MC's K2 Special Grow Show

Whoops! Thanks for catching that one Urdedpal. You are correct - balsamic vinegar is acidic, and gently lowers the PH of the nutrient mixture. It seems to be less acidic than apple cider or white vinegar so it's easier for me to make adjustments without overshooting the 6.3 PH mark.

I keep the nutrient mix and water between PH 6.0 - 6.4 all their life and they seem to thrive at those lower PH levels.

Peace
MC

Update time! Our plants are now 17 days old and have really taken off in the last couple of days.

17-days-big.jpg

17-days-old.jpg

17-days-tall.jpg

Per Cees recommendation, I have been giving them a foliar spray of plain water PH'd to 6.3 once a day to help with the dry conditions. I've found they respond best to being sprayed about 2 hours before the lights go out.

They have been watered twice in the last week - once with a tablespoon of molasses and once just with just plain PH 6.3 water...

I will be transplanting them today or tomorrow into 3 gallon pots and the lights will be switched to 12/12 on Friday. This gives them a few days to recover from transplant shock, but not fill the pot with roots before flowering.

Thanks Endo! Me too... :cool:

But I have to say..... these plants are looking more and more male every day. The biggest one I'm almost 100% sure is a boy, but it's also been the healthiest from day 1. He'll be the one chosen for stud service if none of them are female... :smokin:

Peace
MC

Thanks Urdedpal! If your seedlings are anything like these... they'll be the fastest growing strain in your room! I just hope there is at least 1 female in my group...

Peace
MC

im sure u got more than one female mc. hopefully. looking great none the less

Okay, the Fungus Gnats have officially PISSED ME OFF!

They ate the roots of one of my mother plants right after I trimmed and repotted her.. (Rest In Peace Mommy :angel:)

So, that's IT! I ordered in the heavy artillery!

good-bugs.jpg

info-sheets.jpg
info-sheets.jpg

good-bugs.jpg

MUH HA HA HA HAAAAAAA..... THE FUNGUS GNATS ARE GONNA DIE!

racefan said:
I hate to say "I told you so" but I did. Those larva are very destructive little bastards. Fungus gnats became a enemy of mine a while back. Them and mites. I've fought them all and won! I hate them all as well. I never used the biological control like you are. I've heard both good and bad things. The idea of bringing in new bugs to get rid of the orignals seems counter productive and for some reason I can't get past that. I don't like bugs. They all give me the creepy crawlies. lol That's why the idea of bringing in new ones to eat the old ones scares me a little. the thought of 5000 bugs crawling around my room is just...well....yeach!!!!lol
This was written by racefan at 3:50pm)

Fight bugs with bugs, excellent solution! :peace:

Thanks 4iLLEsT2bTCH0! I hope for at least one girl... but it's good that I'm going to transplant them today, because they have caught up in height to the other plants in the room that have been vegging for over a month. Hopefully they won't outgrow the room before they show sex. If they do, I'll have to bend them over or FIM them to control the height.

Thanks RooRman! I've never tried them before, but it seems like the best way to handle the problem over the long run. It's waaaaay better than spraying every day and starving my plants of water to keep the medium extra dry.

Peace
MC

LOL!! You guys are funny... :laughtwo: :rofl:

They're so small you can't even see them! And it's better than watching fungus gnats crawling all over the soil....

I ordered them from here: Nature's Control - Beneficial Insects for Garden Pest Control

The bugs to control the fungus gnats cost more than the bale of Sunshine mix that brought the plague in! Grrrr....

But seriously, it just occurred to me this evening that the Predator Nematodes will eat *any* soil bug it gets a hold of... including the Fungus Gnat Predators... :hmmmm: Whoops! Good thing I haven't used them yet. It says the nematodes can be kept refrigerated for up to 2 months (in their little sponge-thing)

Hopefully we should see some results in a few days... and for the K2 Special they aren't a problem.

Peace
MC

hahaha your going to war mc. bye bye gnats!

Hey MC,

I was checking out a site with those natrual predators and it says "Fungus Gnat Predators works well with Beneficial Nematodes".

Here is the site.

FirstTimer.

Back
Top Bottom