on right is day 17 and on left is day 14.
20200114_195611.jpg

20200114_195625.jpg

20200114_195534.jpg
20200114_195658.jpg

I tried leaving a bare spot in the center but the clover just went crazy. I've got worms going in there on the weekend. I wasn't able to get my hands on them until now. I did however throw on some castings recently that were loaded with cocoons. So hopefully those crack open at some point.

That's why I was asking if I can cut it back. It's getting really tall.

Well if you didn't top your plant it would be fine.

The clover only grows so tall. It wont over take the cannabis plant since the cannabis plant will grow a lot taller (if you stop topping). That and they are good companion plants and why you have them growing alongside cannabis.

Clover fixes nitrogen from the AIR and puts that N into the soil in an available form for other plants to use. This is why its a good companion crop. Leave it alone.

It will be fine growing with cannabis.

If your soil tilth is right then you should be watering just about everyday.
Hell I water everyday even when I dont have a cannabis plant growing.
The cover crop needs quite a bit of water on it's own, it helps your soil tilth with all the roots, and worms break up everything else.
LOS is NOT like growing with basic bag soil in a small plastic pot.
You do not ever want it to dry out, not good for the worms, not great for the microbes and soil life.
Especially in 25+ gallon fabric pots that literally wicks water out of the pot.
The soil should stay moist.
Worms are good for the soil in many ways.

I've just started a couple plants that I guess are a day or 4 behind yours.
One on right is day 17 and on left is day 14.

Hey Nunya what are you watering with? The guy at the soil company told me not to use RO because it strips all the minerals out. Said use tap with a fish tank aerator to get the chlorine out, and add yucca to loosen the bond on the chloramine. Does that sound right to you?

Hey Nunya what are you watering with? The guy at the soil company told me not to use RO because it strips all the minerals out. Said use tap with a fish tank aerator to get the chlorine out, and add yucca to loosen the bond on the chloramine. Does that sound right to you?
I use RO, there are trace minerals left in RO very small amounts but no chlorine and heavy metals.
I like a blank slate and then I add what I want.
Little coconut water, pinch of aloe vera, yucca extract, pinch of silica, Comfrey Peach FPJ, sprouted seed teas, etc.
I water 5 to 7 days a week, maybe once a week I might use plain RO.
Once a week I give a good dose of coconut water and aloe vera, little bit of everything, rest of the week I add just a very tiny amount just enough to add some trace elements.
So the water is never lacking.

Plus I super aerate my water with 02 emitters and that needs minerals in the water to get the electrolysis going, plain RO doesn't work well with the 02 emitters, so I always add something.

I use RO, there are trace minerals left in RO very small amounts but no chlorine and heavy metals.
I like a blank slate and then I add what I want.
Little coconut water, pinch of aloe vera, yucca extract, pinch of silica, Comfrey Peach FPJ, sprouted seed teas, etc.
I water 5 to 7 days a week, maybe once a week I might use plain RO.
Once a week I give a good dose of coconut water and aloe vera, little bit of everything, rest of the week I add just a very tiny amount just enough to add some trace elements.
So the water is never lacking.

Plus I super aerate my water with 02 emitters and that needs minerals in the water to get the electrolysis going, plain RO doesn't work well with the 02 emitters, so I always add something.
Someone should develop a pack of minerals you add to RO that brings it to the equivalent of rain water minus the chlorine. The guy that sold the soil told me said to use tap and didn't push the nematodes. Don't think he understood I wanted a LOS setup. I mentioned the coconut water and he said I didn't really need that. But the proof is in seeing. And from what I can tell your plants look great!!!! What are you PHing to? Do you ever water to runoff? I used to use GH silica in coco but which do you use in LOS?

I am sure all the extra steps in setting up a LOS system is worth it. I just never made the decision to make the switch. I am also sure the end result proves a remarkable difference from using chemicals.

Sorry about semi-hijacking the thread. I am in learning mode. Lol

Back
Top Bottom