Rhody's Castle Seeds Project

Rhodeislander

Hi all,
Well this is kinda my second indoor grow, and second journal. I have 5 in vege from clones currently in the first journal.

So here we go:

Seeds from Castle (sponsor)
THC bomb 2 seeds
Prozac
Shark Widow
Northern Lights
Low girl
AK48

They were all germinated in a paper towel, the THC bomb popped first and was ready to go in 24 hours.
The shark widow never did anything, doa.
So, only one loss so far.
All are fem seeds.
Arrived in 2 weeks, nice packaging.

Once germed, placed in Greenfields soil in small started pots.
They sit near my others, but under a small cfl light with a dome that protects them from direct HPS light. I'm sure some indirect light is reaching them but seems to be a non issue. So, pictures are day 3. Looking good.

No nutes, just water sprayed on twice daily. PH looks nice.
I will document and photo as a group, and for anyone wanting to see each strain as it grows.
Wish me luck.
image2334.jpg

Here they are, greeting the world.

image2329.jpg

My protective dome arrangement.

Make sure the lights arent too far from the girls. Also I suggest a fan blowing on them to stregthen the stems. What type of light are you using?
edit: just saw HPS and CFL domed. If height isnt an issue, your ok. But the are getting pretty stretchy if space is an issue.

Hey neighbor, I am from New England too and if your screen name is an indicator the same State. If I know my strains well (that is a big if) it seems that you are growing mostly, if not all, autoflowering strains. Currently I am working with AK 48 autos and have noticed they tend to be slow starters with very slow growth in the first 4 weeks (until the roots a very developed and this is closely related to your pot size). I have used pots from one to three gallons and have noticed a significant difference. Moreover, the bigger the pot the bigger the plant (where you get the side branches/buds). This is my first grow of autoflowers and I might be entirely wrong about the strains you are growing, but if they are auto flowers would you please give us some more details as you progress. Thanks and I hope I met the guidelines as this is my first post at 420.

Jake, super new to this. I got the first five as clones donated. So, not sure what's going to happen. The new seeds journal, check my links in my signature, are all seeds I bought from a sponsor here. I think one is auto, lost two so far, not suremwhatbone is the auto. Getting forgetful in my old age. I will do what I can to help you brother.

:thanks:
Jake, super new to this. I got the first five as clones donated. So, not sure what's going to happen. The new seeds journal, check my links in my signature, are all seeds I bought from a sponsor here. I think one is auto, lost two so far, not suremwhatbone is the auto. Getting forgetful in my old age. I will do what I can to help you brother.

The AK 48 is an auto strain (I"m working with it right now and the Low Girl surely sounds like an autoflowering strain), if they are keep in mind that auto strains do not like to be transplanted, use a 1-2 gallon pot and for the first month micronutrients only. They are slow starters in my experience, staying as a small seedling for the first 3-4 weeks (while they develop their root ball) then they go through a veggie stage (not like other cannabis strains) for another 3-4 weeks when finally they explode into flowering with quick growth and a nice central bud. Just offering you what my experience has been. I appreciate your offer to keep me updated, I would love to share experiences with you. I'm a noobie to the world of growing myself and can use any help I can get. I am also growing "Power Skunk" which is growing great (I am getting 1-2 inches of new growth a day) and will be putting that on a 12/12 schedule in a few weeks. I'll snap some photos to upload to show the stages of growth of the auto strains so you can watch for signs in your grow in case you have any. Thanks again brother, and Happy Growing to you!

i would transplant to 1 gallon pots now, and a final size of 5 gallons. T5 florescent lights are popular because they have higher lumens then regular 4 foot 40 watt florescent light bulbs. i would keep them under your 500 watt metal halide if you have the room for them. have a look at my grow journal, that is a 400 watt digital Lumatek ballast on super lumen setting so 440 watts. you can slowly lower your lights, place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat and adjust your lights above your plants to that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Only issue is the mh is in the room with the other plants, I need them to go on flower schedule. The seedling will stay on 18/6, I was thinking of taking a few clones from the bigger plants and running them in the new vege area also. I see your cfl grow does well. I may try cfl for vege and see how that goes. Need to do it this week. My biggest plant is 38 inches. The big room will be flower area, I will switch bulb out to hpf for flower as well.

i would recommend a 250 watt or 400 watt dimmable digital ballast Metal Halide light bulb to keep your plants in a vegetative state, if this is not an option i would recommend T5 florescent light bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom