Max's PC Grow Box Journal - 2013

Thanks man yeah going to have to save some money for the improvements to come. And I'm going to have to think of a way to adjust the lights better.

I think with a littlr diy ur improvements could be done very effectivly for very little cash (meaning the ajusting of lights)
Of course new lights themselves can be costly. Were abouts on this glorious planet are u max?

I'm in Austria :) um yeah a friends brining the Mylar ill need to buy some more cable a switch, and silicon and probs 2 bigger lights. Oh and maybe something to make a scrog in the back end for the lower branches to get a fuller back end dono still lots of time to think about all the changes I'm going to make. Going to be a fun time doing the DIY stuff. Also I'd like to find a eu based site where I can order single seeds not 3 or 5 packs.

So ive put my ideas on paper now just so you guys can get a feel for what im going for and that I can get some brainstorming going and see if anyone else has some cool ideas that might help me out. Its a rough sketch I was doing in that chair i mentioned :p

IMG_049019.JPG
IMG_049123.JPG

Haha yeah it's pretty much all there is to do. I'm not going hydro just yet :p. I went to the store today to check on some lights and saw some that are around 2200 lumens and the ones I have around now are roughly 700 so ill be getting two of those new lights.

What was the wattage of those bulbs 35watt or so? The smaller bulbs I have are 20 watt producing 1100 lumens..

Iv never even looked into hydro it scares me lol I no the benifts but I reckon id fuk it up and kill my plants seems a bit more work than I'm ready to put in

Yeah they were 35s and the ones I got now are 5 15s so I think they are doing a pretty good job haha. But I'd like more lumens in there. Warm the two blues are doing a nice job I think of mixing the spectrums in there a bit. Oh Alex you think you could do me a favor of your super lemon haze :p can you measure it at the end of veg and then I can see the growth from. That point on so I have a nice estimation of how much growth this baby will be having in soil aswell. Would be awesome. :) oh and regarding you saying your going to give the. 24 hours dark I read on a lot of sites that people don't really see the point so I switched with only a 12 hour darkness period.

Ill go hydro if I see like its worth it and got the cash but for now soil is just fine and its the way it's ment to be so meh I'm cool with that.

Yeah they were 35s and the ones I got now are 5 15s so I think they are doing a pretty good job haha. But I'd like more lumens in there. Warm the two blues are doing a nice job I think of mixing the spectrums in there a bit. Oh Alex you think you could do me a favor of your super lemon haze :p can you measure it at the end of veg and then I can see the growth from. That point on so I have a nice estimation of how much growth this baby will be having in soil aswell. Would be awesome. :) oh and regarding you saying your going to give the. 24 hours dark I read on a lot of sites that people don't really see the point so I switched with only a 12 hour darkness period.

Ill go hydro if I see like its worth it and got the cash but for now soil is just fine and its the way it's ment to be so meh I'm cool with that.

Yes max no problem at all. When lights go out tonight that will be the last official day of veg. I'll take some measurements tomoro and again when the stretch is finished :) ur lower watt cfls are doing a great job sure 35s wil do even better when the tie comes

jUST CAUGHT UP MAN!

Looking good, try not to trim at this point, you want all the cloaphlyy that is in thos leafs to get sucked out in flower so the bud gets big at the end,

To tell you the truth, you are doing GREAT for the space you are working with, im very impressed on the size of the buds being produced thus far, keep it up and you might get a oz or two

: )))))

Ok hears that photo,
P1020894.JPG

I got about 14 grams off that one, the second plant (the little one that appears mid journal) I got about 6 grams off, she really suffered in the competition for light and space, I planted her about 1 month after the 1st.
For the 3rd grow I changed it up a bit gave her an overdose of worm poo and I got 24g off her, but she FILLED the box insanely, she is burnt from the cfls in this photo, but you can see the size they get in there!

P1040105.JPG
-
As for your fan system, I have fiddled and messed with all sorts of ideas and the one thing that's for certain is that computer fans don't push!!! Doubling up doesn't work either.
The most important thing in closet grows is keeping your air flowing and fresh, if all you got is computer fans then don't put anything in front of them.
Also you have to create a "negative" air pressure in the box if you want to remove the smell, the easiest way to do this is have a fan moving the air out and then no fan pushing it in, or 2 fans moving the air out and 1 sucking in.
If you don't have a negative air flow the air will just be pushed out of every little hole in your box and NOT out of your carbon filter.

Don't get me wrong, I can see you know what your doing, your build looks solid, but I'm just trying to offer some advice :0)

Peace out :tokin:

Hey mate can you look my pc grow box in progress help me out whit smell thing i dont want even a bit of smell and if you say carbon filter mini dont work whit pc fan then i fucked help me out please !btw the plants look so dope :)

Thanks a lot everyone and @dontdohome. I saw your youtube video you uploaded one right? You were kinda my first inspiration I got from youtube as yours was the first click awesome that your on here too. And thanks again to the lot of you. Looking forwards to the next few weeks left. Won't be doing anymore trimming from this point on I've done all I feel I need to all the budsites are pretty much exposed and everything has enough room to develop I hope. Anyways the Euforia I can reports giving off a wicked lemony smell I think she's grown on me. I haven't done much research on her she was a random pick from the clones haha. So yeah at first I favored the chronic but now I can report that I favor the Euforia at this point just because of that orgasmic smell. Mmmm yum can't wait she's due sooner that the chronic.

Thanks a lot everyone and @dontdohome. I saw your youtube video you uploaded one right? You were kinda my first inspiration I got from youtube as yours was the first click awesome that your on here too. And thanks again to the lot of you. Looking forwards to the next few weeks left. Won't be doing anymore trimming from this point on I've done all I feel I need to all the budsites are pretty much exposed and everything has enough room to develop I hope. Anyways the Euforia I can reports giving off a wicked lemony smell I think she's grown on me. I haven't done much research on her she was a random pick from the clones haha. So yeah at first I favored the chronic but now I can report that I favor the Euforia at this point just because of that orgasmic smell. Mmmm yum can't wait she's due sooner that the chronic.

OH i forgot in my journal to put some info i think to grow a lowryder 2 femz autoflower or got better sugg and i add some more pic explane you batter what i mean to do as soon as i get money and silikone and spraying is dry.

A little fun upload for you of my medicine, i was bored a few nights a go so yeah and sorry for the odd cut out but still need to install photoshop and needed to censor something out and got carried away :p

IMG_0478_1_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom