So your itchy scissor finger has you raring to go
And you've learned more than a few things on this 'get it on' grow

So too have I learned from your demonstration
That limited manipulation provides compensation :kiss:

That CMH grows good weed is obvious, no question
And pretty? Oh my goodness has me up and almost dancing

Small scale medicine could not be more easy
A few seeds, a Rubbermaid, voila' No Mercy

Hi Ms. Chump stain! 12/12 is a fun way to grow, great for getting ones feet wet. It'll also tell you exactly what the minimum time is for a strain to go from seed to scissor but is NOT the best method of getting the best yeild. 3 Weeks of normal veging, LSTing and 8-9 weeks of flowering would have produced more. However for me there is also the stealth consideration. 12 hours of dark per day is very helpful for me in that regard. For the most part 12/12 is a SOG system and most of the big success stories from No Mercy, ect are SOG systems with strains already proven to produce grown this way. I still say it's a great newb way to grow!:ganjamon:

12/12 is also a great way to grow if you're always rotating plants in and out and only have one grow area. With only 1 lighting schedule you can have plants growing 365 at all stages of growth. IF I could grow 365 this is the way I'd do it. 12/12 with different strains going in and out constantly.:yummy:

Thanks!

Indicana.

I did a 2 week veg, I figured it would be kind of a hybrid theory of this technique. I do like the perpetual harvest idea! But yeah, I let mine get some legs before throwing them into flowering. 2 weeks is short for me, considering outside mine veg for 4 months. But I'm a newb.

Awesome Job BTW!!!

:roorrip:

Wow Propa, that IS a grand summary! If I could do that people would tell me to shut up a LOT less! :Rasta:

I am very happy though, the CMH bulb is working great and I would recommend them to anyone with a 400 watt Magnetic ballast that's looking for either a good (and cheap!) veg light or a good (and cheap!) whole grow bulb. It's about 9 inches off the tops and in a open fixture but I plan to upgrade to a DIY Cool tube next time. Rock hard nugs too, I squeezed another last night, one from the very bottom of the plant.. Rock hard.

Even a little manipulation is helpful and my next grow will involve a lot more. Growing medicine is as therapeutic as smoking medicine!

I did a 2 week veg, I figured it would be kind of a hybrid theory of this technique. I do like the perpetual harvest idea! But yeah, I let mine get some legs before throwing them into flowering. 2 weeks is short for me, considering outside mine veg for 4 months. But I'm a newb.

Awesome Job BTW!!!

:roorrip:

Thanks! I'm thinking of 3 weeks of veg before flipping. I don't even think I can get away with 20/4 but will likely have to use the 18/6. That damed 400 Watt bright white CMH bulb causes a few light leaks (not that affect the pants) that cause people to go "what's that?" and while the bulk of my visitors are 420 friendly it is my desire that NO ONE outside of me and the one friend who gave me the seeds knows that I'm doing.. There are more strangers who know what I'm up to than friends! :grinjoint:

For my personal style though I think one light cycle taking plants in and out as seeds come my way, always having something ready to cut down or starting out as a new lil sprout.. It's my zen garden.. I just can't have it.

I want a couch lock Christmas though! And there ain't a amber Trich yet!

*sigh*

I'll keep waiting and watching!

Indicana.

and while the bulk of my visitors are 420 friendly it is my desire that NO ONE outside of me and the one friend who gave me the seeds knows that I'm doing.. There are more strangers who know what I'm up to than friends!
i hear you on this i kept my project super secret for about a month but now its hard not to share with my friends but when i start counting up who knows i tell my self to just shut the f up about it already LOL! and at the same time it is really fun and I'm proud of doing something that is productive.

I've probably told too many people. But we're legal so I don't really care anymore. Smell, is my biggest thing.
ya same here except that my biggest fear is it being smelled and then me being robbed......by damn dirty hippies J/K:grinjoint::grinjoint:

Wow. I read about doing 12/12 from seed but never tried it. I couldn't find enough finished grows. I was linked your grow and those girls look great. When mine finish flowering I am going to try this method. Have you chopped any of them down yet?

+reps

Couldnt have said it better myself. This method looks like its not just a small scale method. If you grew them close together you could scale this up really easy.

Just got caught up on this grow. Very cool and interesting to do 12/12 from seed. Never heard of it before this thread. Good stuff to know.

Looks the OP hasn't been around in a while...harvest must be stonier than he thought LOL.

Anyways, loved the grow, hoped to see the water cure thing on those fat little buds. Hope your still around Indicana.

L8ER

Bloody hell!!

On the 21st of December as I was moving the mouse towards the 'send' button on some email my poor Toshiba hard drive (obviously suffering from holiday blues) decided at that moment to say "Goodbye cruel world!" and commit messy suicide. And messy it was! I won't bore you with the details but I may be lucky to recover 10-20% of my data. I also won't bore you with the story of why it took nearly 3 weeks to get a replacement due to Tigerdirect being.. we'll just say stoned rather than the word I prefer..:smokin:

Anyway..

Story get's worse. I did harvest but the yield was low and the product of mixed qualitiy. I had one girl smelling so much like berries and the most pretty blue and purple you've ever seen and almost no effect at all when smoked. I mean a complete bust. A touch of stone when you've smoked enough to need a lung transplant. 3 other girls sorta middle of the road, 1 immature but potent and 2 that were/are impressive. No computer, no pics, no journal so water cure post will be a detailed step by step but lacking any images unless on a remote somewhere I have the images and HTML files of a cure 'process' I wrote up for a friend a few years back.

So by the end of this week I'll be calling my dealer up and shaming myself. I've tore down the grow room and have been 'redesigning' my grow method, space and equipment, but that's a story for a new thread in a different section!

So the final verdict?

12/12 from seed? Great way to get ones feet wet. Hard to predict how any given strain will take to the method though and properly it's a scrog or 1 room perpetual harvest method. Wanna set the timer once and grow from seed to finish learning what the plant does and likes and doesn't like in a nice pleasing to the newby fast manner? This'll do it. Does it get the most from the plant? I don't think so. Not in yield at least.

7 plants dried roughly 110 grams. Some of the buds didn't get dried, they got chopped up with the trim and are in the freezer waiting for the bubble bags so their weight is aprox based on 18% of their wet weight. I used 18% since that's what the average for the other plants worked out to.

Skunkberry? Wide range of effects and pheno's suggests that the strain needs more work. It's not a fair test though, my grow was less than ideal in many ways so I'm not going to give up. I have 8 seeds left and I may try a few the old fashioned 20/4 then 12/12 way before making a final call.

So I have a little work to do, some construction and then I'll be ready to start round 2!

Thanks!

I guess this one can go into the completed section.. For what it's worth..:grinjoint:

hey indicana did you get lost in the temple of doom or something!

sux about loosing your hard drive
but 110grams is really good off your first grow
good work ill keep a look out for round 2 and the water curing
+rep

Hey Indicana sorry to hear some of the bud was mediocre. But I still count that grow as a success. The experience alone is worth it. Mistakes won't be repeated. Good job buddy. I hope you start another journal. I definitely wanna check out the water cure. Stay green.

L8ER

Any ideas what caused the lack of potency? Could it have been due to the CMH? Are other CMH grows reporting low potency?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom